Julia Roberts & Tom Hanks: 'Larry Crowne' Trailer!

Julia Roberts & Tom Hanks: 'Larry Crowne' Trailer!

Check out the trailer for Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts‘ new film, Larry Crowne!

Synopsis: After losing his job, Larry Crowne (Hanks) heads to his local college to start over. There he becomes part of a colorful community of outcasts, also-rans and the overlooked all trying to find a better future for themselves. In his public-speaking class, Larry develops an unexpected crush on his teacher, Mercedes Tainot (Roberts), who has lost as much passion for teaching as she has for her husband.

The romantic comedy, which Tom also wrote and directed, hits theaters July 1.

WILL YOU WATCH Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks in Larry Crowne?

Larry Crowne Trailer

Frazer Harrison/Getty

lol this trailer debuted like 2 months ago…
i’ll definitely watch it, it looks cute and tom & julia are my two fave movie stars.

Bryan Phillippe @ 04/26/2011 at 8:24 am

I’ve always wanted to see Tom Cruise do a movie with Julia Roberts and one with Tom Hanks. They are all incredible actors and it would be amazing to see them bounce off each other in a film.

Heather Norris @ 04/26/2011 at 8:28 am

This is surprising good and looks promising. The film has an interesting all-star cast. I hope that this is a critical and commercial success. Unfortunately, however, Larry Crowne is being released on the same date as Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

It seems like a nice movie.

Mick Nolte @ 04/26/2011 at 8:38 am

The official plot summary states:
“The simple guy who has every reason to think his life has stalled will come to learn an unexpected lesson: when you think everything worth having has passed you by, you just might discover your reason to live.”
I hope that it will be a compelling story about what’s important in life – not just your dreams but who you take with you when your dreams come true and that everyone will be emotional with joy by the end of the film.

I love Julia and I love Tom Hanks so I am definitely seeing this on opening weekend at the theatre. I want to see Transformers, too, but I will see it the following week. Transformers will do fine without me there opening weekend.

brainy box @ 04/26/2011 at 9:28 am

MY EYES WERE BURNING WHEN I SAW TOM IN HIS BRIEFS!!!! PUT IT AWAY GRANDPA!!!!!!!

fantastic pairing! i hope it’s a huge success!

Looks really, really dumb.

Julia Roberts can’t act her way out of a bag.

Her brother Eric Roberts is a much better actor and is very underrated.

What a bore! This spring/summer looks rather underwhelming movie-wise imo.

this website is very good, you can go and see it

Please click nihao

looks good, old-fashioned and sweet. i love julia and tom…

Could be an ok movie. Julia Roberts is just not a good actress; she is charming and that is enough for Americans to think she is great. In her last two movies her acting has been BORING. Needs to stay home and tend the house and babies. Same with Jennifer Aniston…..no acting skills, just CUTE.

I love tom hanks.

I love Tom Hanks and can’t stand Julia Roberts.
Why does Tom puts us in the position again, in which we have to choose between our love for him and out annoyance for her?
Julia is so smug, vulgar and full of herself.
She has lost her appeal a long long time ago.

SteveFrenchie @ 06/09/2011 at 2:23 pm

I found this sick contest to win a trip to LA for the Larry Crowne premiere!
You enter from the Alliance fb page, they ask a question about the movie