Pia Toscano: Record Label Visit Following 'Idol' Elimination!

Pia Toscano: Record Label Visit Following 'Idol' Elimination!

Pia Toscano is all smiles as she heads into the Warner Music Group/Elektra Records building on Friday (April 8) in Los Angeles.

The 22-year-old singer was reportedly visiting a record label after being voted off American Idol the night before in one of the most shocking sendoffs in the show’s history.

Pia had been one of the season’s frontrunners and got positive feedback for her performance of “River Depp, Mountain High” earlier in the week.

Celebrities have been sounding off about the elimination on Twitter, with Tom Hanks, Ashton Kutcher, Alyssa Milano, and former Idol contestant Jennifer Hudson and more giving Pia their support.

Follow Pia and Just Jared on Twitter at @PToscanoAI10 and @JustJared!

pia toscano post american idol exit 01
pia toscano post american idol exit 02
pia toscano post american idol exit 03
pia toscano post american idol exit 04
pia toscano post american idol exit 05
pia toscano post american idol exit 06

Ethan Miller/Getty

She’s an amazing singer! I am so shocked she was eliminated! :O

she was actually my favorite to win it all!

she has the best voice of all contestants. the guy with the big ears needs to go the hell out of the competition. man, he sucks

Thank goodness. This girl needs a record deal ASAP!!! This’ll probably be better than her winning american idol anyways (The winner can sometimes get screwed being force to sign a deal with American idol) GO PIA!!!!!

The USA is so weird.

She is AMAZING.

RT @tomhanks Don’t have an IDOL habit, but how could the USA vote Pia off? I may be done for the season! HANX

RT @aplusk Who are the people that vote on American idol? That’s just crazy! That Pia girl is dope! #almostcriminal

RT @daxshepard1 This did not just happen!!! How??? I’m going to do something radical. I love you Pia!

RT @BetteMidler They dumped Pia!! How did that happen?? Taking up a collection for Iggy to buy a shirt…

RT @Alyssa_Milano What in the world? Pia? Pia was sent home? How is that possible? I’m so confused. #AmericanIdol

RT @RyanSeacrest Can’t get over last night’s #AmericanIdol! So bizarre. After I read the results I thought to myself, ‘did I get that right?’

The people who are eliminated early usually do well. I think she will be fine personally :)

I can’t believe America, how can you not keep a voice like this!

london2ibiza @ 04/08/2011 at 3:38 pm

she has the most twitter followers now
if that’s any consolation…..

SHE IS AMAZING and HOT!

SAVEPIA dot COM

Sign the petition to get Pia Toscano reinstated on American Idol!

Not surprised at all. She wasn’t my favorite. She’s a beautiful girl..great voice but little stage present. I didn’t find she was very entertaining. I want to see more sass and personality in the idol contestants.I thought of her as more of a beauty pageant contestant. Now lauren and haley have that piss and vinegar attitude I love to see. I also like casey abrams and scotty.

@craig:

I couldnt agree more she is very pretty and her voice …wow

I thought she was gonna win.

at least she looks happy :D

I see America doesn’t like talented, attractive females..

sexy shoes! & beautiful summery top
i agree with jhud as long as she has her voice
she will go places, i hope so

@tweets: I bet none of them voted for her.

I would have voted but I live outside the U.S

she was voted off because it was a clear case of people thinking she was such a clear winner/front runner that they simply didn’t vote. they voted more for their 2nd or 3rd favorites w/ pity votes instead. (I am even guilty of this as well so I know other ppl do it too) Even Randy said the same thing….her fans thought she was safe and didt vote. Pia was the best vocalist BY FAR. Lord knows why Jacob,Scotty,Paul one trick ponies are still there and Pia one of the best singers on this lame show was voted off. Pia was the clear favorite on every news blog,facebook,twitter,gossip show etc…I even watched the repeat of Extra today from last night before the results and Mario Lopez was interviewing people who they think will win and everyone said PIA! literally every single response was Pia, lol. something is SO WRONG!

They can’t sign with anyone until 18 months, or something

Fangirls vote.

If you’re not a generic, white MALE, chances are you won’t win.

