Amy Adams: Superman's Lois Lane?

Amy Adams: Superman's Lois Lane?

Amy Adams has reportedly landed the role of Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman reboot.

Director Zack Snyder called the 36-year-old actress on Sunday morning (March 27) to tell her she’d gotten the part, according to the L.A. Times.

“There was a big, giant search for Lois….For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it,” Zack said.

Henry Cavill has already been cast as Superman in the reboot.

Congrats to Amy if it’s true!!

WENN
  • Lance Armstrong plays golf now after his doping scandal- US Weekly
  • Jay Z and Roc Nation are being sued by a sound engineer- TMZ
  • Watch a trailer for Sharknado 2- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Rixton's cover of Ariana Grande's hit song 'Problem'- Just Jared Jr
  • Courtney Love will be bringing her acting chops to Sons of Anarchy- Entertainment Weekly
  • Columbus Short opens up about his Scandal exit- Huffington Post
  • Read a career prospectus on James Marsden- Lainey Gossip
  • Brazil's loss to Germany in FIFA World Cup blows up Twitter- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Elisabetta Canalis shows off her bikini body in Italy- Hollywood Tuna

Arthur Marcus @ 03/27/2011 at 3:03 pm

THIS FRANCHISE IS HUNGRY FOR GREATNESS! This is the time to rebuild the franchise. They should exclude Lex Luthor or General Zod from the Superman movies for a while. They should utilise the villains that weren’t included in the previous films such as Bizarro, Brainiac, Doomsday, Metallo, Toyman, Darkseid, Atomic Skull, Bloodsport, Bruno Mannheim, Conduit, Cyborg Superman, Faora, Gog, Imperiex, Intergang, Jax-Ur, Kryptonite Man, Livewire, Mala, Mercy Graves, Mongul, Morgan Edge, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Parasite, Prankster, Sam Lane, Silver Banshee, Solaris, Superboy-Prime, Superman Revenge Squad, Terra-Man, Titano, Ultra-Humanite, Ultraman. This is a second chance to get it right. This is an opportunity.

No offence to Amy Adams….but that would be terrible casting!

Jack Easton @ 03/27/2011 at 3:05 pm

Amy Adams is so beautiful and voluptuous. This incredibly gorgeous and curvaceous young woman is pure American perfection.

Her and Henry would look gorgeous together! I definitely see them meshing chemistry-wise. I hope she takes the role. She’ll make a strong, sassy, memorable Lois. Help us forget Kate Bosworth, Amy, PLEASE!

this will be another crappy movie

Bernard Tilman @ 03/27/2011 at 3:07 pm

They will probably cast one of the below rising young actresses as Lois Lane rather than making her a cougar:

Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Sophia Bush, Miley Cyrus, Kat Dennings, Hilary Duff, Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Taylor Momsen, Ellen Page, Emma Roberts, Jessica Szohr, Evan Rachel Wood

Oh no, she’s too good for this.

MangerBouger @ 03/27/2011 at 3:12 pm

That would actually be AWESOME if it was her (at least it won’t be worse than the last one) !!!! She was perfect in The Fighter … finally some hope.
@Arthur Marcus: I would love to see a human vilain, some crazy mad guy who cannot explain his taste for bad things, such as Manchester Black !

As nice looking as Amy Adams is, she’s like 10 years older that Henry Cavill so she is so not a good fit for Lois Lane…

I disagree with people who say Amy is too old. One, she looks very young and can pass for someone in her twenties. Two, Lois Lane is supposed to be a career-woman, so it isn’t a stretch to think she’s been working for awhile, and might have a few years on Clark.

seriously @ 03/27/2011 at 3:35 pm

i love her, but this would be a horrible casting decision. she is just too old.

I like Amy, so am definitely not opposed to this casting at all. She does look young and is certainly spunky. Just as long as it isn’t one of those good for nothing actresses like Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, Rachel Bilson, and Kate Bosworth. Please pick an actress with brains and who can actually act!!

i actually think that Amy is a great choice for “the new Lois Lane” , i mean, she’s fun to watch and is an incredible actress, the part would be in good hands.

Vox Veritas @ 03/27/2011 at 3:44 pm

@Arthur Marcus:

