Reese Witherspoon: My Daughter Is Anti-Bieber

Reese Witherspoon: My Daughter Is Anti-Bieber

Reese Witherspoon cracks a smile while leaving a yoga class on Saturday (March 12) in Malibu, Calif.

The 34-year-old actress then cooled down by grabbing some smoothies with a friend.

Reese‘s ex-husband Ryan Phillippe recently shared that their 11-year-old daughter, Ava, is “very anti-Bieber.”

“She’s into gymnastics and [is an] equestrian,” Ryan told E! Online. “She’d prefer to listen to the Beatles over Justin Bieber, which I’m kind of proud of.”

reese witherspoon yoga 01
reese witherspoon yoga 02
reese witherspoon yoga 03
reese witherspoon yoga 04
reese witherspoon yoga 05
reese witherspoon yoga 06
reese witherspoon yoga 07

Photos: Flynet
Posted to: Reese Witherspoon

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

good for Ava,

Seems like Ava is a very smart girl =)

entheno*90 @ 03/12/2011 at 6:04 pm

Ava’s a cute kid..she looks like a Reese mini-me when they are together. So for a big name Star …Reese has done well.

It’s great that she’s interested in things other than the crappy music of today which has no originality…she’s expressing her own itnerests..cool.

You can’t listen to Bieber, you just can suffer from Bieber.

Plus, it’s not even music. Like KATY PERRY FOR EXAMPLE ! :)

Cover my eyes! She’s hidous!

That’s messed up that he’s proud and would rather her listen to the beatles. What does he have against Justin Bieber??

That may be the ugliest woman I have ever seen. Wow…

Beiber Fever @ 03/12/2011 at 6:14 pm

I but Justin gives 2 craps that Ava Withered-Poon doesn’t like him! I’m sure he’s crushed!

Go Bieber! @ 03/12/2011 at 6:20 pm

Well, Justin is also Anti-Reese’s spoiled and phony family, so the feeling is mutual. He’s also against her nasty unmadeup face and boyish figure.
What a loser.

Great kid! I can’t wait until Justine Bieber goes away.

Go Ava! Go Reese!
Bieber sucks anyway his fifteen minutes of fame will be over soon

Bieber rules! Reese is a tu*d face.

Pattycake @ 03/12/2011 at 6:28 pm

Why did this site make it appear that Reese said that?

Great kid! I can’t wait until Justine Beaver goes away.

Phillipe sucks @ 03/12/2011 at 6:36 pm

Ryan Phillippe wishes he was as popular as Beiber. With his logic, I guess we should be watching real actors like DeNiro, instead of losers like him.
Ryan is like Beiber.
DeNiro is like the Beatles. Get it Ryan, you twit.

Dried up Reese @ 03/12/2011 at 6:41 pm

Reese is so Fugly and fake.

These Bieber fans are going to grow up and be so embarrassed of their past selves.

Girls it’s great to like someone but I would not encourage the obsession and if I was a parent I would be happy if my kid did not participate in it.

Nowadays kids that listen to the Beatles are little more than none.

Is that Reese Witherspoon, a teenage boy, or my mother?

i’m 22 and back in the days we had Hanson and I was a huge fan of theirs and I look back and i’m proud of my taste in music, at least the hanson brothers could play their own instruments, had good singing voices, and their lyrics had meaning (yes, even mmmbop), my favorite being “I will come to you”. Bieber however…let’s just say i would rather have my kids listen to Hanson.

that’s not true there are plenty of people under age 30 that like/love the beatles. Ava isn’t prenteintious at all it’s called having taste

All I did was read the title and I instantly like Reese and Ryan’s daughter! LOL! :)

i’m proud my girl is anti-beiber? what about i’m not proud my dad is a loser and cheater?

jj,

please don’t show reese’s legs from behind anymore with shorts on. i almost lost my lunch…gross

lets just hope she’s not pro Willow the freak Smith!

FINALLY someone who dislikes Beiber just as much as I do. I’m sick of Hollywood all acting like they love that damn kid.

