Gisele Bundchen - MET Ball 2011

Gisele Bundchen - MET Ball 2011

Gisele Bundchen shares a kiss with husband Tom Brady at the MET Ball held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday (May 2) in New York City.

The 30-year-old Brazilian model wore a smoking red Alexander McQueen ballgown as a tribute to the late designer.

“When I was 17, McQueen gave me my first big break by booking me for his fashion show,” Gisele said. “Doing his show opened many doors for my career. I am excited to be wearing one of his designs to honor his legacy.”

Over the weekend, Gisele kicked off the pre-MET Ball festivities with Harry Josh‘s 10th Annual Spring Fling. Of course Harry did her hair for the MET Ball!

The event is hosted by honorary chairs Salma Hayek, her husband Francois-
Henri Pinault
, and co-chairs Colin Firth, designer Stella McCartney and Vogue editor Anna Wintour.

gisele met ball red 01
gisele met ball red 02
gisele met ball red 03
gisele met ball red 04

Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2011 MET Ball, Alexander McQueen, Gisele Bundchen

WENN
  • Lance Armstrong plays golf now after his doping scandal- US Weekly
  • Jay Z and Roc Nation are being sued by a sound engineer- TMZ
  • Watch a trailer for Sharknado 2- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Rixton's cover of Ariana Grande's hit song 'Problem'- Just Jared Jr
  • Courtney Love will be bringing her acting chops to Sons of Anarchy- Entertainment Weekly
  • Columbus Short opens up about his Scandal exit- Huffington Post
  • Read a career prospectus on James Marsden- Lainey Gossip
  • Brazil's loss to Germany in FIFA World Cup blows up Twitter- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Elisabetta Canalis shows off her bikini body in Italy- Hollywood Tuna

I just can’t see Gisele pictures!

Gisele’s photos are not showing up for me. : (

oh my Supermodel goddess!

Diosa… Divina… Gisele

Where are the pictures? : (

simply wonderful!!!

Met Ball Perfection!

She is a stunning, ethereal beauty, like something from another world.

She’s a goddess!

I hope we are going to get some larger photos inside!

Figured out there! Where are the pictures great?

The most beautiful. Goddness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn, that is a beautiful dress!!! she looks fantastic!!

she had a baby? wheeeeeeeree??? she’s just perfect

lexy hates bilson @ 05/02/2011 at 9:10 pm

Looking lovely as always!!

Frodovoid @ 05/02/2011 at 9:10 pm

They need to have tons and tons of babies, just WOW!!!!!!!!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!! perfect dress, perfect make-up, perfect hair!!!
not a gisele fan but she is the FINNEST tonight!!

I’ll give credit when credit is due…I’m not a fan of this woman, but she looks lovely tonight compared to what she wore last year and the year before. She didn’t need to wear something ****** to look magnificent, especially two years ago when she wore a too revealing dress. I know she’s got a great body, but don’t need to have your tatas out everytime.

PUHLEAZE!! Get that girlie man Brady to cut his hair!

PUHLEAZE!! Get that girlie man Brady to cut his hair!

kinda speechless…Now THAT is a Supermodel! she can rock anything. Her short dress she wore (one time) in 2009 was because the memo that year was to wear short dresses, lol all other years she wore gowns…always elegant and classy. and last year she took a risk in that alexander wang. This year is all glam and gorgeous. love it!

@CulverMcCall: Tom Brady and Giselle just got here . Crowd goes wild

Hasn’t this dress been done before?

She is THE ONE!!!

Is she expecting?? usually has a super flat tummy. Rocks the dress. Tom looks like he is trying too hard.

How stunning Gisele looks! Yummy couple,,

Maravilhosa Gisele, sempre!!!

Maravilhosa Gisele, sempre!!!

hes hot, but I don’t like His hair

AlistersOnly @ 05/02/2011 at 11:50 pm

Bridget wasn’t invited? lol…

She was perfect!

Stun-NING!!

She looks beautiful! The dress is amazing!

She looks amazing. Of course it helps when your tall, thin and beautiful, but all those celebrity starlets should take note: simple, clean and elegant. You don’t need all the spangles, sequins, and whatever else the designer stick on those tacky dresses.

Oh - my, my @ 05/03/2011 at 2:25 am

She is effortlessly beautiful. This is my favourite hairstyle on her. Stunning! Also, she wore McQueen, which shows she is considerate and has the class to match her beauty. Not everyone there tonight honoured this genius designer in the same way. Way to go Gisele! (sigh) Will you save Leo from that BARn animal please? Pretty please? Isn’t there something you can do?

forcheapsake @ 05/03/2011 at 7:40 am

I was shocked at how little McQueen was worn! It was his night to be honored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Gisele! I understand his crazy couture pieces were unwearable due to being displayed at the museum. Which Gisele could have undoubtedly 100% pulled off as well.

MangerBouger @ 05/03/2011 at 7:57 am

Simply gorgeous !

See, this is a great example of how you’re supposed to dress/look at these events: pretty smile, flawless make up, nice hair and great dress. She’s definitely high up on my list for best dressed!

Even though the dress was really quite simple there’s this elegance that she carries it with that elevates from just being another dress (albeit a McQueen) to a show stopper. STUNNING!

I don’t really like the dress. It looks like a cheap prom dress to me. There were so many more interesting dresses than this one. Her hair looks nice, but she has gotten way too skinny. She looked much nicer with a few more pounds on.

candycane @ 05/03/2011 at 9:34 am

amazing beauty.. What Miranda Kerr? Gisele leaves all those boyish little VS models in the dust.

thelastsupermodel @ 05/03/2011 at 9:59 am

Her power and presence on a red carpet is astonishing! Show them girls how to pose and be poised Mrs Bundchen!

can’t wait to see Gisele’s stunning shots in the next Vogue! and on the next Vogue book cover and Met Gala covers. amazing Supermodel.

Anne laure bernard @ 05/03/2011 at 10:39 am

absolutely stunning!

Breathtaking! She is always flawless on the red carpet!!!

McQueen must have been smiling in heaven. The sight of the Goddess wearing this dress transcends our imagination. Certainly this dress is meant for a handful of women only.

She is already on many Best dressed lists, like Vogue, and other important ones….she is a belle of the ball always. utter elegance and sophistication.

She already made the most important best dressed lists; Vogue and W magazine. congrats!

OMG! she is just perfect!!!!

well the overall consensus surrounding Gisele’s look this year is great! Much better than last year when she took a risk in the Alexander Wang dress and more people either loved it or hated it (which isn’t a bad thing). Overall most seem to love this! Gisele is a goddess.

Observation: Don’t stand next to Gisele. If you see her coming, RUN. And then go find, I don’t know, Danny DeVito and stand next to him instead.

(yes I am talking to you Kirsten Dunst)