@Jermaine: have you seen the little jealous girls on justjared bashing the attractive females all the time but saying the less than attractive ones are pretty? lol… I think they are clearly jealous of Pia because she has talent and looks.

mariahlove @ 04/08/2011 at 3:49 pm

to me she is 10millionX better than carrie underwood (who i love!) & co.

so sad to see her leave. she is destined to be star
i think something greater awaits her.

Talented beauty! Girl sang her face off every week!

I hope a good label signs her.

I can’t believe Jacob who will never have a career outside of a church is still there….or Paul who makes my ears BLEED and can’t hold a note or Scotty who can’t do nothing but boring country..are still there yet PIA is gone? WOW…

Pia was getting boring singing only ballads but um what does jacob and scotty do? they ain’t showing NO versatility either yet the pretty one with the best vocals goes. I am done with this show. LAME

she was the only one i really liked this year. paul is cute but i hate his performance style. i was a fan of haley until last night where she smiled at the results wtf.

@Jermaine: I love this comment. It’s so damn true.

The girls like Scotty one country note Mccreedy , james big ears and sucky voice durbin, Stefano boy bander, and paul wannabe Rod stewart more than they liked Pia. lol

That dress color is v. flattering with her skin tone :)

American Idol has never been about quality, it’s about popularity.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 04/08/2011 at 4:02 pm

…Yea, it’s pretty unanimous that she’s gorgeous with a really good (great?) voice.
…she was one of the hottest contestants ever on the show, and vocally probably the best singer on this season.
…she’ll be signed in no time.

piawasthebest @ 04/08/2011 at 4:04 pm

Yeah I agree the fangirls have taken over the show and the people who once liked the show have moved on. Pity but no surprise. fangirls like a kid called Beiber…..

I thought it was going to be Pia,Casey and Haley. To me they are the best singers in the comp. I like Haley but vocally she is NOT better than Pia. She growls too much.

Don’t fret, I bet Pia will go on to have the biggest and better career than all of them! She is the whole package. She could easily have a career as big as Carrie Underwood.

This is probably the biggest AI shocker EVER no? I can’ even remember a results show this shocking. Usually the lowest talented singers always leave pretty early. Maybe when Chris Daughtry left but even he at least lasted way longer.

I bet the judges will never use a “save” that early again…

While I think Pia is an AMAZING vocalist (in all honesty, the best vocalist on Idol this season), she is not an amazing performer. I completely agree with the overwhelming number of comments stating that Pia was voted off too early and that should not have gone home last night, I believe she failed to get votes because America could not get past her robotic moves and her inability to “connect” with the audience and not because she’s an attractive female.

That said, I think Pia has an extremely bright future and I wish her the best of luck in her artistic ventures.

I think connection is important too but that being said; this is a singing comp at the end of the day and come on, her voice was impeccable!
I always pick a favorite by who ever can give me chills (I dont get chills easily) and Pia has been the only one to do so this year, so I do think she connected to the people if she could give me chills.

Her fans thought she was safe so didn’t vote. That’s all this is. they got a little “arrogant” too early.

This is great news & I sense only the start of things to come for Pia. She’s got it all – Beauty, style, talent, charm, personality, & most of all, that INCREDIBLE voice! This isn’t the last we’ve heard of Pia, not by a long shot. Still in shock from her elimination last night on Idol, America got this one WAY wrong.

Notice how the bottom 3 consisted of 2 Italians and a black guy.

Whilst all the white people were safe, regardless of talent.

All those celebrities complaining that Pia got vote off.. did THEY VOTE? I bet not.

Done with American Ido. PIA was the best. Could the judges or the main man/owner can save her of course……..

Well, PI cheer up you the best anyway

i was so sad
i cried with her

I agree @J.Taylor: the CELEBS complaining like …. any way she did not deserve to go home his show is rigged. they obviously know she was going to be eliminated they could of just did something more reasonable since we know these future teeny bloopers voting don’t know ****, i mean who ever type the american idol name Pia in that envelope is downright wrong.

When I first saw these pics of Pia, I thought she was one of the Kardashians or worse…Rachel Bilson. Pia has an amazing talent, but I hope she changes her looks if she doesn’t want to get mistaken for the talentless Bilson, the mother of all famewh0res!

PureTalent @ 04/08/2011 at 5:18 pm

The only thing you can do now to support her (petitions are all fine and dandy too) but the best thing would be to stop watching and let them see the ratings slide. All Pia fans please don’t watch the show anymore.

