Jeremy Renner: 'Bourne Legacy' Star!

Jeremy Renner: 'Bourne Legacy' Star!

Jeremy Renner has been offered the lead role in The Bourne Legacy, the next film in the popular franchise, according to THR.

The 40-year-old actor will play a role distinct from Matt Damon‘s Jason Bourne, who will not appear in this film.

Jeremy‘s character will be an operative who went through the same program as Bourne, leaving the option open for Matt to return to the franchise in later additions.

Jeremy has a packed schedule this year. He just wrapped on Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, is currently working on Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, and will release The Avengers this summer.

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Love him in everything.

Bourne Legacy without jason byrne WHY?

I am not going to see it. No Matt Damon = No Bourne!

The Avengers... @ 04/22/2011 at 2:13 pm

isn’t released until next summer.

Awesome I can’t wait to see it. The film is called the Bourne LEGACY, which means the effect Jason’s actions in the last 3 films had on the other agents. I think it’s a clever concept. It means Jeremy Renner will get inspired by Jason and I think there’s a good possibility of Matt Damon playing some kind of role. They may make it a surprise or something.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 04/22/2011 at 2:51 pm

…I do think there’s no bourne without Jason [Damon]. And to replace him with an actor who’s the same age is… odd? …Why not go younger?!
…I like Renner so i’ll give it a chance, even though he’s no Jason Bourne.

So great that Hollywood is finally loosening up – a gay leading man in an action role – fantastic!

It won’t be a Bourne movie without Matt Damon.

Brandon Nelson @ 04/22/2011 at 4:31 pm

I WILL NOT..Repeat WILL NOT watch this movie! Why in the world would you replace Matt Damon? He IS Jason Bourne! No one WILL EVER be able to play that role other than Damon.

PLEASE BRING HIM BACK!

Brandon Nelson @ 04/22/2011 at 4:51 pm

@Gabby: Or they could put them both in it and have a Super Spy going after Bourne (Played by Damon) of course! I would watch that!

Brandon Nelson @ 04/22/2011 at 4:56 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Matt Damon IS Jason Bourne! NOT WATCHING!

Should have picked Garrett hedlund!!

Jeremy Renner is one of my favorite actors so maybe I’ll give it a shot.
But I still do not understand why no matt

Did any of you read the article before you commented??? Renner is not going to REPLACE Damon. They are both great actors. If you haven’t seen any of Renner’s other performances, than check some of them out. He is an amazing actor and his bust schedule and big upcoming projects showcase that.

Stacey Sunshine @ 04/23/2011 at 12:09 am

I love him and TallMatch.net was perfect

Damon sucks, this guy sucks. Amy Adams sucks. Where have all the real movies stars gone? They have become as small as DVD packages.