Amy Adams: Superman's Lois Lane?

Amy Adams: Superman's Lois Lane?

Amy Adams has reportedly landed the role of Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman reboot.

Director Zack Snyder called the 36-year-old actress on Sunday morning (March 27) to tell her she’d gotten the part, according to the L.A. Times.

“There was a big, giant search for Lois….For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it,” Zack said.

Henry Cavill has already been cast as Superman in the reboot.

Congrats to Amy if it’s true!!

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All
Justin Beaver @ 03/27/2011 at 4:01 pm

We should expect one of the following rising young actors to play Jimmy Olsen:

Shia LaBeouf, Anton Yelchin, Zac Efron, Ed Westwick, Penn Badgley, Chad Michael Murray, Adam Brody, Thomas Dekker, Chace Crawford, Emile Hirsch, James Lafferty, Michael Cera.

One of the following actors will probably Perry White:

Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, Ricky Gervais, Simon Pegg, Eddie Izzard, Rowan Atkinson, Owen Wilson, Jack Black, Rob Schneider, Jeremy Piven, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin, Tim Allen, Chevy Chase, John Goodman, Billy Connolly, Danny DeVito, Robin Williams, George Lopez, John Cleese, Steve Coogan.

She would be a horrible choice. Way too old.

Blueberry @ 03/27/2011 at 4:44 pm

Oh no(( I actually like her and I really think she is good actress, but I just don’t see her as Lois Lane) I think it’s bad choice

loserbunny @ 03/27/2011 at 4:48 pm

Amy is so beautiful and such a great actress. Glad to hear that they picked her for Lois Lane. She is perfect since she’s got the right mix of spunk and intelligence for the role :-)

This should be an interesting casting choice. I like Henry in the Tudors and Amy Adams is a great actress. I’m glad they cast her because she can at least act unlike the other choices.

Henry Cavill? Another British actor for an American superhero franchise? Really? Have we ran out of American actors for superhero roles? Maybe develop our own talent for a change?

LTavares2011 @ 03/27/2011 at 5:11 pm

Great choice!! I love Amy. She is a very good actress and she looks the way I think Lois Lane really is: smart, strong, adorable, funny.

Olivia Wilde not a contender anymore?

hollywood @ 03/27/2011 at 6:35 pm

@yohjsd: No part is casted

Love them both…..i think they will be great toghether under Zack’s direction. Love Snyders vision in action genres.

She was terrible in the fighter I cant believe she got an Oscar nom for it. She couldn’t play a tough girl if her life depended on it- her eyes were filled with tears the whole movie.

Jeeez! Henry is only 26 yrs old while Amy is already 36 – a cradle-snatcher Lois Lane?!

offtheproperty @ 03/27/2011 at 11:00 pm

Her red hair and blue eyes!
Her big, beautiful, happy smile!
Her sensitive nature and good heart!
I love her too and everything she does.

People, Lois Lane is older than Clark Kent/Superman.

Amy Adams is so annoying and horrible to watch onscreen. Too bad they couldn’t pick someone young and bright that people would want to go see.

Everytime I see her in a romantic movie, I respect the lead actor more, for having to try to portray a character who could fall in love with her.

no offence to amy, but her voice when she speaks is annoying as hell,cant they find anybody young ,sophisticated,not chubby,who doesnt act like shes in a disney movie all the time,pls!henry cavill is such a hunky guy ,and this is his first big break,pls dont make his first big movie look like a cougar town.ugggh!

I´AM A BIG, BIG SUPERMAN FAN, AND SORRY UYS BUT I LIKE HER A LOT AND SHE IS A GREAT ACTRESS BUT I DONÑT LIKE HER AS LOIS, LOIS IS GORGEOUS BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING IS PERSONALITY, SHE IS AN ARMY BRAT, SHE IS MAD DOG LANE, SHE IS STRONG, SEXY, FUNNY BUT IN A TEASE WAY, SHE MAKE THE MAN OF STEEL GO ON HIS KNEES… AND SHE IS TOOOO CUTE TO BE LOIS…O MAN IM STAY WITH ERICA DURANCE AS LOIS, IN MY MIND NEITHER KATE OR HER EXIST.

I´AM A BIG, BIG SUPERMAN FAN, AND SORRY, I LIKE HER A LOT AND SHE IS A GREAT ACTRESS AND IS BEAUTIFUL BUT I DON´T LIKE HER AS LOIS, LOIS IS GORGEOUS BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING SHE IS PERSONALITY, SHE IS AN ARMY BRAT, SHE IS MAD DOG LANE, SHE IS STRONG, SEXY, FUNNY BUT IN A TEASE WAY, SHE MAKE THE MAN OF STEEL GO ON HIS KNEES… AND AMY… SHE IS TOOOO CUTE TO BE LOIS…O MAN IM STAY WITH ERICA DURANCE AS LOIS, IN MY MIND NEITHER KATE OR AMY EXIST.

AND DON´T HATE ME, AM A FAN AND I DON´T LIKE HER AS LOIS.

SORRY FOR THE DOB POST, AND FOR THE BIG MISTAKES, BUT I WAS SO UPSET FOR THIS :(

Can you imagine her voice as Lois Lane? It would be cartoony instead of sexy.

No offence against Amy, she is great actually. But what happened with casting a woman who wasn’t supposed to overshine their new Superman!?

Navritonola @ 03/28/2011 at 3:40 am

amy adams is OLD looking and Gingers are so UGLY.
Next!!

she’s perfect for the role!

She is too old for this movie.

All you people spouting off that Amy is to old. If it wasn’t reported, I never would have guessed she is 36 because she looks so young and vibrant. In fact, she looks younger than that horrible Kate Bosworth who single handedly RUINED Lois Lane and Kate’s only 28. Just goes to show, it’s not the age, it’s the milage and Kate has many many miles on those knees.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All