Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Welcome Twins!

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Welcome Twins!

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary with two very special people – their newborn twins!

The 41-year-old entertainer gave birth on Saturday (April 30) – their wedding date – to a boy and girl at a Los Angeles hospital at 12:07 p.m. EST, her rep told the AP.

The girl was born first, weighing 5 lbs., 3 oz., and 18 inches, while her brother weighed in at 5 lbs., 6 oz., and 19 inches.

“My wife just gave me the most incredible anniversary gift ever in life! I won’t ever be able to top this!” Nick, 30, tweeted.

Mariah‘s rep, who said the couple hasn’t named the twins just yet, also revealed they listened to Mariah‘s hit song, “We Belong Together,” after the children were born.

Congrats to the happy parents!!!

Photos: WENN
Posted to: Celebrity Babies, Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Congratulations! I think it’s the best thing in life. It really changed my life when I had my first kid. Now that I have three, I’m really, really happy and I would love to have more. It’s a really amazing experience.

bout time, i was about to sign her up for the Guinness Book of World Records

Woooo! I’m so excited for them! Congrats! I’m a new mother and I highly recommend having children. My hips are bigger…my breasts are bigger. I’m loving it! I feel like more of a woman now. It definitely makes me feel so much sexier than ever before.

Fantastic news! I’m so happy for them. They must be over the moon!
I’m dying to have a baby. In fact, my biological clock is already ticking and I don’t know how to describe it. It’s just becoming a physical need now.
So far, unfortunately, I’ve been dealing with men with no backbone, who make promises they cannot keep. A lot of men can’t handle a strong woman. I won’t cry for all the hunger in my heart. I am a 34 year old divorced woman with a young daughter but I’m excited to see what the future brings.

whats up with all these spambots?

Congratulations Mariah and Nick!
I’m glad to see Mariah Carey happy again after all that she has been through over the years and in a happy marriage with her newborn babies.

My husband and I are just really open and honest with each other. We tell each other everything that goes on and everything that we’re feeling everyday, and we’re just really there for each other.
I think my husband taught me a lot about inner beauty and confidence in myself. I’m slim but voluptuous. He’s in love with the person inside of me, and the outside of me is just a bonus. I feel better—so much better now than I ever did in my twenties. I know who I am. And as a result, I feel much sexier.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 04/30/2011 at 3:20 pm

…I bet they already sold the baby pictures. hahahaha …they’re both so lame.

This is terrific. Wonderful news!
There’s a certain responsibility that I carry being a mom that makes me feel very confident and so blessed. Being a mom is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

Love Mariah Carey!! She deserves to be so happy and have lots of babies. Really lovely girl. I hope she has finally found the one…love can last though it can take time finding the diamond in the ruff.
I turned 30 this week which I’m excited about and I’m in a good place with having a great job and a toyboy and I’m in the best physical shape of my life. I’d love to have children in the next couple of years because the result is so worth it. My toyboy is only 22, but I am really surprised by his maturity. But he’s got his career and things are going well, so I wouldn’t want to put him under any pressure. I don’t feel the clock ticking. If it happens, it happens. It’s a whole new world.

LaTanya(seankordw) @ 04/30/2011 at 3:22 pm

Awww congrats and about time! Now they can have kiddie birthday parties in the daytime and celebrate their anniversary at night.

laverdadduele @ 04/30/2011 at 3:24 pm

The miracle of life…a true blessing from God. Congratulations to Mariah and Nick. I wish them health and a happy marriage, as long as they’re are happy as a couple those kids are going to be good.

Wohooo!! Congratulations, Mariah! Best of luck on your new role as a mother!
I cannot recommend having children enough – it felt like exactly what my body was supposed to do at that point. More than anything else ever, it just felt physically right being pregnant. My friends without kids say, ‘Oh I don’t know how you do it, getting so tired.’ And I just think, ‘I don’t know how they don’t do it.’

This is amazing! Fantastic! Congratulations! I really LOVE this girl! She has been through a lot in the past, and she has conquered her demons no doubt. And whomever calls her ugly must be blind! The girl is very pretty and has the most beautiful eyes. She might not be a “model” but then again she does eat and enjoy her life so she is where she needs to be. She will have a very successful future and making a bigger name for herself down the line.

