Marion Cotillard & Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Dark Knight' Characters Revealed!

Marion Cotillard & Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Dark Knight' Characters Revealed!

It’s official – Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have joined the cast of The Dark Knight Rises, Warner Bros. has announced.

Earlier this year, the two actors were reported to have landed roles in the Christopher Nolan-directed flick, though their characters were unknown.

Now we know who they’ll be playing!

Joseph will take on the role of John Blake, “a Gotham City cop who is given a special assignment under the command of Commissioner Gordon,” according to The Wrap.

Meanwhile, Marion “will play Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member who wants to help Bruce Wayne, who’s still grieving, resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors in the city.”

Christian Bale reprises his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Anne Hathaway will play Catwoman, and Tom Hardy will play Bane.

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Ann hathaway as the cat woman? NOOOO…I wanted to see Angelina Jolie play the role….

The Punnator @ 04/19/2011 at 9:58 pm

i can totally see them both in the film. anne hathaway, not so much.

I can easily see them in this. Hope it’s good!

Yay! I like Marion Cottilard.

This is like half of the main Inception cast. Sounds like it will be a good film.

I had to double check to know sure if this was Dark Knight or the continuation of Inception…

I think these are good choices for the parts.

the doctor @ 04/20/2011 at 12:33 am

Good cast, but i’m still puzzled as to why anne hathaway was cast as catwoman.

She should have been Cat woman… at least it would have been believable.. Anne as cat woman? No way.

I would have liked to see Joseph as a villain, and someone else as catwoman

thighmegatampon @ 04/20/2011 at 1:29 am

marion cotillard is soo beautiful and incredibly talented! just go watch la vie en rose!

Jack Easton @ 04/20/2011 at 2:02 am

Love Marion Cotillard, very attractive and sexy. French perfection doesn’t get much purer than her.

Johanna Börjeson @ 04/20/2011 at 2:07 am

Woooo! Christopher Nolan is the undisputed best and greatest director in the world! The Dark Knight Rises will be the biggest movie ever! Watch out Avatar!

I read they’re even recasting the revolving room used in the gravity-defying hotel scenes from Inception.

Woooo! The Dark Knight Rises is going to be huge! I’ll be going on opening night with all my girls! Here come the girls! (Girls, Girls, Girls, Girls) OH YEAH BABY!!! :)
treated myself to a thai massage today and am still giggling over the female masseuse’s major fascination by my BIG beautiful butt hahha… It’s mesmerising!

Wohooo!! Let me tell you, this will be an Anne Hathaway you’ve never seen, and she’s going to knock everyone’s socks off in The Dark Knight Rises! You are going to be so killed by her performance. I can’t tell you how good she is going to be as a strong, independent, sexy Catwoman. Oh, she is going to be so good in this. It’s unbelievable the performance she is going to give. It’s amazing. Hahah.. freakin’ fantastic, can’t wait! Man! I feel like a woman!

I LOVE JOSEPH GORDON- LEVITT!!!!!!!

lexy hates bilson @ 04/20/2011 at 6:00 am

JJ nice to see some news on these 2 talented actors!!

Marion is a great actress and would have been perfect as catwoman!!! not anne hathaway!!!

Hahahahahha @ 04/20/2011 at 11:35 am

MARION COTILLARD should have been CATWOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Joe, I want to bathe your ******* with my tongue

marion yes but not anne hathaway, she will ruin TDKR. i prefer to see kate winslet as catwoman. she is so sexy.

joes fug
so is cotillard

I don’t dislike Anne Hathaway but her as catwoman? ergh.
But bravo for joseph and marion.