The Beatles were basically a boy band in the beginning. Beatlemania was the exact same thing as Beiber. Mop top haircuts and girls screaming at the top of their lungs. The Beatles obviously evolved to legendary status over their career, but at the start they were basically four Biebers. Reese doesn’t really know what she is talking about. The Beatles aren’t the antithesis of Bieber. They were the Justin Bieber of the early 1960′s.

profound^^^^^^ @ 03/12/2011 at 9:11 pm

that is the most profound post i’ve seen on this site…probably ever. you hit the nail on the head.

p.s. reese sucks

@JC: First off, if you’ll actually learn to read, you would know that Reese didn’t say that. Her 11 year old daughter did. Second off, comparing The Beatles to Justin Bieber should get you banned from the internet. The Beatles are a lasting legacy that had actual talent and continue to have an impact on our culture all these decades later. I would be surprised if Justin Bieber is still around by the time he’s done with puberty.

SMART GIRL AVA!!! the Beatles over Bieber… don’t ever change Ava

@loser: The post clearly says “She’d prefer to listen to the Beatles over Justin Bieber, which I’m kind of proud of.” Maybe you’re the one who needs to learn how to read. The Beatles early material consisted of the same kind of bubble gum pop that boy bands and Bieber put out today. It wasn’t until the Beatles sixth album Help! that they started evolving into musicians, and began shedding their squeaky clean mop top boy band image. I never compared them to Justin Bieber, and I would never compare to them to Justin Bieber. They started out the same way Justin Bieber did though, and that is a fact. Honestly tell me the early Beatles weren’t four Biebers. http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-content/media/2008/06/beatles.jpg

Seriously are adults getting worked up over an 11 year-old who isn’t crazy about the latest hot boy bander? That’s nuts. Leave the kid alone and accept that people have different tastes.

can’t believe he’s 36, the guy has no personality whatsoever and is so immature like my girl is sooooo cool and hipster she likes the beattles better than bieber, who the fcuk cares? she’s a LITTLE girl duh
next he’s gonna tell us she thinks the color pink is lame and she is a vegan so that he can sound rad in an itw. uhh can’t stand him
Since he is into comparing stuff, ask the girl if she thinks her daddy’s movies are a masterpiece next to the Godfather hahahahaha

@Go Bieber!:
are you his spokesperson?

@Jp: You sou stupid. I’m under 30 and yes I listen to the beatles. In fact Im under 20 and listen to the beatles, led Zeppelin, the who, queen, earth wind and fire, Stevie wonder, Marvin Gaye, jimi hendrix, Janis Joplin, the doors, cream, bob Dylan, ray Charles, nina simone, judy garland, Babara streisand and many more and yes I’ve been listening to them since I was 12. You need to get out of this generic bull s.h.I.t. era you call music and listen to some real talented artists. In fact, why not listen to Michael Jackson to see how it’s done since his generic knock offs can’t seem to copy him right.

@JC: The beatles were a boy band in a sense, but beatlemania was way bigger than the whole Bieber fever. The beatles werent popular for a year, they were popular for their whole career as four oh and yes unlike beiber they grew as artists throughout their career and no my world 2.0 is not growth of an artist.

well,that’s something you could be proud of!

whoooooo that a girl Ava!!

Um, shouldn’t this be under Ryan rather than Reese? Or is it you need an excuse to post pics and using bieber will get more hits. Reese never said anything.

BretTheMan @ 03/13/2011 at 7:13 am

Love the way you taught that child, Reese! I wouldnt want my daughter listening to that faggy whuss either !

ewwwwwwwwww @ 03/13/2011 at 7:39 am

F*ck off Reese Witherspoon,
you fugly and phony b!tch.

All I have to say is give this guy some credit. He’s where he is today for a reason, teenage girls love his music. People have different tastes and music is no different. It’s crazy how people can get so worked up about who is in hollywood and who is not. My female co workers had a conversation on how much they hated justin beiber’s music for two hours. His fame will pass. What makes his passion any different from the beatles? I am not a fan of his music but I at least appreciate what he has accomplished.

