Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed: Dating!

Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed: Dating!

American Idol‘s Paul McDonald and Twilight actress Nikki Reed are officially dating!

“Yes, me and Nikki are dating. It’s officially true,” Paul told E! “She’s super cool. She’s super smart so I’m happy with it. We’ve been hanging out here and there. We’re both pretty busy, but it been fun so far.”

Paul said that Nikki is not bummed that he was voted off American Idol last night.

“She is actually pumped,” he told People. “She said, ‘Dude, you finally get to do your thing and be yourself and be the artist you are.’ She is happy about the whole situation. She has been nothing but cool to me.”

Paul, 26, and Nikki, 22, first met at the premiere of Red Riding Hood last month.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Paul McDonald and Nikki Reed as a couple?

Credit: Kevin Winter, Jason Merritt; Photos: Getty
Posted to: American Idol, Nikki Reed, Paul McDonald, Twilight

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
speaktruth @ 04/15/2011 at 3:13 pm

Love love LOVE each of them individually and even more as a couple! I’m super bummed Paul was eliminated. He definitely should still be in there!

Get it Paul. And Nikki for that matter.

TwilightFan @ 04/15/2011 at 3:21 pm

Can’t really see them together..She is so gorgeous,I love her!!

TwilightFan @ 04/15/2011 at 3:21 pm

Can’t really see them together..She is so gorgeous,I love her!! She should be with Kellan!!

WHY NIKKI?

yeahwhateverlulz @ 04/15/2011 at 3:25 pm

Is this the first time an American Idol contestant starts dating a celebrity this early on in the show? not that Nikki is that famous but she is in Twilight, one of the biggest movie franchises right now.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 04/15/2011 at 3:28 pm

…He seems a bit to happy to be throwing that out there. Dude sounds like he’s lying, or at least hyping it a bit. She must have some type of mental issues cause this dude is horribleee.

Does he want to say SUPER anymore?

lovelydee @ 04/15/2011 at 3:43 pm

Aww, that’s cute.
He has really nice teeth.

his voice made my ears bleed. he should have been gone long ago

Paul was my favorite on Idol this year. He’s so uniquely talented!
Him and Nikki make a very attractive couple, I must say! I like them together, but I have a feeling she’s gonna dump him so fast.

Whoever that guy is he looks like a real tool.

SUCH a cute couple, omg i love them! <3

She is so desperate.

She’s a bit out of his league, but hey… Good for him. I just don’t see how this is going to work unless he moves to LA.

retrobanana @ 04/15/2011 at 5:07 pm

nooooo….paul has the best smile…he could do anything with that smile land any lady he wanted! Yeah he does seem to be flaunting it…but he doen’t seem the type of guy that would be like that so I am sure its just coming out wrong…i am really looking forward to him writing his own music and getting himself out there in his own way and not through a comercialized AI type of way…..happy for him but would rather see him with me:)

i could tell they were gonna get together after the clips from the red riding hood premiere was on american idol.

Yeah, I don’t really feel him. First Joe Jonas and now him? She could do a lot better.

Jessica Rabbit @ 04/15/2011 at 7:11 pm

Wasn’t she dating Paris Hilton’s billionaire fiance? Is it just me or does it seem that this loser loves to name drop her name. Kind of weird, if you ask me.

nikki’s comments about paul’s elimination are spot-on. paul does need to do his own thing. i’ve loved watching him perform every week, but i love his original music, with his band the grand magnolias, even more. congrats to paul on getting a great girl, having a blast on idol, and his band doing so well on itunes. nice to see a sweet, chill guy have so much going his way.

cattymuch @ 04/15/2011 at 7:19 pm

@Jessica Rabbit: seriously? he was on a conference call with a lot of reporters today for his exit interview from idol, and of course they asked about nikki. and all the sites are reporting the same comments, so he has not been constantly talking about her. besides, they were first reported as a couple only last week because nikki called him her boyfriend. cattiness is not attractive, sweets.

His teeth are gross scary!!!

they make such a cute couple. :)

He has the looks of a movie star..and he is very talented.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All