Felix Handelman: Elizabeth Banks' Newborn Son!

Felix Handelman: Elizabeth Banks' Newborn Son!

Elizabeth Banks is a mom!!

The 37-year-old actress and her husband, Max Handelman, welcomed Felix, a son, into their family via a surrogate, she announced today on her blog.

“The one true hurdle I’ve faced in life is that I have a broken belly. After years of trying to get pregnant, exploring the range of fertility treatments, all unsuccessful, our journey led us to gestational surrogacy: we make a ‘baby cake’ and bake it in another woman’s ‘oven,’ Elizabeth explained. “From that came two miracles. The first was meeting our carrier and her husband who were truly humbling in their decency and generosity. And the second miracle was the birth of our baby boy.”

Felix means “happy” and “lucky” in Latin, and Elizabeth says he definitely fits his name!

Congratulations to the happy couple!!

Credit: Kevin Winter; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Celebrity Babies, Elizabeth Banks, Max Handelman

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Ed Westwood @ 03/30/2011 at 4:34 pm

Elizabeth Banks is so beautiful and sensual. This incredibly gorgeous and curvaceous young woman is pure American perfection.

Elisha Gale @ 03/30/2011 at 4:39 pm

Woooo! I’m so excited for her!
Being a new mother myself definitely makes me feel so much sexier than ever before. There’s a certain responsibility that I carry being a mom that makes me feel very confident and so blessed. Being a mom is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

congrats! so happy for her!

and what a cool name!

Kate Turner @ 03/30/2011 at 4:43 pm

Love Elizabeth Banks!! She deserves to be so happy and have lots of babies. Really lovely girl.
I turn 30 next week which I’m excited about and I see it as an achievement that I’ve got to this age without getting married and having children. Not that I’ve got anything against either, but I have been with so many guys who have said “You’re mine. Let’s get married and have kids” and I have always said no because I have always wanted my independence and my own life. This year hasn’t been easy, but now that I’m in a good place with having a great job and a toyboy and I’ve never been in better shape, I am looking forward to giving all that up. I wasn’t in a relationship that fulfilled me until now and what I did in the past was selfish. I take responsibility for everything I’ve done. I hate that people got hurt. But I don’t regret the outcome – a committed relationship with my toyboy. I’d love to have children in the next couple of years because the result is so worth it and my toyboy adores them. He is only 22, but I am really surprised by his maturity. But he’s got his career and things are going well, so I wouldn’t want to put him under any pressure. I don’t feel the clock ticking. If it happens, it happens. It’s a whole new world.

Carla Germanotta @ 03/30/2011 at 4:44 pm

I am sure they will be great parents. I’m so happy for Elizabeth. She must be over the moon!
So far, unfortunately, I’ve been dealing with men with no backbone, who make promises they cannot keep. A lot of men don’t know how to handle a strong woman. I am a 34 year old divorced woman with a young daughter and it would be nice to have a son as well. We’ll see. I’m dying to have a baby. I’d like two. In fact, my biological clock is already ticking and I don’t know how to describe it. It’s just becoming a physical need now. I just really want a baby! I want to reproduce so bad! It’s less an intellectual decision than a physical calling. My body feels like it’s asking to reproduce, to have a huge belly and carry babies.

Wohooo!! Congratulations, Elizabeth! Best of luck on your new role as a mother!
She has an amazing figure. I just love her curves. She’s so shapely. She’s a great example to real women around the country. She proves that curves really are sexy! I’m not skinny, I’m curvy, but I think that’s the best way to be. Womanly. It’s sexy!
I’ve always wondered why she has not ever talked about having children in the past despite being married since 2003 to her husband who she has been with since 1992.

I didn’t even know she was pregnant…

Denise Cavallari @ 03/30/2011 at 5:01 pm

Congrats to them both! Wonderful news!
After all that they have been through over the years, this is terrific.
I highly recommend having children – it felt like exactly what my body was supposed to do at that point. More than anything else ever, it just felt physically right being pregnant. My friends without kids say, ‘Oh I don’t know how you do it, getting so tired.’ And I just think, ‘I don’t know how they don’t do it.’

@jamie:
clearly someone didn’t read the story haha

Wow! Congrats to her!!

A perfect statement and what a lovely thing to say about the Surrogates.! Congratulations!

jessemosslover @ 03/30/2011 at 6:20 pm

Can someone please explain this? Is the baby biologically theirs ( his sperm, her egg but another woman carried it)?

CONGRATULATIONS to them!!!!

@jessemosslover:

When it is a gestational surrogacy (like Kidman too)–it means the baby is carried in another’s womb. It is the product of his and her sperm vs. a surrogate which usually is the surrogate’s egg and the male’s sperm.

This is such nice news. It’s a wonderful thing for another woman to do to help them have their child. I’m very happy for them.

jessemosslover @ 03/30/2011 at 8:51 pm

@toria: Thank you :)

Beautiful name – a little unusual without being stupid (Bronx Wentz anyone?). Congrats to Elizabeth and Max.

Serena Valance @ 03/31/2011 at 8:51 am

Seriously, the picture you chose to show, is her at the premiere of Surrogates (2009)? Oh, Jared, the cheap irony is not lost on me.