Ashton Kutcher Joining 'Two and a Half Men'

Ashton Kutcher Joining 'Two and a Half Men'

Ashton Kutcher has inked a deal to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men, reports THR.

The hit CBS sitcom creator, Chuck Lorre, has crafted a storyline to introduce Ashton, 33, in a way that satisfies the network and studio.

“It’s really funny,” a source said. “People are going to love it, Chuck‘s really happy.”

Ashton will be making between $800,000 and $900,000 per episode, according to TMZ. Charlie used to make a base salary of $1.25 million per episode.

In February, CBS and Warner Bros decided to stop production on Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Ashton in Two and a Half Men?

Valerie Macon/Getty

Just put a fork in it, it’s done.

I think Ashton is a cool guy, but come on now smh horrible choice

Wow downgrade

Wronggg; Ashton doesn’t suit 2& A Half Man!

Wronggg; Ashton doesn’t suit 2& A Half Man!

Wronggg; Ashton doesn’t suit 2& A Half Man!

lexy hates bilson @ 05/12/2011 at 10:43 pm

I thought it was Hugh Grant?? I don’t think Ashton is interested in this job…not sure Hugh Grant is either. The show has run it’s course. Just let it end.

NO WAY! i will never watch it again
NEVER

Dear Chuck Lorre:
With all due respect, Charlie Sheen is irreplaceable, I want to think you cast Kutcher for another show.

Atte.
Two and a Half Men biggest Fan

Well at least he now has a job to justify his celeb status. Now if he just learns to act…

offtheproperty @ 05/12/2011 at 10:51 pm

Phone-E

I don’t know why Ashton gets a bad rap. Yeah he was annoying on Punk’d but he’s not a bad actor and he’s way easier to look at than meth mouth

the ratings will sink like titanic

So what is he going to play Kelso 10 years later? Yawn.

Other site are repotting Hugh Grant joining Two and a Half Men Hugh would be a better chose Aston would just put the nail in the head of coffin.

He is getting a ton of money

that should keep Demi in his bed for awhile

The Best is Donny @ 05/13/2011 at 12:08 am

Donny Osmond is the best choice not Ashton Kutcher.

Um, NO! He is not funny at all.

Oh my, what a big mistake..they’d be far better off canning the show….this dude is NOT funny and his voice and personality are totally annoying…

Charlie Sheen played himself on the show which is what made it so great. Ashton Kucher will have to act to play what he is not. The show is done. It is nothing without Charlie.

laverdadduele @ 05/13/2011 at 12:32 am

I think it’s a great idea. The storyline could be that Michael Kelso is the long lost cousin of Alan and Charlie that comes back to live with them.

Just say no @ 05/13/2011 at 12:34 am

I don’t see this working. Will his granny aka his wife do a guest spot as his granny?

his mama got him that job. well at least he finally has one! he is such a kid character and least Charlie was manly.

I can see it now, he gonna play so long lost relative and well its over!

thatmannnn @ 05/13/2011 at 12:53 am

@laverdadduele:you’re forgetting….no CHARLIE! my guess is that they’ll just kill off charlie by like over drinking or something and have kutcher just play a cousin that inherits his house or something

Moses Ashford @ 05/13/2011 at 1:03 am

I hope that they finally cancel this series. I am bored of it. Charlie Sheen had such a promising career and I am so disappointed to see the direction that his life and career has gone. He has done some great movies in his time such as Wall Street (1987), The Three Musketeers (1993), The Arrival (1996), Shadow Conspiracy (1997), Postmortem (1998), etc. I always wanted him to just do mainstream movies, particularly serious films and dramas, try to reach his full potential as an actor, join the A-list and try to win an Oscar. But now I have just given up on him. He hasn’t surpassed his father, Martin Sheen who still gets better roles and does bigger movies and he has become the laughing stock of Hollywood.

One of the following recognisable actors with comedic experience should replace Charlie Sheen as the new lead:
Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Simon Pegg, Eddie Izzard, Rowan Atkinson, Owen Wilson, Jack Black, Rob Schneider, Jeremy Piven, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, John Goodman, Billy Connolly, Danny DeVito, Robin Williams, George Lopez, John Cleese, Steve Coogan.

He’s too young! and I love Ashton but this is a bad move. So not winning :/

it'smeagainmargaret @ 05/13/2011 at 3:15 am

Oh Mr Lorre, just let it go, all the fans have given up on it already, you need to accept that this one is over.