I’m very happy for them but I hope now Nick will man up. He acts all tough but in reality, he couldn’t even stand up to Mariah because her career came first. She’s the one who has always been in control of the relationship and had the power.

ON THEIR ANNIVERSARY?? Cant top that. Thats beautiful! About time too, it was like she was pregnant for years.

I am sure they will be great parents. Congrats! Giving birth to a child is such an emotional and indescribable experience. I only wish that this had happened earlier to them.

I want to see the babies!!!

Excellent news! Congratulations! Let this be a lesson to my fellow women: don’t procrastinate having children because you don’t want your figure to change or to put your career on hold. Having children is not a disease or a curse. It’s a privilege.

brainy box @ 04/30/2011 at 3:38 pm

FINALLY!!!!!! I COULDN’T STAND TO SEE HER FAT STOMACH ANYMORE!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!! They must really really happy as they (especially Nick) wanted children.

Is hollywood getting special tretment i.mean this 40+ give birth to twins firist the one in desperat house wife and then jlo and now her too..
I also want to go to this doctor

I for one am no longer remotely opposed to this spam. It is awesome.

Congrats Mariah!

happy for them… but omg they listened to We Belong Together after the babies were born? really? how do people get that cheesy?

CONGRATS MARIAH :D

Congratulations from the Netherlands! So happy for them, and mariah you look BEAUTIFUL!!

@Elsa:

Losers who fail at everything else in life tend to be the biggest breeders.

Now Mariah can go back to being her old trashy, ******, tasteless self.

I had no idea Nick was only 30.. my goodness..

Can’t wait to see the pictures of them. So happy for her.

@boston61:

According to that logic, you probably have already a dozen kids.

Librarian Lady @ 04/30/2011 at 4:47 pm

Thank God her pregnancy is done! I bet she is relieved to get those babies OUUUUUTTTTT! Congrat’s to Mariah.

Congrats! Love Mariah since Visions of Love days, I couldn’t be happier for one of my all time favorite singers. <3

Congrats to the 2.

um Mariah’s not talentless by a long shot she’s a legend. not every woman over 35/40 that has twins used IVF to conceive them twins are more common in older mothers because a womans body releases more eggs as she ages and gets ready for menopause. them playing we belong together after the babies were born was them trying to be romantic on their anniversary after just receiving the greatest gift possible. we should see pictures in a june issue of Life & Style Magazine as they have a running deal with the mag. JLO had her twins at 37 and twins run in her family so she was at a higher risk than normal and that could be the case witth Mariah as well you never know

How do all celebrities manage to have boy/girl twins?

That’s kind of cool………..

FINALLY, lol! Congrats to the happy parents.

Fail!!! Its their 3rd yr wedding ANiiversary!!! and Congrats to their new babies!!!!!

Congrats Mariah! I hope your babies could sing like you :)))

Much happiness to the family. :D Love, love, love for Mariah – she deserves it!

um people Boy/GIrl twins are the most common so it’s not like they tricked the sytem to get them. having children is a miracle especially wen at one point they didn’t know if she’d ever be able to conceive again plus twins are more common in older mothers with or without help. all that matters is everyone is safe & Healthy. them playing We Belong Together after the twins were born isn’t tacky at all it’s a sweet way to acknowledge their anniversary. just because they didn’t announce the names right away doesn’t mean anything when your as big a star as Mariah is you don’t get much of a private life and there’s certain things you want to keep sacred marriage the birth of children ect.

victoria s. @ 05/01/2011 at 3:15 pm

isn’t it their third annaversiary not fourth?

CONGRATS M&N!!! ALL THE BEST!!!

@Lorraine: have you forgotten to take your medication today? This isn’t Oprah, go air your problems somewhere else. Your husband’s probably cheating on you anyways.

@Courtney: She either had invitro or some other procedure done. Both she and JLO are pathological liars, and are lying when they said that they got pregnant with twins naturally. Can’t believe your gullible enough to believe that this nearly 40 year old woman just happened to have twins the old fashioned way.

spongebobsquarepants @ 05/04/2011 at 11:16 am

I hope that the babies are doing good and so are yall. Nd i hope that yall life will go good with eachother and the babies.