Catherine Zeta-Jones Checks In to Mental Health Facility

Catherine Zeta-Jones Checks In to Mental Health Facility

Catherine Zeta-Jones has checked in to a mental health facility.

“After dealing with the stress of the past year, Catherine made the decision to check in to a mental health facility for a brief stay to treat her Bipolar II Disorder,” a rep for the actress told JustJared.com in a statement. “She’s feeling great and looking forward to starting work this week on her two upcoming films.”

Our thoughts go out to Catherine as she takes care of herself after a stressful year as her husband, Michael Douglas, successfully fought cancer.

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

Never saw this one coming.

Jack Easton @ 04/13/2011 at 2:16 pm

I hope she’s okay.

Well, good for her. Hope she takes some time off and not rush to do two movies this year.

Why did she feel the need to release a statement. No one knew and no one cares.

I support her 100%. Get well Catherine!!!

This is the second WTH news of the week, after Kim/Benicio baby news… but good luck to her.

Oh, hope she get’s better, dealing with cancer can be very stressful to the whole family.

AMENSISTER @ 04/13/2011 at 2:21 pm

Bet the EX-Wife lawsuit against Michael didnt help. Poor Cath, it never rains but it pours. keep ur head up girl

God Bless you Catherine..

I wish her the best. I’m sure she is very stressed.

yaaasssss @ 04/13/2011 at 2:38 pm

wtf?! CZJ done lost her mind? o.O

I'm from Vietnam @ 04/13/2011 at 2:38 pm

I’m bipolar too :(

Never saw this coming either. My husband’s sister is Bi-Polar and let me tell you BPs are NOT easy to live with, they are way up and way down, can be needy and unfocused and the moods and behaviors are pretty extreme (good luck to Michael and their kids, not easy on a family).

anonymous @ 04/13/2011 at 2:44 pm

I here I thought she was just a moody *****.

sounds bad but bipolar is more common than you think……
its just glorified mood swings.

@laab

I’m guessing she released a statement because someone in the media found out about it, and instead of it being splashed on the front pages of some tabloid, she released a statement to control the situation. Sure she would have rather kept it quiet.

All that best Catherine.

Shame i never would of guessed it. I hope that she is ok.

I thought she was just high maintenance. I had no idea she was bipolar

I'm from Vietnam @ 04/13/2011 at 2:54 pm

HA HA HA HAHAHA HA HA HA HAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

This is exactly the way to handle a mental condition. It is to be treated the very same way a physical condition would be treated, with not the least bit of shame or reluctance to share.
We were all privy to her very public crisis and now she shares that she needs help so it doesn’t get the better of her. I have an admiration for anyone who admits they are human and vulnerable and unashamed to say “I need help”. Hang tough honey, this is a courageous move.

Does she really have a bipolar disorder? Can you just get it just like that? I am sorry but I really don’t know… I thought bipolar disorder is something that gets diagnosed fairly early in one’s life…

I would like to suggest to read some good books about bipolar disorder instead of posting such nonsense.

I’m very glad she revealed her illness. I have bipolar disorder, and it would be nice if this stigma against mental illness could be lifted. We should be able to talk about mental illness without being called freaks or crazy. To add to some of the comments above: bipolar II is a milder form of the disease. From my personal experience, I take my medication, and am fine. No mood swings, no erratic behavior. If any of that were happening, it would be a manic episode, and I would need to get my medication adjusted. I know it would hellish to live with someone who was undiagnosed or unmedicated, though. I found out my diagnosis after a severe manic episode.

I’m glad she went in for treatment, and even more impressed she revealed her illness. I’ve gained new respect for Catherine.

actually I was diagnosed with bipolar 6 years ago, I’m 35 but since HS I suspected something was wrong. I was moody and withdrawned. I’m on meds and suffer from insomnia….additional stress makes things difficult

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All