Wow, what a horrible choice. I might’ve take a glance at the show if Hugh Grant got the job, but that’ll never happen with Ashton.

Sheen is an idiot. I think you should at least TRY Ashton as he doesn’t seem to be “winning” lately.

brainy box @ 05/13/2011 at 6:13 am

WTF!!!!! HE IS WAY TOO HANDSOME TO REPLACE CHARLIE SHEEN!!!!!! JUST DUMP THE SHOW ALREADY!!!!!

Raveonette @ 05/13/2011 at 6:55 am

I’m shocked that both Ashton and Hugh were both eyeing for roles. Aren’t they too…famous to be downgrading to some CBS sitcom?

OMG please NO NO NO NO

I like Ashton Kutcher but I truly think all this crap about Sheen will taint the show. They need just to cancel it and go on. Kutcher is a good actor but the show needs to end. It will never be able to get over this Sheen issue. To much water underneath that bridge.

cherysh bradette @ 05/13/2011 at 8:24 am

i think ashton is hot hot hot and a hell of a lot better looking than charlie. more believable that he could get all those women. cause demi is better looking than all of charlie women in real life even. hope its true ill even make a point of watching it!!!!! cant wait.

CBS might as well just canceled the show now if Ashton is going to be in it.

Hugh Grant pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze

It will be nice to see two and a half men back on the air,but why Ashton,it would seem that CBS would be replacing charlie with someone who could bring in the ratings they need to keep the prograqm on the air.It will be a trial period for about the first 4 weeks to see if the fans will like him (Ashton) on the show at all,but with Two and a half men,thr fans will let everyone know weather they like Ashton on the show or not.,I myself will watch and give my own personal review for his PREMIERE on the show,and by the way I am not a cerified reviewer,I just on the occation of someone new like to put in my TWO CENTS WORTH,to let people know how I either LIKED or DISLIKED a program,this will be my first in many years,so bewere I may give 2 thumbs up or 2 thumbs down,we will see what transpires.

Nooo, he just going to suck =/ Kutcher was only funny as the That’s 70′s Show moron…

just make your piece with Charlie and lets be done with it.

If these “men” really want this show to succeed they need to put their egos in check an just bring Charlie Sheen back.

This makes NO sense. Kutcher is not right for this show in any form.

And no—I won’t watch —at all. Yes..I will watch Sheen if he lands anoher role on anaother show…because he really is talented.

CHARLIE MAY HAVE PERSONAL ISSUES, BUT HE MADE THE SHOW. ASHTON IS AN INSULT TO THE SHOW, YUK. I WILL NOT WATCH WITHOUT OUR MAN CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!

I cant think of any show that was still good after replacing a character. Plus, Ashton is a ****** douche actor.

I died a little inside as a fan. a adolescent for the ””winning”” charlie? I anticipate a misplacement of every joke. the show is over, give it up CBS, everybody screwed up big time.

Great! I usually don’t watch sitcoms, but this one is so funny. I think it’s great to put a fresh face in the show. Sheen has gone off the deep end. I look forward to Ashton.

spacemanjoe @ 05/15/2011 at 11:33 pm

At this point they’d have to pay me exorbitant sums of money just to get me to watch this piece of **** show, with or without Charlie Sheen.

We all just got PUNKED! xD

Ashton’s biggest claim to fame is bagging Bruce Willis’ ex-wife. Punk’d was lamer than lame, and he was the weakest actor on “That 70′s Show”. He’s a face with no talent to speak of, and even less of a future if he dumb enough to try replacing an insane genius like Sheen.

Lorre should do what’s right for the show, and make peace with the one person on Earth who can make this series viable again.

But, in all likelihood, Kutchner is going to be riding the show all the way down the drain, and with any luck, it will take his ‘career’ with it.

They should just have made this season with charlie sheen and then stopped the show…

NO!!! I want Charlie Sheen. :D

CindeeCooperMiniPeiPeiKitty @ 10/06/2011 at 1:00 am

Ashton’s character is too dumb. Where does he go from there? He’s not funny at all. The Jesus look has got to go too. Only bright spot on show is Jake and Alan. Berta moving in bad idea. Doesn’t feel the same . Charlie was the spark, a natural.