I like your list of baddies, but considering the type of movies they usually make, a lot of them don’t work. Hence why some of those become cheesy on Smallville.
There has to be an immediate reason for the existance of a bad guy in a movie. Bizarro would only work if that same movie builds up to him as a clone by small fries. Brianiac could work because he’s an alien, so he’s got the given “takes over the world” card built in. Doomsday needs LOTS of build up to be done right considering that “right” took I don’t know how many comic issues and all of the Justice League to make him grand. Metallo has the same problem as Bizarro.. he needs someone to make him. Toyman would need a completely different type of movie than we are used to, more of a Batman/Detective type of movie, to give us a great scare. It would be great but doubt they’d go for it. Darkseid is good; He’s a big threat and very alien. Atomic Skull needs to be made. Bloodsport, I had to look up, but he’d be a timely villain that would be very close to home and enhance Superman’s American adoptee credentials. Bruno Manheim can be a good “starter” villain. I’d like Conduit if they do a side-by-side Origins story, or focus on the bad guy while exlplaining the relevance of nature-vs-nurture in the creation of a good/evil dichotomy. Cyborg Superman I’d prefer as JUST Cyborg, since he didn’t become a Superman till after the original died. Faora needs Zod. Gog is god, or demi- at least. lol! Jeez! … Mxyzptlk would be a fun movie, but don’t think they are up to magical/extradimensional fantasy despite this being about a man WHO CAN FLY! … Sam Lane is a good choice if Superman gets treated like Hulk, and he could be used as the catalyst to some of the “man-made” villains. Way too many to keep going, but I think you get the idea! You’re right about this being an opportunity, and I wish they’d take on Superman from different angles so it wouldn’t just be a rock’em sock’em event!
Although, if they HAVE to do rock’em sock’em, how about Lobo thrown in the mix?

Rebecca Honey @ 03/27/2011 at 3:45 pm

Amy Adams has an amazing figure. I just love her curves. She’s so shapely. She’s a great example to real women around the country. She proves that curves really are sexy! I’m not skinny, I’m curvy, but I think that’s the best way to be. Womanly. It’s sexy!

@Arthur Marcus:

You are exactly right. Hollywood just doesn’t know how to take advantage of the awesome characters and story lines that already exist in comics. Like in X-men, they make 3 movies with the exact same villain (Magneto).
A movie with almost any of the villains you mentioned would be sweet but some how I’d doubt Hollywood will pull it off. Oh and for the record I think they did a decent job with the last superman I just don’t want to see lex luthor again.

Grey Scherl @ 03/27/2011 at 3:47 pm

@Arthur Marcus:

And let’s not forget: Chickadee, Lightning Lady, the Flaming Robot, Tree Stump, Prehistoric Birdman, Crazy Mermaid, Bug Bomb, Fast Turtle, The Human Gun, Frosty the Snowman, The Cloud, Super Truck, Grease Fire, Adolf Hitler, Mr. Strong, The Plant, Arthur Marcus, The ****, Dino Dan, The Jerk, Mountain Momma, Freezer Burn, Oil Slick, General Yuck, Bubbles, Sleepwalker, Microwave, Lady Diamond, Walking Volcano, the Thinker, and Pillow Power.

(Just having fun. I’m not making fun of you.)

I could happily live without ever seeing Atomic Skull, Bloodsport, Bruno Mannheim, Conduit, Gog, Imperiax, Jax-Ur, Kryptonite Man, Mala, Mercy Graves (who is Luthor’s bodyguard), Morgan Edge, Prankster, Sam Lane, Solaris (a sentient sun? really?), Superboy Prime, Terra-Man, Titano, or Ultra-Humanite.

I appreciate the effort hunting down his bad guys on wiki, but there really is a reason everyone always falls back on Lex

wth people? She’s an amazing actress, sure, but she’s much older than Henry! IDK.. this is not a good pair. I’d totally root for her if another gy was Superman

i n f a m o u s l y c o o l @ 03/27/2011 at 3:57 pm

…Nooooooooo! Please, dear god no. She isn’t a good enough actress for that. Plus she’s no Lois Lane.

@delia: Jessica Biel is definitely not good for nothing. Have you seen Easy Virtue?

MangerBouger @ 03/27/2011 at 3:59 pm

I don’t understand the cougar comments … she looks so YOUNG for her age, I didn’t even know she was 36 and he looks so older that he actually is.
Like #12-Chelsea said Lois is a renown fearless ambitious reporter at her work place before even Clark meets her. Plus, I don’t think it would be Clark’s type to go for a younger woman who just steps in the journalistic world like himself … he’s got to be impressed by the girl. Wake up, it’s not some teenager TV-show (aka smallville) were Lois is not intellectually equal to Clark … duh.
Look at the pics… thay look HOT together, and most of the time Cavill has better chemistry with older actresses (cf The Tudors).

Justin Beaver @ 03/27/2011 at 4:01 pm

We should expect one of the following rising young actors to play Jimmy Olsen:

Shia LaBeouf, Anton Yelchin, Zac Efron, Ed Westwick, Penn Badgley, Chad Michael Murray, Adam Brody, Thomas Dekker, Chace Crawford, Emile Hirsch, James Lafferty, Michael Cera.

One of the following actors will probably Perry White:

Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, Ricky Gervais, Simon Pegg, Eddie Izzard, Rowan Atkinson, Owen Wilson, Jack Black, Rob Schneider, Jeremy Piven, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin, Tim Allen, Chevy Chase, John Goodman, Billy Connolly, Danny DeVito, Robin Williams, George Lopez, John Cleese, Steve Coogan.

