Gerard Butler Loves Local Art

Gerard Butler Loves Local Art

Gerard Butler checks out the local art scene in Jackson Square with two friends on Sunday (April 24) in the French Quarter in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The 41-year-old Scottish actor has been in Louisiana shooting his latest movie, Playing The Field, along with Dennis Quaid.

Gerry‘s next project will be How to Train Your Dragon 2, which will hit theaters in 2013. How to Train Your Dragon, the tale of a young Viking named Hiccup who defies tradition and befriends a dragon, has grossed nearly $500 million at the worldwide box office.

gerard butler loves local art 01
gerard butler loves local art 02
gerard butler loves local art 03
gerard butler loves local art 04
gerard butler loves local art 05

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 725 » Show All
redOctober @ 04/25/2011 at 8:56 am

…with the guy from MGP set in Detroit…

I'm from Vietnam @ 04/25/2011 at 9:00 am

shia labouf’s future

@redOctober: Thanks Red, I knew the big blonde looked familiar. Maybe he is working on PTF too.

redOctober @ 04/25/2011 at 9:13 am

@lolita:

“the big blonde” …lol.

…the other guy looks familiar too .

@redOctober: Gerry is no shorty by any means…but that guy looks like a giant next to Gerry and the other guy. It seems like Gerry keeps friends with people he works with and possibly hires them for his projects because he knows their work ethic and feels comfortable working with them again…if that’s the case.

angelsrock @ 04/25/2011 at 9:26 am

@redOctober:

Could this be the assistant that he met while filming Beowulf and who traveled with him a bit thereafter?

Love that he is cultured……And of course I believe that he is….LoL

redOctober @ 04/25/2011 at 9:32 am

I agree about making friends on set.

“Filmmaking is a uniquely collaborative medium and the coming together of many people towards one creative goal. The people are also one of the best reasons to stick around. A good friend on a set has the potential to become a good friend forever.”

redOctober @ 04/25/2011 at 9:36 am

@lolita:

…the other post was meant for you ; )

@angelsrock:

…the man you mention seems a bit older but I could be mistaken.

@angelsrock:

That was an Icelander named Halle Hansen. He traveled to India and other places with Gerry. Gerry said he was his assistant, driver, nutritionist and spiritual advisor.

@angelsrock: I think you’re talking about Halli Hansen.

redOctober @ 04/25/2011 at 10:19 am

…I this is the last photo of them together, but I’m not sure-

looking good gerard luv ya keep bringing the sexy and thank jj for all the post

Thank god… a new thread!!… I wonder how long this one’s gonna be?

gossiphound @ 04/25/2011 at 11:16 am

@angelsrock: As far as I know that one guy was part of the MGP crew and got signed onto work for PTF as well and not any previous GB movie. You are thinking of the guy from Iceland Halli Hansen I believe his name is. I believe this is a photo of him http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3223/3108277921_6077faf4a5.jpg

gossiphound @ 04/25/2011 at 11:18 am

Oops everyone was posting the same info at the same time.

Do you think he actually bought anything?

I doubt very much that he bought anything. Those appear to be charcoal portraits of celebrities. I’m not dissing the artist at all, as they appear to be pretty good from what we can see of them, but most people wouldn’t buy something like that to decorate their place with. I think Gerry was just out for a walk and happened to stop there. Looks like he was at loose ends for Easter poor thing, coming from a Catholic upbringing. What a shame – I would’ve invited him over for Easter dinner in a fraction of a heartbeat.

He’s up for a Scots’ fashion award. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/life/women/fashion-and-beauty/2011/04/25/scots-movie-hunk-gerard-butler-makes-shortlist-for-fashion-award-86908-23085845/
Must be because he looks so hot in a tux.
He sure is getting his money’s worth out of the California T lately. Maybe it replaced the Colorado one.

@redOctober: Red, thanks for the link. I think Gerry is a pretty loyal friend when he lets someone in. It’s good to see him out and about relaxiing. Soon he’ll be back to the grind stone!

Nice he’s loyal to people he has worked with and gets them jobs on other projects. I wish he’d get Reno a new acting gig. After all, the poor kid suffered thru a Gals convention for him.

JJ’s got Gerry’s next project wrong. He’s overlooked Mavericks. I wonder where things stand with Afterburn and White Jazz. Is White Jazz the correct title?

That portrait of Ray Charles is classic.
Makes sense that he would keep his art options open. The dog at his front door needs a rest. :))) Any news on the house hunting in NYC?
Why is it when he bites his bottom lip like above is he so damn adorable to me? ;)

I was so happy about the new thread that I 4got 2 actually comment on the pix!…. I think its so cute how he bites his lip and love the hair.

@Manny: Manny, even though he is a scamp…he is adorable!! My darling grandma used to call me a scamp.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 725 » Show All