Gwyneth Paltrow Covers 'Self' May 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow Covers 'Self' May 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow shows off her bikini bod in Anika Brazil swimsuit on the cover of Self magazine’s May 2011 issue.

Here’s what the 38-year-old actress, who rocked J Brand “Rio” shorts in Leon on the cover, had to share:

On being in the best shape of her life: “I never thought that I’d be considered to have a good body. I was bony up top and kind of dumpy on the bottom. But my trainer, Tracy Anderson, completely changed my legs, butt, arms and stomach. I feel better than ever, too.”

On making her workouts more intense: “If I’m prepping for something or I’ve been eating a lot of pie, I do two hours a day, six days a week for two weeks.”

On her inspiration: “I go with my instincts. We’re capable of pushing ourselves and doing whatever we want to do. You live one time, so be your best self.”

On making time for herself: “Taking care of yourself is being there for your kids, like how on a plane, they tell you to put on your oxygen mask first.”

For more from Gwyn, visit Self.com!

gwyneth paltrow bikini self may 2011 01
gwyneth paltrow bikini self may 2011 02

Rebecca Honey @ 04/14/2011 at 10:52 am

Gwyneth Paltrow has an amazing figure. I just love her curves. She’s so shapely. She’s a great example to women around the country. She proves that curves really are sexy! I’m not skinny, I’m curvy, but I think that’s the best way to be. Womanly. It’s sexy!

Oh, I hate working out! But I also know that at my age – I’m in my early 30s – I have to do it to maintain my figure. When I can, I try to do Latin dancing for exercise because it’s so much fun and I just love the music. Two hours before I go to the gym, I’m already wishing it was over. And then, of course, once I’m done, I’m really glad I did it because I feel so good.

Isn’t it about time she had another child? You would think she wants to but she doesn’t seem interested.

This woman sucks so bad. It hurts.

She is Fantastic….

that Chris is a lucky guy

She’s a member of the IBTC too. Cool.

Nice photoshop.

Farmer Ted @ 04/14/2011 at 11:06 am

Great legs. Shame about the horse face

Farmer Ted @ 04/14/2011 at 11:07 am

Great legs Shame about the horse face

LadeeTudor1*9 @ 04/14/2011 at 11:09 am

JJ needs to monitor this web site and comments more. It has turned into something of a freak show with repeatitive posts tha scream fake.

There are far too many people posting what appears to be ads and or web site opinions by pasting. The first line will comment on picture ..then the rest is suspect.

Annoying.

No Vogue cover this time?
I guess Gwynnie realized she needed to expand her horizons to sell that cookbook.

@Rebecca Honey: Is that bot? I’ve seen this person post the same remark in every thread.

Do they really think Paltrow looks curvy? She looks like a stringbean to me.

i cant even begin about this woman.
shut up.
go away.
for the sake of the world.

Lindsay's Tatas @ 04/14/2011 at 11:14 am

Yep, they really retouched her.
She looked hot fried ass at the Shine On event.

Gwyneth’s been looking really botoxed recently. Did they photo shop an old photo of her head onto her body? Her looks much longer in those photos too.

sparkly sequins @ 04/14/2011 at 11:24 am

GP looks great. But seriously, how does any working woman find 2 hrs to work out between jobs, family, and other responsibilities (without the aid of hired hands)?
So good for you, Ms. Paltrow, for this lifestyle you’ve championed. But it is rather unattainable for anyone under a certain tax bracket.

I think she’s just tall and skinny. Working out probably helps but genetics probably plays a strong part in her being thin.

Noo one

A
L
O
U
S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUCK….CAN’T BELIEVE THIS PLAIN JANE IS BLYTHE DANNER’S DAUGHTER.

YUCK….CAN’T BELIEVE THIS PLAIN JANE IS BLYTHE DANNER’S DAUGHTER

She’s a complete idiot and needs to shut her mouth.

SHE NEEDS HER BEAUTIFUL MOM TO GIVE HER A MAKEOVER.

@fool: You’re looking at the magic of airbrushing. Just take a look at how she looks in her candids. That’s what Gwyneth really looks like. Her waist is quite boxy and they gave her some definition here. She almost looks freakishly proportioned it’s so obviously digitally modified.

And of course a good air brushing can get rid of bad, botoxed skin as evidenced by these pics.

@Gen Y:

ITA. She is NOT curvy. It’s the way she’s standing in picture that makes her look curvy.

commonsense @ 04/14/2011 at 11:55 am

Her false modesty really irks me. Never in her life did Gwyneth Paltrow think she was dumpy! NEVER.

@issie:

OMG! You hit it right on the head. I have a friend who can eat anyone under the table and she weights the same as she weighed in High School. She has three kids, and is even a grandmother now, and she’s still thin as a rail. She eats a full breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between and ends it with ice cream before she goes to bed. Her daughter is the same way. I get full just watching her eat. LOL! So unfair! HA!

In The Know @ 04/14/2011 at 12:24 pm

@LadeeTudor1*9:

Darling this website is in the business of clicks………..its all about the Benjamins, advertising show, and posting threads that will elicit controversy and more clicks.

Paltrow is certainly a beautiful woman but those shots are very seriously “Shopped”………..”Reality must take precedence over public relations for nature cannot be fooled” Feynman…………except in Hollywood/at the grocery checkout, and on celebutoid sites, and “Reality shows” that are in the business of non-reality.

Her quotes don’t make sense; how is making time for yourself looking out for your kids? Is she on crack?

Wow killer legs I wish mine were like that!!

fat GAY queenie @ 04/14/2011 at 3:02 pm

She is so full of shiiittt!

She’s obviously overcompensating for being a nepotistic parasite.

yeah, i think most people would be skinny if they had the luxury of working out almost everyday and ate twigs…anyone else find it ironic that she has a cookbook when the tracy anderson method calls for green tea and uh, green tea?

With Goopy, it’s always the substance of what she says that is a problem, it’s the delivery. I think she comes across more elitist than she intends.

She may be a pretentious attention *****, but damn is she a hot pretentious attention *****.