@JC: Don’t you dare compare Justin Bieber to the Beatles! That’s just a disgrace! The Beatles wrote their own music and played their own instruments in clubs for years before they got famous. What is Bieber doing? Dancing around and singing ‘Baby Baby Oh’ in a whiny voice *shudders*

@ssd: then dont go on gossipsites it shows u have no life

The one difference between The Beatles and Justin Beiber is the fact that we will still know who The Beatles were in 40 years and Justin will be a has-been.

I think Ryan is saying he’s proud of the fact she doesn’t like him because pretty much every girl her age does. He’s proud that she has her own opinions and isn’t afraid to share them.

PS. I think Reese is one of the most real actresses in Hollywood. I don’t know why so many of you have a problem with her. Jealously perhaps?

She's a jerk^^^ @ 03/13/2011 at 4:48 pm

Simplr jealousy doesn’t create this much venom about a person. I am jealous of some people, but it does not make me want to slap the sh*t out of them. Reese is hated b/c her true colors are out and cannot be hidden. She was raised to be a snob, and she lives her life that way. People generally don’t like a-holes…
I don’t believe simple jealousy creates this much hatred by itself.

Jimmyismyface @ 03/13/2011 at 5:09 pm

I like potato chips.

Never have thought that Reese is attractive, so much skin and bones and no cleveage, but she is looking cute above.

Of course there is someone that would not like him, its just that the people who like him far out weighs the people who don’t. He will fade away though just like all the former hot boy bands and other teenage singers

@Dahlia: are you being a hater? of course not everyone will like everyone, not a surprise to me. Anyhow, Justin will fade just like the other boy bands, unless if Usher stays dedicated in him then maybe he will last.

Ava is smart (:

seriously, yo @ 03/13/2011 at 8:28 pm

@C:

I’m not a huge fan of Justin Bieber, but maybe you should do your research. If you did, you would know that he can play 3 instruments.
The kid is talented. But to each their own. Everyone likes their own thing.

JustJared.com did make it seem like Reese said these things to get web hits, when it was really Ryan who said it.

seriously, yo @ 03/13/2011 at 8:28 pm

@C:

The kid is talented. But to each their own. Everyone likes their own thing.

That’s all very well but I grew up with the beatles, and the truth is that it was one overated and overhyped band. Nothing to be proud of. Now if she liked Myles Davis I’d be impressed.

Who cares about Beiber vs. Witherspoon Jr…

The real story should be how drastically unattractive this woman is in real life.

Holy Moly…………….

Veiny Legs/2nd toe @ 03/13/2011 at 10:04 pm

Veiny Legs? Whats with that monster 2nd toe? Its so long it can barely fit on her flip flop. What a freak!

@Dahlia:

I agree. My 10 year old is not a fan either! Thank! Goodness!!!!

Good grief. She’s lost whatever looks she had in her youthful days.

I think it’s hilarious that people are somehow repulsed that Reese isn’t wearing makeup. She was working out, not partying. Most people prefer not to wear makeup just to go to the gym or the yoga studio. If she was perfectly made up those same people would probably be complaining that she’s too dressed up.

This girl is a real Beauty!!

lady danvers carew @ 07/17/2011 at 11:49 am

@JC:
yes, except they had the talent to become legends in the first place. I’m pretty sure Justin Bieber doesn’t. Also, they could sing from the start.

Guitarist @ 09/29/2012 at 8:24 am

@JC: No you’re wrong.
A Boy Band is just a vocal group of singing males. Eg:- One Direction
The Beatles played INSTRUMENTS which makes them a regular rock band.
The Beatles were appreciated by all kinds of people, males AND females whereas Bieber’s fanbase is just a bunch of screaming female tweens.
The Beatles were pioneers, their influence in music will always be felt whereas Bieber is nothing but a fad, will never contribute to anything and will be forgotten.
Do your research before posting something like that.