AMENSISTER @ 04/08/2011 at 5:21 pm

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Apparently when someone is that good and for sure that beautiful, viewers get complacent figuring she can never get voted off.

Now only one of the best this whole season but probably one of the best I have ever heard on that whole entire show ever!!!!! WOW still in shock.

I agree with Sara. Pia has an AMAZING voice. Just impeccable. However, she has the personality of a cardboard box and very mechanical in her performance. She is not in the same league as Daughtery or Hudson because they have CHARISMA on stage, which she lacks. Watching her perform on stage, is like waiting for paint to dry.

I do agree that she was eliminated too soon. I was thinking maybe top 5, but I never thought she would win. Nah… She has to improve on her stage presence.

her getting eliminated will be the BEST thing to ever happen to her. this season is without a doubt the worst season in its history with the awful new judges and the competition. good riddance to her on that stupid show…she’s well on her way to a stellar career…go pia!!!

i was watching idol every week just to hear PIA SING!!!! now there is no point in watching……she is destined to be a STAR!!! i don’t get how this happened…….the show is ruined now…really…..let’s get her back!!!! and they wated the ONE SAVE on that curly haired guy that is not good…….awful…….

U WILL BE MISSED PIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR VOICE IS GOLDEN..AS ARE U……..

I honestly have no idea why everyone found this shocking. Yes, she had a good voice, as many others did, she was completely generic and boring.

Shocking? Um, no. Actually even though I would never buy his album the only one there with any real talent is Scotty.

gorillita @ 04/08/2011 at 6:57 pm

I don’t like it that someone can lose and then be in talks for a record contract the next day. I realize it’s the reason just making the top 10 is important, but what’s the point if the loser can get contracts before the winners are even chosen. I think Pia had a lovely voice, but I did not want her to win, nor did I vote for her. She’s too “formal.” The judges suggested she move around more, and she didn’t listen. Even on rock-n-roll night. She sang a Tina Turner song, but Tina would have strutted to that tune. Pia walked around, but she did not rock out. She might be better in serious musicals or light opera. I also thought the judges obvious dismay about her loss was a bit rude and inconsiderate of Stefano. Since there were the two of them standing there, being angry she lost means they wished he would have lost instead.

gorillita @ 04/08/2011 at 6:59 pm

@malena: Exactly! I couldn’t agree more.

Yes, besides for being beautiful she had the most amazing voice ever! I’ve never been more disappointed about a show in my life! Pia Toscano, Im sure you’re going to be VERY successful , I just wish she didn’t loose so soon in the season. I wanted to see more of her performances and see how she learns and grows as an artist. Even if she lost towards that end, wouldn’t be as disappointing :(! Anyway who wants to be American Idol? Runner Up and those who loose are normally more successful! (Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert, David Aruchletta.)

Can’t Wait until your the NEXT big thing! GOOD LUCK!

It’s “River Deep, Mountain High” not “River Depp”. Though I’m sure Johnny is flattered.

@mariahlove: PIA IS ALREADY A SUPERSTAR…. BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO HER , SO SHE IS FREE TO FLY.. GOD KNOWS THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR THIS WONDERFUL, BEAUTY SUCH A TALENTED SOUL…

SHE IS INSPIRING AND GIFTED. GOD, NO DOUBT HAS INCREDIBLE PLANS FOR HER. I WOULD BUY HER CD TODAY!

I was so devastated when Pia left she was incredible same with Thia I loved them both, good to see her at a recording company she has such an amazing talent love her.

pia rocks @ 04/08/2011 at 8:39 pm

After this tragedy..Not will be watching AI..This country has so many idiots…ITs amazing!!

That’s not necessarily true. Crystal Bowersox of last season came in second, but she signed right away and her album came out in the fall. Pia can sign whenever. I do think it is a little early for her to sign, but it gives me hope that she will be ok!

with her looks and talent she will be more than ok. Its not all about the performing. I mean yeah that is a plus but it can be worked on. Im sure she was nervous and that can be easily out grown. Personally I’d rather listen to someone who was an impeccable vocalist than some crazy performer with a mediocre voice, but that’s just me. I mean usually I think people should not touch a Whitney/Celine/Mariah vibe but she really did. Mega impressed and even more mega shocked she’s gone…I guess people care too much about the “show” than the talent anymore these days…thats why all the greatest artists are from the past and today is nothing but manufactured clones. *YAWN*

Mari Guerra @ 04/08/2011 at 9:33 pm

uh I love her!!!