She would be a horrible choice. Way too old.

Blueberry @ 03/27/2011 at 4:44 pm

Oh no(( I actually like her and I really think she is good actress, but I just don’t see her as Lois Lane) I think it’s bad choice

loserbunny @ 03/27/2011 at 4:48 pm

Amy is so beautiful and such a great actress. Glad to hear that they picked her for Lois Lane. She is perfect since she’s got the right mix of spunk and intelligence for the role :-)

This should be an interesting casting choice. I like Henry in the Tudors and Amy Adams is a great actress. I’m glad they cast her because she can at least act unlike the other choices.

Henry Cavill? Another British actor for an American superhero franchise? Really? Have we ran out of American actors for superhero roles? Maybe develop our own talent for a change?

LTavares2011 @ 03/27/2011 at 5:11 pm

Great choice!! I love Amy. She is a very good actress and she looks the way I think Lois Lane really is: smart, strong, adorable, funny.

Olivia Wilde not a contender anymore?

hollywood @ 03/27/2011 at 6:35 pm

@yohjsd: No part is casted

Love them both…..i think they will be great toghether under Zack’s direction. Love Snyders vision in action genres.

She was terrible in the fighter I cant believe she got an Oscar nom for it. She couldn’t play a tough girl if her life depended on it- her eyes were filled with tears the whole movie.

Jeeez! Henry is only 26 yrs old while Amy is already 36 – a cradle-snatcher Lois Lane?!

offtheproperty @ 03/27/2011 at 11:00 pm

Her red hair and blue eyes!
Her big, beautiful, happy smile!
Her sensitive nature and good heart!
I love her too and everything she does.

People, Lois Lane is older than Clark Kent/Superman.

Amy Adams is so annoying and horrible to watch onscreen. Too bad they couldn’t pick someone young and bright that people would want to go see.

Everytime I see her in a romantic movie, I respect the lead actor more, for having to try to portray a character who could fall in love with her.

no offence to amy, but her voice when she speaks is annoying as hell,cant they find anybody young ,sophisticated,not chubby,who doesnt act like shes in a disney movie all the time,pls!henry cavill is such a hunky guy ,and this is his first big break,pls dont make his first big movie look like a cougar town.ugggh!

I´AM A BIG, BIG SUPERMAN FAN, AND SORRY UYS BUT I LIKE HER A LOT AND SHE IS A GREAT ACTRESS BUT I DONÑT LIKE HER AS LOIS, LOIS IS GORGEOUS BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING IS PERSONALITY, SHE IS AN ARMY BRAT, SHE IS MAD DOG LANE, SHE IS STRONG, SEXY, FUNNY BUT IN A TEASE WAY, SHE MAKE THE MAN OF STEEL GO ON HIS KNEES… AND SHE IS TOOOO CUTE TO BE LOIS…O MAN IM STAY WITH ERICA DURANCE AS LOIS, IN MY MIND NEITHER KATE OR HER EXIST.

I´AM A BIG, BIG SUPERMAN FAN, AND SORRY, I LIKE HER A LOT AND SHE IS A GREAT ACTRESS AND IS BEAUTIFUL BUT I DON´T LIKE HER AS LOIS, LOIS IS GORGEOUS BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING SHE IS PERSONALITY, SHE IS AN ARMY BRAT, SHE IS MAD DOG LANE, SHE IS STRONG, SEXY, FUNNY BUT IN A TEASE WAY, SHE MAKE THE MAN OF STEEL GO ON HIS KNEES… AND AMY… SHE IS TOOOO CUTE TO BE LOIS…O MAN IM STAY WITH ERICA DURANCE AS LOIS, IN MY MIND NEITHER KATE OR AMY EXIST.

AND DON´T HATE ME, AM A FAN AND I DON´T LIKE HER AS LOIS.

SORRY FOR THE DOB POST, AND FOR THE BIG MISTAKES, BUT I WAS SO UPSET FOR THIS :(

Can you imagine her voice as Lois Lane? It would be cartoony instead of sexy.

No offence against Amy, she is great actually. But what happened with casting a woman who wasn’t supposed to overshine their new Superman!?

Navritonola @ 03/28/2011 at 3:40 am

amy adams is OLD looking and Gingers are so UGLY.
Next!!

she’s perfect for the role!

She is too old for this movie.

All you people spouting off that Amy is to old. If it wasn’t reported, I never would have guessed she is 36 because she looks so young and vibrant. In fact, she looks younger than that horrible Kate Bosworth who single handedly RUINED Lois Lane and Kate’s only 28. Just goes to show, it’s not the age, it’s the milage and Kate has many many miles on those knees.

he looks like wes bentley

I hope they dont have lex luthor in this movie..the lex thing has been played to death….amy adams she seem to girly girly to play lois but who knows maybe she will surprise us….but no lex if they do i will stop watching superman movies….