Kristen Stewart - MET Ball 2011

Kristen Stewart - MET Ball 2011

Kristen Stewart arrives at the MET Ball held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday (May 2) in New York City.

The 21-year-old Twilight star walked the red carpet with Proenza Schouler design duo Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez.

Kristen accessorized with a pair of 19th century Berlin iron scrollwork bracelets by Fred Leighton.

The Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrates the opening of the “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” exhibition, featuring the late designer’s iconic work.

kristen stewart met ball 2011 01

• Charles Barkley is defending Adrian Peterson - Gossip Cop
  • Nolan Gould is all grown up on Modern Family - Just Jared Jr
  • Martha Stewart is slamming Gwyneth Paltrow - Huffington Post
  • What do you think of Emma Stone's LBD? - Lainey Gossip
  • An Amy Winehouse statue was erected in London - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Alessandra Ambrosio's legs are so long - Hollywood Tuna

For FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY she looks beautiful!

She matches the red carpet. lol.

I love the dress, but she looks like shes 30. Time to lay off the smokes, honey.

Itersting. I think I like it:)

She looked awful like 40 year old in that dress and hair. Again, afraid to smile.

no wonder rob falling in love with her..

saying this as nice as possible, cause i do actually like her…
this is the 1st time i see her and she doesnt look like she has a stick up her ass.
she actually looks pleasantly happy. good for her.

she looks gorgeous

@amanda: She looks beautiful, and the picture on the left? Well guess what? She’s smiling!

Beautiful smile on a beautiful girl. Makeup and hair are amazing! Dress is unique, interesting, exactly right for this event. Glad she didn’t take a safe route.

why did they dress her is a curtain? that doesn’t actually fit her??? LOL!

STUNNINGGG.. SO BEAUTIFUL

@bobby Rob has poor taste in women

Well …. mmm … Her dress is rare I mean, I kinda like it but is diferent, BUT she looks amazing, look at her make up, her hair. I really believe she looks awesome and well the dress is diferent and interesting, I would never put one like hers but in her looks good. Don’t be ******* girls, if you don’t like her just don’t comment or comment but don’t be rudes

gracey_vel @ 05/02/2011 at 9:02 pm

wow! she is sooo gorgeous! love the dress on her. she definitely look so stunning!

jackbradleyjennings @ 05/02/2011 at 9:02 pm

she’s such a hot chick. always looks amazing

You call that smile when she hesitates? LOL #blindTWIHARDS

She looks STUNNING!!! What a woderful woman.

annoying chick , awful dress

So Amanda doesn’t like Twilight…we get it…you’re too obvious. Still doesn’t change the fact that Kristen looks great.

She looks old. I guess it is time to fix your health Kristen STOP SMOKING hun

just like sick sleepy

I’m suprised she went. It doesn’t seem like her scene. She seems like she’d be “too cool” to attend.

lexy hates bilson @ 05/02/2011 at 9:09 pm

I like the dress but why go to these events if you don’t want to smile and walk the red carpet?? She always looks so angry and annoyed…what’s she so mad about? It’s not like she’s Rachel Bilson!!

WOW. What a difference a smile can make. She’s so much more attractive when her face isn’t scrunched up like she just sucked on a lemon. Lol, nice :)

she looks way more comfortable when walking on the red carpet. and of course, she has a gorgeous face. but i have to say i don’t like her dress. the met gala is about dressing up, popping up, wearing something they don’t usually wear on red carpets like say, the oscars. though this is different, to me there’s something missing.

Is she wearing a curtain?

Her shoes :S and not pedicure

epic fail

I like it… Not her, the dress.

she is beautiful when she wants to look like a lady. She has always looked stunning, like when she was blonde and promoting Into the Wild. She was downright gorgeous with long blonde hair.

She looks stunning. Love the hair and makeup and her skin is flawless.

@sue: Haha. I hate when people say she doesn’t smile. It pisses me off. So she doesn’t carry around a fake hollywood smile constantly just to please others. She probably smiles when she’s well, happy.. or laughing. Which is generally evident in photos. People have to lave her alone. Do they all want me to compile a million photos of her smiling? I’ll do it if need be. LOL.

laverdadduele @ 05/02/2011 at 10:14 pm

She couldn’t be more awkward and annoying if she tried.

