Bear Jarecki: Alicia Silverstone's Son!

Bear Jarecki: Alicia Silverstone's Son!

Alicia Silverstone gave birth to son Bear Blu Jarecki late last week, JustJared.com can confirm.

The 34-year-old Clueless actress and 40-year-old husband Christopher Jarecki welcomed their first child, who weighed in at 7 lbs., 15 oz., on Thursday (May 5).

“Mom and Dad are completely in love [with their] beautiful baby boy,” Alicia‘s rep said in a statement to People.

The happy couple dated for eight years before tying the knot in June 2005 in Lake Tahoe. A big congrats to Alicia and Christopher!

Credit: Kevin Winter; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Alicia Silverstone, Bear Jarecki, Christopher Jarecki

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

constancej @ 05/09/2011 at 4:54 pm

oh my. horrible name!

Congratulations! I’m a new mother myself and I highly recommend having children. My hips are bigger…my breasts are bigger. I’m loving it! I feel like more of a woman now. It definitely makes me feel so much sexier than ever before.

Sean Dignam @ 05/09/2011 at 5:02 pm

I hope Alicia Silverstone does more mainstream movies from now on. During the 1990s, I thought that she had a promising career ahead of her but it doesn’t seem like she ever lived up to her promise sadly. She is an underrated actress and should have joined the A-list years ago. So, I hope that she does more major films, tries to reach her full potential as an actress and tries to win an Oscar.

bear?? how stupid! kid’s gonna grow up and hate his name

why BEAR ???????????
come on people!!! think in the future of your children before put these stupid names

ouch! even my fat old hairy uncle gets offended when we call him Bear.

@Jenna: happy your hips are bigger? good for you.

Morrocan, naming a boy Meredith, now Bear. What a week to be born.

poor kid has a psycho hippie mom and now a hippie name… its a shame, theres no chance

commonsense @ 05/09/2011 at 5:36 pm

@Jenna: Listen if you love motherhood, great! But being a mother is not for everyone, I really hate the implied judgement in your gushing statements. Maybe that’s not how you meant it but that’s how it comes across.

sourpatch575 @ 05/09/2011 at 5:43 pm

Another BEAR?!?!
BETTER DRINK MY OWN PISS! :D

I Like the Name @ 05/09/2011 at 5:53 pm

I actually know a guy named Bear and I think it’s cute but maybe I’m used to it? Better than Morrocan or whatever that stupid name was.

Wow, that’s a long ass time to date before getting married! Congrats to them.

lexy hates bilson @ 05/09/2011 at 6:05 pm

That’s good news for her and her husband!

Bear is not that uncommon in England..i know three guys with that name and best of all my nephew is called Bear. Its not hippyish,its a strong name..good for them. My nephew has never been teased about his name and he is now 15.. most people love it.

Why do celebrities give such crappy names to their kids…..I could not imagine naming my baby that awful name….geez.

Just love it when Mom and Dad have normal nice names and the give their kid a freak name. I wish she would get the huge mole on her forehead removes. it skeeves me out.

Her eco friendly nature & veganess.prompted her to pick Bear Blu for her baby boy… sounds organic….Poor kid will grow up being teased for his name. Maybe not he grows up to big and strong like a BEAR.

@Jenna: you’re retarded.

and that is the dumbest name for what is for sure going to be one gorgeous kid. congrats to alicia and her husband! hope they reconsider that name.

Trying to top Mariah Carey? Ugh horrible name.

Aww, yay.

stupid idiots what kind of a ****** names their child after an animal???????? Wow I wonder if she’ll name her next child pigeon beige or some other dumb name.

siennagold @ 05/10/2011 at 6:28 am

What’s with all the weird celebrity kids names?! This Bear Blu name is absolutely horrible!!!

Haha. You guys are hilarious, but Jenna didn’t make up that statement. It’s what dumbass Miranda Kerr said a few months ago, when asked about how she felt about motherhood.

But anyway, I don’t even know why I was surprised when hearing the name. It’s seems to be the norm for celebrities to give their children awful names. She obviously hasn’t put any thought into her son’s future. Lol.