'Shameless' Breaks Records for Showtime

'Shameless' Breaks Records for Showtime

Showtime’s hit new series Shameless has broken records with its season one finale, which aired on Sunday (March 27).

The finale marked the series’ best ratings to date and showed an 18 percent increase over its premiere episode.

Shameless, which stars Emmy Rossum, William H. Macy, and Justin Chatwin, garnered 1.51 million viewers for the season finale episode. The audience was larger than any freshman series since Queer as Folk in 2001!

Congrats! We can’t wait for season two!

DID YOU WATCH the season finale of Shameless?

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

I LOVE SHAMELESS! I don’t know what am I going to do without it! Can’t believe the new season premieres on 2012.

I watched, and was glad Fiona stayed and that Lip took a steaming
p i s s on Frank…

Great! I’ve really fallen in love with the show. I do, however, think the season finale was the weakest episode of the entire season.

I love Nurse Jackie as well and thought its premiere was sub par, especially with how season 2 ended.

christyjolie @ 03/29/2011 at 10:40 pm

I Love Shameless!!!

barefoot contessa @ 03/29/2011 at 10:42 pm

DWTS is fixed, scandal coming.

what an amazing series! the acting is incredible as is the writing.

Yes,I love that show.

Yes,I love that show.

sindyisdatchu @ 03/30/2011 at 2:44 am

o maaan til 2012??? we r in march rgt now, i wil be dead by then, how can they do ths to me ????pls pls i beg

Nikkistarr @ 03/30/2011 at 10:34 am

I think in season 2 Karen and her mother are going to be pregnant by Frank, Remember the mom stopped taking her birth control.

Im glad Fiona stayed.

Nikkistarr @ 03/30/2011 at 10:35 am

I think in season 2, Karen & her mom are going to pregnant by Frank.

Cant wait for season 2

Shameless rocks! I’ve enjoyed the entire first season on Showtime. I even think it’s better than the original British version.

what was the name of the group that did that song during the last part – sounded a bit like CAKE – cant seem to find a reference ?

Love Shameless!!!!!! I’m so glad Fiona stayed! Lip pissing on Frank was priceless an well deserved! I wouldn’t go back to a girl who screwed my father. Cant wait to see what next season brings. This is yet another Showtime series I cant wait to see more of!!!

Conrad (R. Pullum @ 05/03/2011 at 11:02 am

just watched finale on demand. Fiona, glad you didn’t leave your sis and young sibs.

shameless fan @ 05/11/2011 at 4:25 am

I LOVE shameless i wanted fiona to go with steve/jimmy though. i can’t wait to see what happens in season two. Karen needs to chill out i know what her dad was horrible but c’mon she was a bit of a *****.