Katy Perry Covers 'Vanity Fair' June 2011

Katy Perry Covers 'Vanity Fair' June 2011

Katy Perry strikes a pose on the cover of Vanity Fair‘s June issue.

Here’s what the 26-year-old pop star shared with the mag:

On her career: “[It's] like an artichoke. People might think that the leaves are tasty and buttered up and delicious, and they don’t even know that there’s something magical hidden at the base of it. There’s a whole other side [of me] that people didn’t know existed.”

On her marriage to Russell Brand: “[There is] never a dull moment. [He has] never lied to me once. I trust him; there’s just a level of trust that we’ve built up.”

On their different views of religion: “I come from a very non-accepting family, but I’m very accepting. Russell is into Hinduism, and I’m not [really] involved in it. He meditates in the morning and the evening; I’m starting to do it more because it really centers me. [But] I just let him be him, and he lets me be me.”

For more of Katy‘s interview, check out VanityFair.com!

Bigger pic inside

katy perry vanity fair june 2011

Photos: Annie Leibovitz/Vanity Fair
Posted to: Katy Perry, Magazine

Christopher Polk/Getty

Spelling error! Lied not lived!

lexy hates bilson @ 05/03/2011 at 8:06 pm

She looks great!

When i first saw the thumbnail i that that this was Dita Von Teese!

I really wish she would find a way to promote herself that didn’t always involve her boobs.

pigbearman @ 05/03/2011 at 8:56 pm

she should get her own look, really. first, she stole zooey deschanel’s look, now she she’s biting off dita von teese’s look. girl has no personality, only boobs.

overexposed…all these “singers” in nowadays are just celebs, nothing more than that.

laverdadduele @ 05/03/2011 at 10:33 pm

“I trust him”…she’s up for a sad wake up call when that POS husband of hers cheats.

Katy is incredibly gorgeous. I love her. She’s really beautiful and a really sweet girl.

Love Katy Perry, very attractive and sexy.
Now she has to drop that ugly horse’s ass husband of hers, Russell Brand. It is unfortunate that she is as attractive as she is misguided with her poor taste in men. She should be with someone around her age not a guy who obviously can’t handle women around his age.

Love Katy Perry, very attractive and sexy.

Katy Perry has a healthy model figure that boasts an ample cleavage, fuller legs and a fuller backside. I just love her curves. She’s so shapely. She’s a great example to women around the country.

lilia mazunina @ 05/03/2011 at 11:29 pm

HEY, THIS’S THE REAL DITA VON TEESE ON THE COVER. LOL!
COPYING’S TOOOO BORING!

Not interesting

Adora Adams @ 05/03/2011 at 11:41 pm

She is HOT

She’s so full of herself: “I’m like an artichoke” haha…really? Then why does your music suck so bad? Go find that tasty middle soon please cuz all I’ve heard so far is pretty shallow

This biased article claims she said: “Growing up in a strict Christian household, she admitted: ‘I was always scared I was going to get bombed when I was there” What? Why would they be bombed? …Were they living in the Middle East? LOL! This article is very poor journalism.

Vain and beautiful! Katy captured the right look for a Vanity Fair cover girl.

anybody?anybody? @ 05/04/2011 at 12:45 pm

@tim: YES! with her head tilted down she looks just like Dita, whom I absolutely adore. But Katy needs to be taught how to answer questions. Some of her answers just left me confused. Like the religion question. It’s just horribly answered. If JJ hadn’t said it was Katy, I would’ve sworn it was Miley Cyrus. Or her kid sister, whichever has the worse grammar. So just get a tutor, Katy, to help with your verbal skills, which is kinda sad cuz even though I don’t like Katy as a musician, I do like her as a person. But looking hot, girl!! I want those boobs lol

I’m getting really tired of her posing with her boobs out ALL the time! Yes, she’s got nice boobs but does she really want them to be the focus in every picture?

love her boobs
hate her…

When will she go away? Seriously though

She showed her true colours at a recent Australian Television Awards show. Couldn’t put two notes together much to the disgust of the musicians in the orchestra. No musical ability whatsoever – all glitz, no substance. Oh well…