Kate Bosworth: Cotton's 'Fabric of My Life' Ambassador!

Kate Bosworth: Cotton's 'Fabric of My Life' Ambassador!

Kate Bosworth is making her singing debut – as the latest face of Cotton‘s “Fabric of My Life” campaign!

The 28-year-old actress is following in the footsteps of Zooey Deschanel and will sing the theme song in Cotton’s new TV ads, which will launch this Friday on major networks.

“We were looking for people from the movies who were really seen as young, female fashion leaders and Kate came to the forefront quite quickly with that kind of perspective,” Ric Hendee, senior vice president of consumer marketing for Cotton Inc., said (via WWD).

“[Kate] was in fact anxious [to sing] and she said this commercial will give her a chance to make her singing debut,” he added.

FYI: Kate is wearing JewelMint Oyster Earrings in the left Cotton ad.

Can’t wait to see and hear Kate as Cotton’s new ambassador!

kate bosworth cotton 01
kate bosworth cotton 02
kate bosworth cotton 03

ABC

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 713 » Show All

@Not bad: Where have you heard her sing?

KB didn’t go to the MET gala because she wasn’t invited to that or anything else relevant this year. That’s why her PR put out that story about Skars not wanting her to party so much.Why would she miss of those opportunities to showcase JewelMint?

KB went to the Met Gala last year when Gwyneth was expected to go……so it’s not her chickening out ….it’s her not being invited.

She’s desperate enough to pose topless but doesn’t show up for big events? She has a 5 minute part in that movie that according to blogs wrapped already.

She’s been GOOPed.

Btw, Straw Dogs will be in theatres as long as the Warrior’s Way. It might have been kinder for all that it went straight to dvd. If it had been any good it would have gone to Cannes, Tribeca, Sundance, Berlin or any of the other film festivals. Instead Lurie showed it to a community college.

@Brenda: she is practicing for her next audition with the mouth thing. She has to keep those muscles toned somehow

Keep it Up!! @ 05/03/2011 at 10:57 am

This post on Kate is going to make it to the top of the page soon. She looks stunning.

I thought the whole point in making it as an actors was not having to resort to commercials. Unless you’re like Drew Barrymore making bank….

I love how they try to make her seem important by calling her an “ambassador.” lol

Not exactly @ 05/03/2011 at 11:07 am

@BOOp: Depends on what you’re selling. You can’t bash this one, I loved Zooey’s cotton commercial. She has such a unique voice. The Cotton commercial has been about the song for some time now. I honestly think that if KB can actually sing well it will be great for her. Plus she looks good in these pics, she should try more often.

Well she’s gotta make money somehow and that whole acting thing doesn’t appear to be working out that great.

I wonder whose **** she sucked to get this job. The other ladies who have done this commercial have been singers (Zooey Deschanel, Colbie Callet, whoever the hell else), so why would they pick someone who isn’t one? No one outside of JJ even knows who she is.

she looks……..really hungry

@Not exactly: I wouldn’t put Zooey & Kate in the same stratosphere. Zooey actually has a great career as a respected actress & singer. Kate…not so much.

@Karen: Ha, that’s funny. She is very well known, it’s her boyfriend that is the unknown. It’s pretty obvious whose **** you want to suck.

When she made “Wonderland”, she recorded some music with Val Kilmer. She sounded ok, he was definitely the lead. It’ll be interesting to see – or rather, hear – her on her own.

Not exactly @ 05/03/2011 at 11:38 am

@BOOp: You may not, but unfortunately picking her is more about the fashion industry than the acting. They chose Zooey because she has a great voice, and the song makes the commercial.

LOOOOOL The day when Gwen and Orlando go to the MET here she is who can deny she has a business relationship .

@chelle:
You’re right and that is the saddest part.

Wonderland @ 05/03/2011 at 11:43 am

@@Not bad: Kate sang with Val Kilmer on “If you could read my mind”. Her singing ability surprised me, but its real soft not sure how she’ll sound in this commercial.

BigJohnson @ 05/03/2011 at 11:48 am

Kate Bosworth, shes so hit right now!

@MERRICK: You’re probably right about the invites dwindling, but I still maintain that she was invited to the Met Gala. Cher Coulter said she had three clients going, then she only tweeted about Rosie Huntington-whatever and Isla Fisher. I’m guessing Kate was the third, who then didn’t show. The reason I think this is, regardless of what most of us think of how she dresses and her jewelry, she is still acknowledged in the fashion industry. Her jewelry line has been profiled in InStyle and she was on the covers of Lucky and Nylon, with the jewelry noted. She was in an article in Elle with Olivier Theyskens, about his new Theory designs. It might be a joke to us, but in the fashion world, she still has some standing. That’s why this post and the Cotton thing are happening. I really think she would have at least been invited to the Met Gala. I mean, Kristen Bell was there. I love K-Bell, but still… She’s not A-list, either. Christina Ricci? What has she done lately, but there she was. Just my opinion.

@wow:

@wow
Are you a publicist for Big Sur, or just functionally retarded. Stop wasting space. Put all your comments in one message!

I haven’t laughed this hard in weeks!! she’s gone from a so-called fashion icon, to a so-called A-list in demand actress to an anorexic singing about cotton on tv??? This crap I’ve got to see!!!

@Di:
Zoe Saldana is the third

@Di:

The JewelMint backers pulled strings for those covers/spreads…prior to JM was she in any recent American magazines? I believe she did Italian(?) Vogue two years ago. Teue Fashion icons/ IT girls are featured just….because, not to hawk product. KB’s presence here and at other fashions blogs have more of an advertising quality rather than icon. Every place she’s featured now know exactly what she’s wearing and the cost. Real celebs/ fashion blogs usually try to identify what the people are wearing and they may even have a clue but not usually the brand, style and cost. That information was clearly made known by PR.

I truly don’t believe she was invited to the Met or any other big events recently. It’s not logical that she’s so desperate for relevancy that she does these pap set ups for little known blogs but chooses not to go to legitimate big events that will be shown in all the reputable magazines/site/ shows. She went to all the big parties event prior to last year. The fallout from CM was not felt at the 2010 Met Gala because she was already invited months before….like all the other events she attended early 2010. Notice what happened the latter half of 2010…no big events. She went to CK during fashion week because she has /had some kind of contract. She’s been conveniently out of town when the big events are happening. Curious for someone desperate enough to attention to pose topless.

Cher is one of her closest friends/ business partner and would have known if she was attending the Met Gala from the beginning. It makes no sense that Cher tweets about Coachella, fashion week and other events but was quiet about the Met. Tickets were sent MONTHS ago and I can’t believe that Cher wouldn’t have used such a prestigious even to try to hawk JewelMint. It’s not like she talked about it and Kate suddenly couldn’t go due to work constraints. People don’t blow off the Met Gala.

*One year, for instance, a certain jewelry designer reportedly pulled out of attending the gala at the last minute and Wintour made sure that no guests would wear the designer’s work on the red carpet.”

@chicca: Oh, thank you. @MERRICK: Well, I’ve been schooled. And I’m okay with it. I agree that Cher would have NOT SHUT UP about the Met Gala if Kate was going to go. She chattered a lot about Coachella. To which one BUYS tickets. So yeah, I see your points, about knowing what she’s wearing and where to get it, especially. Can’t WAIT to check out that NBC link! I love Anna Wintour for being such a vindictive c-word. As long as she’s never mad at ME.

Heartless @ 05/03/2011 at 1:08 pm

SAY IT ISN’T SO! I feel for the ears of Americans everywhere.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 713 » Show All