Henry Cavill: Engaged to Ellen Whitaker!

Henry Cavill: Engaged to Ellen Whitaker!

Henry Cavill and his girlfriend, British athlete Ellen Whitaker, are engaged, JustJared.com can confirm.

The 27-year-old Brit actor, who will star as Superman in a 2012 reboot of the superhero story, asked for Ellen‘s father’s permission before popping the question recently.

“The couple is extremely happy,” a rep for Henry told Just Jared.

FYI: Ellen is a successful show jumping rider and has taken home a bronze medal in the 2007 European Championships as part of the British equestrian team.

Congratulations to Henry and Ellen!!

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

Another one bites the dust, are there really no single men left in Hollywood anymore? Most of them are either married, gay or engaged.

Oh noes….I love him!!!!

Jenni "JWoww" Farley @ 05/04/2011 at 4:26 pm

Congratulations! I hope Henry Cavill will be the greatest Superman of all time.

Wishing them the best she does look cute since she isn’t in the movie business I think they have a good chance of making this work.

he’s cute wish them the best hope he doesn’t get superman career curse

Beautful مشكور على روووعه

WHY!!!!!!!!!!

No Henry, please no.

Attention @ 05/04/2011 at 4:55 pm

Please tell me he’s not really gay and doing this just before Superman is about to come out! Timing of this…a little suspicious, I might add.

Sweet News @ 05/04/2011 at 5:18 pm

@Attention: Oh, he’s 100% not gay but just in love hence his getting married? It’s hard to believe but there are straight men out there…..

His career is going great and maybe felt necessary to settle down with the woman he loves?

Please tell me your not gay (not that it really matters) and just wishful thinking that he is???? Not every star on this site has to be gay to be happy. Maybe, sometimes they are not hiding anything…

I say congrats, she’s beautiful. Not suspicious but perfect timing for both. I wish them luck.

He is an amazing man and I do wish them all the best at least Ellen isn’t an actress who wants all the attention for herself. Great couple he will be a fabulous Superman.

I’m devastated haha! Congrats to the happy couple

Cavill marries a NAME and $ @ 05/04/2011 at 5:54 pm

Cavill will marry an average girl looking just because her family is successful and well respected.

Good luck to this couple…..he might cheat on her a couple of times once he gets really famous and reaches stardom in Hollyweird.
She will forgive him…..I mean It’s Henry cavill, UK Superman right.

That is nice, But riding a horse does not make you an athlete. I have seen some pretty out of shape people be successful show jumpers. The house is the athlete.

lexy hates bilson @ 05/04/2011 at 6:26 pm

I love him!! Congrats to the couple!

@Attention:

This. I really thought he was straight until I read this. The timing is…telling. The last Superman had to get married after getting the role, too.

Cavill marries a NAME and $ @ 05/04/2011 at 6:45 pm

@Mike:

Still better than Bilson and /hayden christensen!!!

@Carey — I’m not sure about her not being interested in attention. She’s endorsed lots of riding-related products in the past – a video game, among others – and has announced the happy news on her website about five minutes after the proposal.
Also, apparently she’s been known to beat her horses; I don’t think I can get behind that.

Cavill marries a HORSE BEATER @ 05/04/2011 at 7:19 pm

She is well known to beat her horses and uses razor blades to make them obey .
She is a cruel brat.

I cannot believe he has been cheating on me with this chick?!

buuu no :( But I hope it works, it’s good she’s not a star, so maybe they can keep it low profile. I also like that she’s not a fake-bimbo.model

Congratulations to Henry and Ellen! Best wishes on their future together.

@ Tom

Equestrian is an Olympic sport so it is considered athletic she is in the Equestrian team in Britain.

@18

Unless there is physical proof or a suit brought against her for beating horses its speculation and hearsay. She isn’t a celebrity, she isn’t asking to be one by following Henry all over the place putting herself in the public eye, Actually as of now she wasn’t endorsing perfume, Jewelry, clothing line or a dumb Ice cream commercial. If she was trying to ride his coat tails into a celebrity life she would be all over this and really she isn’t.

@ Jime

I agree she isn’t any fake actress or model in HW it seems they have kept a low profile they are not competing with one another for fame. Reason I think it will work out for them.

Horse beater or not, she’s definitely shady to me.

Henry NEVER talks about his private life, and how do we hear about his relationship with Ellen to begin with, and then their subsequent engagement? Via Ellen’s website. If that doesn’t make you suspicious, IDK what will!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All