Gerard Butler Plays The Field with Dennis Quaid

Gerard Butler Plays The Field with Dennis Quaid

Gerard Butler hits the set of his new movie, Playing The Field, on Tuesday (April 19) in Shreveport, Louisiana.

The 41-year-old Scottish stud was joined by his co-star, Dennis Quaid, and several kids who played members of a boys’ soccer team.

Earlier in the month, Gerry arrived in Shreveport to get to work.

Gerard‘s character is a former pro soccer player who coaches his son’s soccer team to try and bond with him…but he’s got to dodge romantic advances from soccer moms!

gerard butler playing the field dennis quaid 01
gerard butler playing the field dennis quaid 02
gerard butler playing the field dennis quaid 03
gerard butler playing the field dennis quaid 04
gerard butler playing the field dennis quaid 05

Getty
  • Channing Tatum is making a movie about his father's heartbreaking story - US Weekly
  • Did Prince have a prescription drug problem? - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Empire - Gossip Cop
  • Shawn Mendes is dishing details on his new album - Just Jared Jr
  • Is Kylie Jenner buying Tyga a home? - Radar
  • This is Leonardo DiCaprio taking a selfie - Huffington Post
  • Beyonce kicks off her Formation World Tour in Miami - Lainey Gossip
  • Check out the complete list of TV pilots for the upcoming fall season - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Eve

I’m wondering if Gerry has the weekend off for Easter? Maybe his Mum will come down to Shreveport for a visit. Looks like it’s pretty hot down there. Maybe he should take a quick jaunt over to Scotland? I’ll bet it’s beautiful over there in the spring! I was there last year and I’ve never seen so many amazing flowers! Such a beautiful country! I could live there easily.

• angelsrock

@redOctober:

Is that the director with Gerry? He’s been in a few pics.

• Cora

From Jane Ryder’s FB:
    Jane Ryder
    Sam had a treat today. I took her on set while they were filming a scene this afternoon. Shortly after, all the stars finished, and the first to walk up was her favourite – Gerard Butler. Got to wish them a “Happy Easter”. Even got a hug later from Uma Thurman. Got a lovely hug yesterday too from Jessica Biel for helping her with a project last week.
    10 minutes ago
    Jane Ryder
    Sam has never cared about anyone I have worked with in over six years. However, she fell in love with Gerard in “Phantom of the Opera”. He’s the only actor she would love to have a picture taken with.
    a few seconds ago.

• redOctober
  • Cora

From FB:
    Kristen Elizabeth Cortez
    Studied Science Today at the Set with Gerard Butler so cool and also meet Kathrine Zeda Jones, Uma Therman , Denis Quad , & was with tanner and Jenna the past 2 days(:
    16 minutes ago

• Cora

WO has some set photos I haven’t seen:

• redOctober
  • Eve

Looks like they may have had a chilly day!

Thanks for the pics.

• thisjustin
  • http://justjared lolita

Cora and Red, thanks for the news and pics. Goodnight and have a great evening♥♥

• Cora

FB:
    Brittney Amber Calhoun
    Saw Gerard butler picking his wedgie! XD freakin hilarious!
    3 hours ago
    Oh! My! Gosh! Dennis Quaid just said hi to me and robin! Woo!
    6 hours ago

• Eve

@thisjustin:

Hey, that’s my wallpaper! For real! LOL!

• redOctober

@lolita:

Good night girl ; )

• Eve

Picking his wedgie! LOL! Now that I would like to see a pic of!

• thisjustin
  • Cora

There are a lot of sightings out there of the cast from the set and in town. I won’t bother posting them all. Wherever Jessica Biel and Uma Thurman were a couple of days ago, they were definitely back on set and in S’port today. It looks like there will be filming next week starting at least as early as Wednesday. In case anyone was wondering, extras are allowed to get fairly close to the actors, but they’re not allowed to ask for autographs:
    Jessie Bradford
    Eating lunch with dennis quade Gerard butler jessica biel uma thurman sean o’brian and cathryn zeta jones!! BEST DAY EVER!!!
    6 hours ago
    Jessie Bradford
    Lol. On the set of a movie. My little cousin is in it. My aunt is an extra and im here to watch him. Ill be an extra wed and thurs next week!
    5 hours ago
    Erica Eakin Murrell
    Awesome! Autographs and phone numbers please.
    5 hours ago
    Jessie Bradford
    Haha. We arent allowed to ask for autographs. Lol. I wish! And def not numbers lol!
    5 hours ago

• thisjustin

“Look Dude, just give me the keys to my car”

• thisjustin
  • thisjustin

“Get out of my way!” ” I need to go see my girls at the Pineapple Palace”

• Kaz

I wonder how many women Gerard is &^%$$ing right now.
    I mean has on speed dial? Should be ineteresting number.