I can’t believe she is gone! One of the bests too

Funny how her fans adored her and they blame the whole America for her early departure. Was it a justified blame?

First, I didn’t find her special and therefore, she does not deserve to be called a frontrunner.

So was I shocked? How can I when I have predicted the Bottom 3 perfectly.

If she is that good as some claim, I am awaiting to see how she sells. For one thing, I know of a lot of people who are not buying.

And the real funny thing is the disgusting attitude of some of her fans. Are they being real?

I happen to believe that some of them are just here pretending to be fans. My fingers all crossed!

Poor thing. I thought she was a Kockroachian for a minute. The one whose father was the milkman. Khloe.

To everyone who commented about her stage presence needs to get a life. I’d rather listen to someone who is boring with a beautiful voice than someone who jumps all over the stage and can’t sing.

Honestly, Pia does not need AI. AI was more of a starting point for her, she will absolutely do fine on her own! She’s beautiful, and talented!

It’s sad that she’s no longer on the show, however this could be the best thing for her. I’m sure that she will get a record deal and continue to perform.
95% of the American Idol winner’s haven’t been able to carve a name/image.

looks fat, maybe thats why they vote her from the show?

why we should care there are so much better female singers with voice and personality

tweens voting @ 04/09/2011 at 9:48 am

This is what happens when little “tweens” vote and vote and all their little girl friends.. and the teen girls with dumb crushes on the boys, they aren’t even noting ‘talent’…no wonder there’s only 2 girls left. AM’s become a joke, when you see now with the ‘texting’ voting and what not. Pia was the best, and looks to boot!
And the judges wasted a “Save” WAY too early on Casey!

River Deep @ 04/09/2011 at 9:51 am

When she sang “River deep Mountain High”, I was floored! As good as Tina Turner! and she’s eliminated? ha! Shows whos’ voting!
Too many Teenage girls, that’s what, who are only looking at boys!
Well, she’ll be another Jennifer Hudson. I never purchased a CD from any AM winner/loser, but I will with her. She’s already on Itunes, so she’ll make plenty of money which she deserves. She also has that very sweet personality going, which I also like.

BEAUTIFUL ITALIAN SINGER IS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THAT COSMETIC SURGERY JUNKY JLO WHO ISN’T FIT TO JUDGE PIA’S SINGING IN THE LEAST.

she has great vocal talent, but there is something I can’t place my finger on that I didn’t like. I felt that she was almost fake and stand offish, like she just knows because she is pretty and talented so she deserved it. Also, she is a one trick pony all she can do is ballads she turned that last “uptempo” by freakin tina turner into another ballad there was no energy, just walking the stage her presence is weak, and idol is a set up anyway because the talented people always lose out since after about the 6,7 season its been going on. They probably rigged it so she could hurry and move on with her deal!

Seriously ridiculous how she got voted off. I mean really? She is the ONLY one with STAR quality written all over her. Gorgeous, great body, amazing voice, all of it. Now the show returned to the lame ass it was last season…just a bunch of hillbillies with nice voices.

I am feeling better seeing her happy as well,AI big loss not yours Pia,YOU ARE AND WERE EVERY WEEK AWESOME!!

@tweens voting</@:): Well said,will not watch the rest of the overkilling wannabe idols!!

@me2: ME 2,,,,,,You are so right about them wasting their save on the goofball they did,The judges were just so sure that Pia would smoke everyone on her own,AND SHE DID!! AMER.IDOL SUCKS!!

Was i shocked because she was so beautiful?YES!!But in past seasons their were other females who were nice looking,but lacked singing skills so you were bummed but not SHOCKED!!Pia was the total pkg.beauty,voice,charm,etc.And look out all female artists!!!Your fellow top diva is on her way to stardom!!

you will need to let teens run on stage,and blow up their parents phones now amer.idol because your millions of votes every week,will diminish greatly,because half or more of them belonged to,or went to Pia!!