Jordin Sparks: 'I Am Woman' First Listen!

Jordin Sparks: 'I Am Woman' First Listen!

Scope out Jordin Sparks‘ latest single “I Am Woman,” available at iTunes May 10.

“I just turned 21, I’m breaking out and the world is my canvas!” she explained. “The song is for me and all the young women who are discovering who they are and are proud of it!”

The Grammy-nominated singer will perform “I Am Woman” on American Idol May 12. The song was produced and co-written by One Republic’s Ryan Tedder, who also produced her Top 10 pop hit “Battlefield”.

Jordin will also join as a special guest on the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys North American summer tour beginning May 25.

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

I turned 21 myself recently and I think it makes women such as myself increasingly comfortable with themselves and their desires.

Every day now I discover something new. Go through phases in which I feel much more in touch with my feminine side, in ways I never thought possible. I’m letting my desires speak as loud as they can. I’m loving it! I feel like more of a woman now. It definitely makes me feel so much sexier than ever before.

I want to send a message that I’m an ordinary girl who’s struggled to find herself like everyone else, but I’ve finally figured out who I am now. It’s so liberating.

This Idol has major snore factor. Meh

Go Jordin! @ 05/06/2011 at 4:15 pm

I’m loving this! Her best song! Excited for that Idol performance

Jordin, we get it. You lost weight.

WTH is this? Ick her voice sounds so harsh. So the snare drum line beat is the new thing?

Awsome song!!! love Jordin Sparks!!!!!

That song is torturous. Is she gonna go around yelling how much weight she lost like that other one?

Idol doing Weight Watchers? Done before!

Piglatin Juggaling @ 05/06/2011 at 6:11 pm

I was so mad when Jacob got voted off… So I went online and looked for an automatic American Idol voting system and I found one that can get in 20 votes every 5 minutes. It’s insane!

If you guys want to check it out, here’s the link:
autoamericanidolvoting.blogspot.com

People don’t like her because she is a nice girl and not a ****. You have to pretend to be a ***** and a Lesbo these days to be accepted by music fans.

lovelydee @ 05/06/2011 at 7:06 pm

I’m actually liking it.

feeling it, better than beyonce ‘Girls’ song, funny beyonce she be singing ‘women’ not girls

honestly I can see that she is putting more emphasis on the production aspect, but I think her strength lies in her vocals.

brainy box @ 05/07/2011 at 5:32 am

A WOMAN!!!! THEN WHAT WAS SHE BEFORE? A MAN!!!!!

iloverealmusic @ 05/07/2011 at 11:15 am

i love this song, but it was PRODUCED by the amazing PRODUCER from LONDON name INFLO i think he works with ryan tedder 90% of the time they done marching on and the world i new together also . they make great music together please keep them coming !!!

@brainy box: brainy box….you cannot be serious? Jordin was only 17 when she won American Idol, so it is very clear she was a girl! Now I feel foolish for EVEN answering such a stupid comment! You go Jordin Sparks I cannot wait until Thursday night on Idol to see you perform this track. I will purchase this on iTunes on Tuesday as well….Check out Jordin singing “The World I Knew” from African Cats it is such a pleasant sounding song.

“It ain’t easy walkin’ in these stilletos, but somebody gotta do it!” haha love that line.

the lyrics are ridiculous

Obrin the J.SPARKS biggest fan @ 05/09/2011 at 7:21 pm

Très bon son et surtout accrocheur pour notre plus grand plaisir..
Jordin, the best for ever. I love her and her music.

Lisa Lloyd @ 05/19/2011 at 12:33 pm

It’s starts off a complete mess, but it gets okay toward the end. Still nowhere from where the songs she used to sing.