Gwyneth Paltrow - MET Ball 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow - MET Ball 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow shows off her fabulous figure at the MET Ball held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday (May 2) in New York City.

The 38-year-old Shakespeare in Love actress really had her legs-for-days on display!

Gwyneth wore a Stella McCartney dress and Fred Leighton jewels.

The Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrates the opening of the “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” exhibition, featuring the late designer’s iconic work.

The event is hosted by honorary chairs Salma Hayek, her husband Francois-Henri Pinault, and co-chairs Colin Firth, designer Stella McCartney and Vogue editor Anna Wintour. Special performance by Florence And The Machine!

gwyneth paltrow met ball 2011 01
gwyneth paltrow met ball 2011 02
gwyneth paltrow met ball 2011 03
gwyneth paltrow met ball 2011 04
gwyneth paltrow met ball 2011 05

Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2011 MET Ball, Gwyneth Paltrow

Christopher Polk/Getty

I like it but it’s kinda safe.

lexy hates bilson @ 05/02/2011 at 10:07 pm

She annoys me BUT she always looks good and she’s a great actress!

she looks like a stepford wife

I never noticed this before but Gwyneth could be Blake Lively’s MOTHER!

beautiful couple @ 05/02/2011 at 10:26 pm

Beige it not her color.
It completely washes her out.

Farmer Ted @ 05/02/2011 at 10:27 pm

@everlyo: True, same horse face.

She is very dull, boring, annoying… She had the same dress in feb!

Farmer Ted @ 05/02/2011 at 10:33 pm

Great Legs. Shame about the horse face.

Nashvillah @ 05/02/2011 at 10:36 pm

She wore the SAME dress in Vanity Fair oscars! And her botoxed face is boring… NEXT!

pretty in pink @ 05/02/2011 at 10:39 pm

At first I thought it was Sondra Lee until I saw she was at the event too.

Overexposed hag

She looks like a tr-anny-

Sascha Fierce @ 05/02/2011 at 10:57 pm

Where are her husband and kids?

Another one that Just Jared gets paid to post about

When Gwyneth was younger, she reminded me of Grace Kelly.
Now she looks like an older Jan Brady.

Where's Kate Bosworth??? @ 05/02/2011 at 11:00 pm

I quess the homewreker was not invited this year lol

When Gwyneth was younger, she reminded me of Grace Kelly.
Now she looks like an older Jan Brady

YUCK………….CAN’T BELIEVE THIS PLAIN JANE IS BLYTHE DANNER’S DAUGHTER.

wearehappy @ 05/02/2011 at 11:07 pm

Yes she have botox, her eyes and mouth are googly stretched.

SHE SHOULD GET HER BEAUTIFUL MOM TO GIVE HER A MAKEOVER.

OMG didn’t Leighton Meester wear a dress like this to one of the award shows this season?

Fabulous figure???!!! Where, what, how. I didn’t see any fabulous figure, did you?? Women need to look like women, not a pole with 2 bumps on it

I like, but it is kinda safe

Eric Gibson Cartman @ 05/02/2011 at 11:34 pm

The jew.ish c*nt!

she looks nice, but must she wear the same silhouette every event?

Strange dress, part couture, part ****. Almost elegant, but vulgar. Pity.

@Where’s Kate Bosworth???: A noticeable absense of a “fashion icon” at a huge fashion event, right? She had a few reasons not to show up this year. Her friend Cher tweeted that she’s working, which would be the official one. Unofficially: Stella McCartney and Gwyneth are tight and Stella was an event chair. Ex and new dad Orlando Bloom showed up with radiant wife Miranda Kerr. And Karl Lagerfeld has a new pretty blonde thing on his arm. If I had all that stacked against me and no loving boyfriend to help me get through the evening, I’d be on the opposite coast, too. You know. Working.

She is gorgeous

she needs to step out the spotlight a little..sometimes too much is just too much

I love it..shes gorgeous..

Where's Kate Bosworth??? @ 05/03/2011 at 12:59 am

Oh please…working yeah right Kate Bosworth is a no show at the MET this year because no one invited her..I highly doubt that Stella invited her azz …There are actually more A listers this year than last year…if these A LISTERS can find the time to attend that just says that Kate Bosworth is a homewrecker and I am for one glad she did not attend because at best she is a C lister lol

KB is working on a film in Big Sur, CA. However, Stella McCartney invited her to be one of her guests at this year’s Met Ball.

BTW, I think Gwyneth looks beautiful.

I hope she gave Matt Morrison some after the afterparty ….

is it me or is she wearing the same style over and over again? i seriously got bored of her.

I’m not a fan, but I think she looks great – not too many women could pull off that dress.

why is she never with her husband… i don’t believe she’s really marred???

Chris Martin would never come to something like this. Not quite sure why people always bring him up as being “M.I.A.” The dude has been always been “M.I.A.” since they were married back in 2003. It’s been seven years now. The “missing Chris” comment is getting a little bit old.

Anne laure bernard @ 05/03/2011 at 10:08 am

so monochromatic

brainy box @ 05/03/2011 at 10:21 am

GREAT LEGS BUT BORING DRESS!!!!!!

brainy box @ 05/03/2011 at 10:22 am

FOR F*CK SAKES DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!

go away gwyneth! we dont want to see your old wrinkly leg! geeez some actress just dont get it when they no longer wanted

Way to make us hate our bodies Gwyneth….