• Hilary

I wonder if Gerard wiill get oscar nomaination for this role

• Canadian

I am not as dumb as you Americans think.
    If I wanted to live there I would live there but I don’t want to so I don’t. Why would I get deported. I’m hot, thin and younger than you 50+ size 8 fats.
    No one over size 6 is getting with gerard. nope.

• oy

@Cora:
    Fleas.

• thisjustin

To someone special who spends all her time on Facebook..♥♥

• LonesomeDove

The makeup lady seemed to have to tidy up his hair between each take.

Some people look better with tanned skin but Gerard is not one of them. Why he burnt his face so he would have leathery skin is something I don’t understand. I LOVE his fair smooth face in “Mrs. Brown” “One More Kiss” and the early TV shows.

• Jane Goodhall

why is he always in dumb movies playing dumb characters?
    why cant he raise the bar a bit??? idiot.

• LonesomeDove

jeremy Renner is going to star in Bourne Legacy to pick up where Damon left off. Hello Gerry. Any serious movies are you going to make?

• ew

gwyneth paltrow is looking old and wide
    how square can her hips be??
    i am so lucky i dont have a flat butt it must be disgusting to see a flat butt from behind!

• Buffoonery

@LonesomeDove:
    Thank you!!!
    He is regarded as a joke bc of his movie role choices….
    its too bad because after 300 – he had so much promise.
    Now he’s a circus buffoon.

• oy

@LonesomeDove:
    Gerard could pick up where Zac Efron left off.

• Rayme

Too bad PTF isn’t coming out until 2012. With all the current interest in CZJ, she might bring in a lot more people. By next year, it’ll probably be forgotten and replaced by some new ‘story of the moment.’ At any rate, she’s bringing a lot of attention to this movie right now.
    We saw ‘Arthur’ tonight. Don’t believe any negative reviews, we loved this movie. It’s a lot sweeter story than the original.

• Rayme

Dennis on piano in Shreveport/
    Compliments of WO.
    @Buffoonery:
    Are you forgetting Coriolanus and MGP.? Neither lightweight.
    Just here to stir things?

• Cora

Gerry is at Super Steakhouse (along with Dennis and Uma). From FB:
    Shea Graham Tyra
    Gerard Butler @ Superior!
    29 minutes ago

• Cora

I meant Superior Steakhouse, sorry (although I’m sure it’s super).
    Looks like a party! The same person on FB:
    Shea Graham Tyra
    Dennis Quaid is singing the blues and playing piano:)
    3 hours ago
    Shea Graham Tyra
    Dinner with Dennis Quaid!!!
    3 hours ago
    Shea Graham Tyra
    Superior steakhouse
    3 hours ago
    Shea Graham Tyra ‎
    @ wb- now we have jessica biel in the bathroom….late night Shreveport:)
    about an hour ago

• Beth

How could anyone equate Sukar with Eve? They are absolutely nothing alike. May as well compare her to Kyrie and Laurie 1, 2, 3. I miss Sukar and wish she’d just check in to tell her old followers how she is. Those were some dramatic posts in the history of this world. Her posts brought this place into a real worldwide perspective.

• Try sitting ina office allday

Love the new photos and this movie looks like a lot of fun.
    GB looks FABULOUS !!!
    Does anyone know when the next GB movie is out?
    Always love GB interviews – funny & interesting. Can’t wait…
    No point comparing GB to other actors-I am assuming each actor has their own motives for getting into the industry. Each actor has different strengths & limitations. Most other actors are boring 2 me.
    GB is my favourite and I would go to see a movie – just to see him.
    I can’t say that about many other actors at the moment.

• wait a minute

@Cora: That last post about Biel in the bathroom. Isn’t she supposed to be in the islands with Jimmy Chin?
    What can we believe?

• Cora

@Try sitting ina office allday:
    Tentative release dates:
    Movie 43 — end of August 2011
    Machine Gun Preacher — September 2011
    Coriolanus — November 2011
    It looks like we’re going to get lots of Gerry in the fall. That’s a lot of press he’s going to be doing. He’ll also be shooting “Mavericks” in October.

• make it go away

Please make Reese go away from this screen. I hate her and her honker teeth and Pattinson and his weird eyes. Bleeeh.

• Cora

@wait a minute: Jessica must have returned from her trip. There were three separate sightings of Jessica Biel on set today and one was by a crew member. She’s also in the pap photos with Gerry and Catherine.

• oy

@oy: I’m flattered. At least you took my tip from the last time you impersonated me and kept your comment brief so it’s more believable.

• Try sitting ina office allday

@Cora: thank you for that info. Only a few months 2 wait…Love GB !

• LonesomeDove

Don’t get me wrong. I love Gerry and his movies. But I am also pining for him to star in a big budget blockbuster type of movies. Everytime I heard so and so actor was cast in such and such movies I couldn’t help but wondering why Gerry was not the one picked.

Water for Elephant got slaughtered by critics. Critics got at least one thing right: Reese and Rpat don’t have chemisty, which is enough to doom any romantic love story. I’ll pass this one.

