Ben Affleck Joining 'The Great Gatsby'?

Ben Affleck Joining 'The Great Gatsby'?

Looks like Ben Affleck is in talks to play the role of Tom Buchanan in the movie adaptation of The Great Gatsby!

The 38-year-old actor will join the movie depending on the involvement with his latest film, Argo, reports Deadline.

Already confirmed to be staring in the film is Leonardo DiCaprio, who will play Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire, who’s expected to play his friend Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan who will be playing Daisy Buchanan.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Ben Affleck as Tom Buchanan?

Credit: Alberto E. Rodriguez, Jemal Countess; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Ben Affleck, Carey Mulligan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Paris Milton @ 04/08/2011 at 3:57 am

Leo is handsome talented and best acter ever :D

Critical thinker @ 04/08/2011 at 4:13 am

Great choice, well the whole team of actors are great choices.

Whoa Ben will make Leo & Toby seem like shorties …let’s see if Ben can keep it in his pants this time ;)

Horrible. Why even bother with this film?? Baz can’t direct, Leo can act but is not right for Gatsby, Toby and Carey and just TERRIBLE miscasts, HORRENDUS. Has anybody involved in the casting even read the book??

I love the addition of Ben Affleck. Just wish he was playing Jay Gatsby instead. I can’t stand the thought of Baby Face ruining one of my favorite characters of all time. It’s going to be awfully hard to believe Daisy leaves Tom for this Jay.

I think this movie keeps getting better!!!!!!!!!

Britanny Marsden @ 04/08/2011 at 4:41 am

I hope that Leonardo DiCaprio drops out of many of the following other projects as it is difficult to follow with so many:
The Devil in the White City
In Dark Woods
Brave New World
Cache
Untitled Michael Mann/1930s Noir Project
The Chancellor Manuscript
The Low Dweller

Actually…he’s surprisingly perfect for Tom. Never thought about casting him (I do still like the idea of Bradley Cooper, as well). I think ALL of the casting is spot on for this, especially Carey! And Leo is GORGEOUS, I certainly see why someone would leave their husband for him. (But remember, Daisy by book’s end stays with Tom—she doesn’t actually leave him). Now who for Jordan??

Arnold Stallone @ 04/08/2011 at 6:07 am

Random Marvel connection – Spider-Man and Daredevil together on screen.

HORRIBLE CHOICE! He is a very bad actor…. quite arrogant and no talent at all. Yuck!

I hope it’s better than the book. The book isn’t really that bad but if you know the book, you probably won’t see this movie!!! it’s really like that.

@Paris Milton: I hope Ben Affleck’s acting career is relaunched. He has done some great films in his time and should receive some sort of recognition for his work as an actor. He is an underrated actor. So, I hope that from now on he does more movies, more leading roles, tries to reach his full potential as an actor and tries to win an Oscar.

i suscribe EVERY WORD of Paris Milton’s post. It woold be a great idea to see Ben and Leo in the same movie!

I cannot agree to their proposal.

I hope Leonardo

omg – what a horrible cast for this movie! and the suggestion above of bradley cooper – bahahha. he is good for movies like the hangover and such.

Gatsby-Daisy @ 04/08/2011 at 9:28 am

__$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$$$$$$
___$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$$$
___$$$$$$$$$______$$$$$
___$$$$$$$$$_______$$$$$
__$$$$$$$$$_________$$$$$
_$$$$$$$$$$_________$$$$$

Tha´t’s a great idea, but I prefer to Ben in the role of Gatsby.

Jessica Rabbit @ 04/08/2011 at 9:46 am

@Paris Milton:

While I agree with you, Ben already has an Oscar!

The casting for this movie isn’t great at all. Carey is about the only good choice

Wow! Great cast. The fact that they’re filming it in 3D is a complete turn off though.

@Britanny Marsden:

wow thats a lot of movies..so is he going to work 24 hours for 3 years???

@Jessica Rabbit:

true Ben already has an oscar. I would vote for Ben to be Gabsy.. it is a better match.. I woul dinvite anyone anyone to read that book. it is very intense and very well written.

carey looks like sad rabbit, miscast for daisy.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All