Ricky Martin: 'I'm Gay and I'm Very Happy'

Ricky Martin: 'I'm Gay and I'm Very Happy'

Ricky Martin stops by The Tonight Show to chat with Jay Leno in an episode airing on Tuesday (May 3).

Here are a few highlights from the 39-year-old singer’s interview:

On being a sex symbol while keeping his sexuality under wraps: “Being Ricky Martin and what Ricky Martin represented back then and what I was feeling was not very compatible at all. I was the sex symbol and I needed to dance and I needed to make girls crazy and I couldn’t say that I was gay…I’m very lucky to say today to say that I’m gay and I’m very happy and I love it and that’s it!”

On his advice to people who haven’t come out of the closet yet: “I just tell people to take care of themselves and focus on dignity and self esteem and look at yourself in the mirror and say, “I love you, everything is cool.”

The day before, Ricky attended the Lakers game at Staples Center and watched the home team take on the Dallas Mavericks.

Ricky Martin on The Tonight Show, Part I

10+ pictures inside of Ricky appearing on The Tonight Show and attending the Lakers game…

Ricky Martin on The Tonight Show, Part II

Posted to: Ricky Martin

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

washed up old has been go away.

dance, dance, dance! @ 05/06/2011 at 6:32 pm

Ricky Martin “Mas” official video:

WHAT? 0.0
now thats something i didnt see coming

Ricardo Gomez @ 05/06/2011 at 6:40 pm

Who cares what this old nasty self-hating Puerto queen has to say. If he keeps saying it it is obviously not true because he sounds like he is trying to convince who? HIMSELF! He used the sperm of a white anglo man and the eggs of a white anglo woman because he was afraid his twins would look TOO PUERTORICAN like JLO”S ugly little SPICLETTS! He is sad and pathetic and felt that he could only validate himself by having white children that belong to other people.

@Ricardo Gomez: YOU are pathetic!

Ricky has sweet kids, boyfriend, big family and great life :)

Ricardo Gomez @ 05/06/2011 at 6:48 pm

@Tina: Shut up you ugly sl.ut!

Good to see he is happy with his sexuality and everything that is happening in his life.

Shaking my bon-bon @ 05/06/2011 at 7:44 pm

Don’t miss Ricky’s Musica+Alma+Sexo Tour, his concerts are fantastic!

freakyboy @ 05/06/2011 at 8:40 pm

oh enough already!like as tho that’s the most important thing in life now!

Ricardo Gomez: you are a horrid person, I pity whoever has to live with your bs.

Also, you must be kidding about Ricky using someone else’s sperm? Have you seen photos of Ricky as a baby/toddler? His boys are his spitting image.

You are a hateful embarrassment. Ugh.

I loved him since I was four, and I still love him loads and loads

haha Ricky we have known that since 1999!! Love him though!!!

brainy box @ 05/07/2011 at 5:24 am

BORING!!!! ELLEN DEGENERES IS MUCH BETTER THAN HIM!!!!

OMG WHO CARES! He’s gay, so what!

LOVE RICKY !!!

what a fraud?

if you’re gay than just say you’re gay. Why lie to a bunch of horny girls hahha

Ricky Martin, if you’re reading this, GOOD ON YOU for spreading a positive message. You’re a wonderful human being and you have been true to yourself and done a lot of good work.

he looks old now old gay man are so creepy ewwww poor kids.