Wow, this is the first time she seems confident on the red carpet. I like the overall look, very minimalist without being boring the way a lot of calvin klein dresses tend to be snoozey.

Terrible fit on that dress. My guess is while it was being fitted, they were making sure she was standing up straight, but on her own she’s too slouchy and hence the hem drags on the ground and the bust droops.

dayuuum, looking good girl!

The dress looks great from the side and the back and when it’s in motion. Kristen should have simply posed from an angle instead of straight on for the cameras. But it’s part of her appeal, the fact she’s not overposing like poor Renee Zewellegarrearee….lol

For the first time I am actually going to say that she looks good. Wow.

she’s really beautiful but i think that the dress didn’t do much for her figure. she may have bad posture too, but the looks way to weird for me. almost like her thighs are too fat. just my opinion.

Yet another mess really ugly dress does nothing for her.

she’s the worst actress ever….EVER!

jack smith @ 05/03/2011 at 3:22 am

She looks absolutly lovely….you rock Kristen…..keep up the good work. The dress is stunning on you honey…..

jack smith @ 05/03/2011 at 3:22 am

jack smith @ 05/03/2011 at 3:22 am

sorry, i like her, but that dress is awful….

brainy box @ 05/03/2011 at 7:52 am

DID THE QUEEN OF DARKNESS FINALLY GIVE A SMILE?

She look so beautiful,bold,daring and sophisticated.I like the fact that she always take risk,she’s not scared to try anything,and guess what ,she smile!

@nikki: its called fashion…and it does fit her. its elegant but edgy..just like her

She looks great and her eyes are what stands out to me. Her hair and makeup are fantastic and even though I’m not feeling the dress, she still looks great. She looks like a model posing with the designers.

Kristen looks beautiful! not a really fan of the dress..but IT LOOKS GOOD ON HER!! the model is nice! the colours also ohh and i love her make up and the way she has her hair done!! gorgeouss!!
ohh and PEOPLE!! SHE CAN SMILE!!! YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK VIDEOUS OF HER ,INTERVIEWS FOR MOVIES OR MAGAZINES.. SHE IS REALLY FUNNY WITH A GOOS SENSE OF HUMOR!

yOU DON’T SEE HER SMILING SOOOO MUCH IN PUBLIC,WITH ALL THE PAPARAZZI HARRASING HER,ESPPECIALY AT THE AIRPORT OR WHEN SHE’S OUT IN TOWN WITH ROB OR FRIENDS AND SO…SHE SAID IT VERY CLEAY SHE HATES THE PAPARAZZI!!! SHE IS A NATURAL,MODEST,SINCERE ,DOWN TO EARTH HUMAN BEING WHO DOESN’T FEEL THE NEES TO SIMLE/LAUGH AT PAPARAZZZIS AT THE AIRPORT OR WHEN SHE’S OUT WITH SOMEONE! OTHERWISE,LIKE I SAID,SHE CAN AND SHE DOES SMILE AND HAS A BEAUTIFUL SMILE,A GREAT LAUGH…SHE’S VERU FUNNY AND I LIKE HER SENSE OF HUMOUR,HER WAY TO SEE THINGS AND SO….. OH AND ALSO SHE IS A SHY PERSON THAT DOESN’T WANT TO I DON’T KNOW… BUY ATTENTION!!!

anyway she’s beautiful! haters please take the time to know her a little bit more before you say bad things about her.

Wow, that is an awfully ugly dress!

kristen looks hot as hell smoking hot rob can just get lost and stare into reeses eyes all he wants because there are loads who will take his place with kristen love her love the fact she is real

The dress doesn’t fit her at all… it’s so poorly constructed. And she just doesn’t have the star quality to wear couture, anyway.

She’s got more star power in her pinky than that whole red carpet full of posers.

@Naia: Star quality? she has more star quality in her pinky than that whole red carpet full of posers.