Mariah Carey: My Babies Were Almost Born on My Birthday!

Mariah Carey: My Babies Were Almost Born on My Birthday!

Mariah Carey is ready to pop – and she thought she’d be giving birth to her twins on her own birthday after she began to have contractions on Sunday (March 27)!

The superstar singer, who celebrated her 41st birthday on the same day, tweeted, “So #dembabies really wanted 2 celebrate w/us/share the anniversary! I started having contractions last night..went 2 the hospital-Finally they said I could come home after they got it under control but They almost came on 3/27- happy anniversary in deed!!! We have a few more weeks 2 go but- wow!!!: ) #soreadyallready!”

Mariah‘s hubby, Nick Cannon, recently shared that he’s in awe of Mariah but is a little worried about labor!

“I am probably going to faint in the delivery room! I need to man up!” Nick tweeted. “Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal! I am in awe of my wife!”

Credit: Jemal Countess; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon, Pregnant Celebrities

Rich Polk/Getty

Iffy Miffy @ 03/27/2011 at 11:17 am

I love Nick’s comment – woman up – indeed! All the best wishes for her, that the babies are born healthy and that she comes through just fine too!

even though I’m not really a fan of hers anymore, her humor still makes me laugh and i do wish her all the best :)

When her birthday.. Ohh i dont care

Carla Havar @ 03/27/2011 at 11:21 am

I am sure they will be great parents. I’m so happy for Mariah. She must be over the moon!
So far, unfortunately, I’ve been dealing with men with no backbone, who make promises they cannot keep. A lot of men don’t know how to handle a strong woman. I am a 34 year old divorced woman with a young daughter and it would be nice to have a son as well. We’ll see. I’m dying to have a baby. I’d like two. In fact, my biological clock is already ticking and I don’t know how to describe it. It’s just becoming a physical need now. I just really want a baby! I want to reproduce so bad! It’s less an intellectual decision than a physical calling. My body feels like it’s asking to reproduce, to have a huge belly and carry babies.

Britney Warren @ 03/27/2011 at 11:24 am

Mariah Carey has an amazing figure. I just love her curves. She’s so shapely. She’s a great example to real women around the country. She proves that curves really are sexy! I’m not skinny, I’m curvy, but I think that’s the best way to be. Womanly. It’s sexy!

Paris Jade @ 03/27/2011 at 11:25 am

Love Penelope Cruz!! She deserves to be so happy and have lots of babies. Really lovely girl.
I turn 30 next week which I’m excited about and I see it as an achievement that I’ve got to this age without getting married and having children. Not that I’ve got anything against either, but I have been with so many guys who have said “You’re mine. Let’s get married and have kids” and I have always said no because I have always wanted my independence and my own life. This year hasn’t been easy, but now that I’m in a good place with having a great job and a toyboy and I’ve never been in better shape, I am looking forward to giving all that up. I wasn’t in a relationship that fulfilled me until now and what I did in the past was selfish. I take responsibility for everything I’ve done. I hate that people got hurt. But I don’t regret the outcome – a committed relationship with my toyboy. I’d love to have children in the next couple of years because the result is so worth it and my toyboy adores them. He is only 22, but I am really surprised by his maturity. But he’s got his career and things are going well, so I wouldn’t want to put him under any pressure. I don’t feel the clock ticking. If it happens, it happens. It’s a whole new world.

she’s not 42 she’s 41 she was born in 1970. twins coming early is nothing new but in this case the doctors deemed it unsafe and were able to stop her contractions and she was sent home a couple of hours later. hopefully their birth isn’t too far off she’s been in a lot of pain as the end nears not uncommon at least nick is being attentive to her obviously excited that the twins are about to arrive. they’ve waited and struggled so long to hve children that’s it’s natural to eer on the side of caution anything can happen

Paris Jade @ 03/27/2011 at 11:27 am

My apologies, I meant Mariah Carey obviously in my previous post.

Not a fan of Mariah or Nick Cannon, but I liked his comment on “woman”-ing up! Nice one

Lorraine Benz @ 03/27/2011 at 11:30 am

I’m glad to see Mariah Carey happy again after all that she has been through over the years and in a happy marriage with her new babies about to come into this world.
My husband and I are just really open and honest with each other. We tell each other everything that goes on and everything that we’re feeling everyday, and we’re just really there for each other.
I think he taught me a lot about inner beauty and confidence in myself. I’m voluptuous and I’ve always been that way but I don’t really feel pretty ever, without makeup. I feel ugly. And so I would have to sleep with makeup on, or feel ugly and gross. He looks beyond all of that, which is such a win, because I’ve never felt that with anybody. He’s in love with the person inside of me, and the outside of me is just a bonus. I feel better—so much better now than I ever did in my twenties. I am calmer; I know who I am. And as a result, I feel much sexier.

I am beginning to like this Nick guy. He looked so in ‘puppy love’ with her around the wedding and thought it would die down. But he still seems to be crazy about her.

love her so much! wish her all the best!!!

Megan Salmon @ 03/27/2011 at 11:32 am

Woooo! I’m so excited for her!
Being a new mother myself definitely makes me feel so much sexier than ever before. There’s a certain responsibility that I carry being a mom that makes me feel very confident and so blessed. Being a mom is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

Aw that is cute, imagine if she had them on her b-day haha!

Good luck to them all.

Wow! That would have been really weird having your kids birthday on your birthday. I am really happy that she is ok and everything turned out well.

Sebastian Shaw @ 03/27/2011 at 11:40 am

He’s needed to man up ever since they got together. He acts all tough but in reality, he couldn’t even stand up to Mariah because her career came first. She’s the one who has always been in control of the relationship and had the power.

we are waiting for you to deliver my queen :) Good luck :)

Priscilla @ 03/27/2011 at 1:02 pm

I feel like she has been pregnant forever.

well it does seem it’s been a long time but she’s nearly due if this was earlier in the pregnancy she could’ve lost one or both of the twins which would’ve been devastating to say the least. her and Nick have both made no bones about wanting children and the struggle it took to finally conceive the twins after her miscarriage at christmas 2008. at least her doctors were able to get it under control though twins naturally come earlier a large majority of the time and with her at about 37 weeks which is considered full term for twins it’s not too long from now. but everybody involved wanted to be safe so that those babies are born healthy which should be all that matters

It is the 27th in the states today. Isn’t there still a chance she could have them today? Or like usual, did JJ happen to get the wrong date posted AGAIN and maybe this happened yesterday????

today is the 27th and this happened last night early this morning. but she has to have c-section for medical reasons not vanity so had it been real labor it would’ve been an emergency c-section rather than a scheduled one. it’s not like she wanted a ceasearian which is major abdominal surgery but it was deemed by her doctors the safest way for the twins to be born. Mariah had actually desired a natural birth but it just wasn’t meant to be and a first labor usually lasts between 10 & 20 hrs so if this was at 2:30am LA time this morning she’d be 17 hours in at the moment and besides has been confined to bed rest since february anyway not uncommon for a mom expecting twins

im so happy for her i hope her babies are healthy i hope in the future that ill be able to meet her she’s awsome i love her so much

i love mariah carey i hope the babies are so so healthy i wan’t yo meet you one day i hpoe i do i love the babies namesi wan’t twins one day love you your number one fan *lolz*