• Oh Please

@she:
    “I always appreciate your links but maybe next time it would be better not to post links to twitter accounts that might couse problems here. I wanted to write you earlier if it was really necessary to post here her twitter link. It’s crazy here without this twitter. Just a thought.”
    Please shut up. we have a right to know all about Gerry if it’s out there in the public domain, without someone like you acting like a goody goody. We are not stealing anything personal or secret. all the info Cora puts out is from public Face Books and Twitter accounts. if someone wants privacy they need to make their twitter and facebooks private. Stop telling us what is good for us and what’s not good for us like they do in Communist countries. Please chill out.

• PsychoB=nightmare

@PsychoB:
    “I see JJ cleaned a little house last night and removed some of the nasty. Someone’s lost all her friends.
    If you attack others, get raedy to get attacked. So not for long sluut, i am ready to unleash it on you. I hope the others who can’t stand you and Manny will continue to do the same, sluut.
    I have a copy of some of my posts so i think that since some of it embarrassed you and you hated it, I will re-post again some of mine. the others will have to do theirs. I think there is a compaign against you loser. People can see how useless you are, stupid.

• Cora

Another sighting of the miniature cast party tonight on FB:
    Wendy Eve Trotter
    List of stars I saw tonight : Uma Thurman , Jessica Beil, Gerald Butler , and Dennis Quaid !! Must say they were having a great time :)
    3 hours ago
    Amanda Williams
    So jealous… Of all except Gerard butler… Considering I played soccer with him two weeks ago!!!
    3 hours ago

• she

I was wondering when will I be attacked by a troll.

• are you stupid?

@curious cat:
    “Hardly a reason to hate Americans, friend. There are better reasons thatn that!”
    What are the reasons you think there is to hate Americans?
    And you got 5 thumbs up for this comment?
    What kind of a lame group of people post her?
    Oh, I forgot; it’s the same people supporting Manny and PsychoB in attacking and teaming up against Eve and other posters they don’t like.
    I’m not American, but I appreciate America for the beacon of light and freedom it is.
    And you wonder why you people lack backbone? Of course you lack backbone if you support such statements against your own people, or if you can’t stand up for yourselves. If Americans don’t stand up for themselves and the truth, no one will.
    America has helped many people around the world, including now. Isn’t America helping liberate Libya at her own peril?
    Well, if you people see fit to support such lame posters as Manny and PsychoB, I think it’s a good sign of the type of people on this thread.
    BTW, you also attacked Amy R for no reason. You misconstrued her statement completely.

• Hypocrisy Speaking

@Eve=Sukar:
    “Annoying people who never contribute to any Gerard Butler thread and who never stop posting until they find themselves alone at the end of a thread.
    AS IF Manny and PsychoB ever contribute to the thread. Manny links, maybe one link a month, maybe two, and PsychoB never ever posted anything since she has been posting here. She is just a parasite feeding off other people.
    Some of you people (the ones supporting Manny and PsychoB) have some nerve; your hypocrisy is on fire, it’s flaming. You’re good at pointing fingers but don’t look at your own sh!t.
    “They hate Manny and PsychoB without any apparent reason apart from the one that it’s probably trendy to insult them”
    And you wonder why some hate Manny and PsychoB? They attack other posters. Isn’t that a good enough reason for you, you egomaniac hypocrite? Sheeesh!

• Hypocrisy Speaking

@Manny:
    “For God’s sake just grow up. You want to make it all about me but I haven’t occupied what 20% of the board since its inception. And 9 negs per post average ought to be a clue to you that more than just me find your spamming ridiculous.”
    You always answer everyone that challenges you in the same empty way:
    “You want to make it about me, blah, blah, blah……, and more blah”
    Please, it is about you since you are leading the way against Eve and constantly criticizing her every post.
    Let’s face it; it’s only because you are getting thumbs up from mindless posters, while Eve is getting thumbs down, that you won’t stop. People giving you thumbs up is emboldening you and encouraging you to behave in this unethical behavior and that’s why you are continuing.
    Anyone on JJ, if you have any decency and you find Manny’s behavior reprehensible and unacceptable, stop giving her thumbs up and she will stop.
    Of course, when she reads this comment, she’ll be laughing and making fun of it, in an arrogant and smug way. However, if you don’t like people taking advantage of their position and assuming they have more power than they do, you need to take action against her behavior, namely stop giving her thumbs up. Better yet, start giving her thumbs down while giving Eve some thumbs up. Then watch Manny changing her tune. She’ll retreat like the little wisel she is. .
    Heck it will be a nice experiment to watch. Do you remember Pavlov’s dogs? If you reinforce something it encourages a creature to behave a certain way because they want to get the approval. You can make Manny, Pavlov’s dog, and watch her behave like a trained dog when she ceases to get your approval for her reprehensible actions. It will be fun to watch.