Ashton Kutcher Joining 'Two and a Half Men'

Ashton Kutcher Joining 'Two and a Half Men'

Ashton Kutcher has inked a deal to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men, reports THR.

The hit CBS sitcom creator, Chuck Lorre, has crafted a storyline to introduce Ashton, 33, in a way that satisfies the network and studio.

“It’s really funny,” a source said. “People are going to love it, Chuck‘s really happy.”

Ashton will be making between $800,000 and $900,000 per episode, according to TMZ. Charlie used to make a base salary of $1.25 million per episode.

In February, CBS and Warner Bros decided to stop production on Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Ashton in Two and a Half Men?

ABC

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All
Moses Ashford @ 05/13/2011 at 1:03 am

I hope that they finally cancel this series. I am bored of it. Charlie Sheen had such a promising career and I am so disappointed to see the direction that his life and career has gone. He has done some great movies in his time such as Wall Street (1987), The Three Musketeers (1993), The Arrival (1996), Shadow Conspiracy (1997), Postmortem (1998), etc. I always wanted him to just do mainstream movies, particularly serious films and dramas, try to reach his full potential as an actor, join the A-list and try to win an Oscar. But now I have just given up on him. He hasn’t surpassed his father, Martin Sheen who still gets better roles and does bigger movies and he has become the laughing stock of Hollywood.

One of the following recognisable actors with comedic experience should replace Charlie Sheen as the new lead:
Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Simon Pegg, Eddie Izzard, Rowan Atkinson, Owen Wilson, Jack Black, Rob Schneider, Jeremy Piven, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, John Goodman, Billy Connolly, Danny DeVito, Robin Williams, George Lopez, John Cleese, Steve Coogan.

He’s too young! and I love Ashton but this is a bad move. So not winning :/

it'smeagainmargaret @ 05/13/2011 at 3:15 am

Oh Mr Lorre, just let it go, all the fans have given up on it already, you need to accept that this one is over.

Wow, what a horrible choice. I might’ve take a glance at the show if Hugh Grant got the job, but that’ll never happen with Ashton.

Sheen is an idiot. I think you should at least TRY Ashton as he doesn’t seem to be “winning” lately.

brainy box @ 05/13/2011 at 6:13 am

WTF!!!!! HE IS WAY TOO HANDSOME TO REPLACE CHARLIE SHEEN!!!!!! JUST DUMP THE SHOW ALREADY!!!!!

Raveonette @ 05/13/2011 at 6:55 am

I’m shocked that both Ashton and Hugh were both eyeing for roles. Aren’t they too…famous to be downgrading to some CBS sitcom?

OMG please NO NO NO NO

I like Ashton Kutcher but I truly think all this crap about Sheen will taint the show. They need just to cancel it and go on. Kutcher is a good actor but the show needs to end. It will never be able to get over this Sheen issue. To much water underneath that bridge.

cherysh bradette @ 05/13/2011 at 8:24 am

i think ashton is hot hot hot and a hell of a lot better looking than charlie. more believable that he could get all those women. cause demi is better looking than all of charlie women in real life even. hope its true ill even make a point of watching it!!!!! cant wait.

CBS might as well just canceled the show now if Ashton is going to be in it.

Hugh Grant pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze

It will be nice to see two and a half men back on the air,but why Ashton,it would seem that CBS would be replacing charlie with someone who could bring in the ratings they need to keep the prograqm on the air.It will be a trial period for about the first 4 weeks to see if the fans will like him (Ashton) on the show at all,but with Two and a half men,thr fans will let everyone know weather they like Ashton on the show or not.,I myself will watch and give my own personal review for his PREMIERE on the show,and by the way I am not a cerified reviewer,I just on the occation of someone new like to put in my TWO CENTS WORTH,to let people know how I either LIKED or DISLIKED a program,this will be my first in many years,so bewere I may give 2 thumbs up or 2 thumbs down,we will see what transpires.

Nooo, he just going to suck =/ Kutcher was only funny as the That’s 70′s Show moron…

just make your piece with Charlie and lets be done with it.

If these “men” really want this show to succeed they need to put their egos in check an just bring Charlie Sheen back.

This makes NO sense. Kutcher is not right for this show in any form.

And no—I won’t watch —at all. Yes..I will watch Sheen if he lands anoher role on anaother show…because he really is talented.

CHARLIE MAY HAVE PERSONAL ISSUES, BUT HE MADE THE SHOW. ASHTON IS AN INSULT TO THE SHOW, YUK. I WILL NOT WATCH WITHOUT OUR MAN CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!

I cant think of any show that was still good after replacing a character. Plus, Ashton is a ****** douche actor.

I died a little inside as a fan. a adolescent for the ””winning”” charlie? I anticipate a misplacement of every joke. the show is over, give it up CBS, everybody screwed up big time.

Great! I usually don’t watch sitcoms, but this one is so funny. I think it’s great to put a fresh face in the show. Sheen has gone off the deep end. I look forward to Ashton.

spacemanjoe @ 05/15/2011 at 11:33 pm

At this point they’d have to pay me exorbitant sums of money just to get me to watch this piece of **** show, with or without Charlie Sheen.

We all just got PUNKED! xD

Ashton’s biggest claim to fame is bagging Bruce Willis’ ex-wife. Punk’d was lamer than lame, and he was the weakest actor on “That 70′s Show”. He’s a face with no talent to speak of, and even less of a future if he dumb enough to try replacing an insane genius like Sheen.

Lorre should do what’s right for the show, and make peace with the one person on Earth who can make this series viable again.

But, in all likelihood, Kutchner is going to be riding the show all the way down the drain, and with any luck, it will take his ‘career’ with it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All