Alexander Skarsgard & Kate Bosworth: 'Straw Dogs' Trailer!

Alexander Skarsgard & Kate Bosworth: 'Straw Dogs' Trailer!

Check out the trailer for Alexander Skarsgard, Kate Bosworth, and James Marsden‘s new film, Straw Dogs!

Synopsis: “L.A. screenwriter David Sumner (Marsden) relocates with his wife (Bosworth) to her hometown in the deep South. There, while tensions build between them, a brewing conflict with locals becomes a threat to them both.”

Alex, who met Kate on the set of the thriller, takes on the role of her boyfriend from high school.

The film, out September 16, also includes Entourage‘s Rhys Coiro and is a remake of the 1971 film starring Dustin Hoffman.

WILL YOU WATCH Alex, Kate, and James in Straw Dogs?

Straw Dogs Trailer

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 79 » Show All
James Silver @ 05/14/2011 at 9:52 am

A Superman Returns reunion!
It is disappointing that they did not show more of James Woods who should do more mainstream movies like he used to (he’s only seen in the background at 1.46).

Katarzyna @ 05/14/2011 at 9:53 am

Heheh, good one :)
I don’t think I will see this though as this is not my kind of movie, you know :)

Woooo! Straw Dogs is going to be huge! I’ll be going on opening night with all my girls! Hahah.. freakin’ fantastic, can’t wait! Here come the girls! (Girls, Girls, Girls, Girls) OH YEAH BABY!!! :)
treated myself to a thai massage today and am still giggling over the female masseuse’s major fascination by my BIG beautiful butt hahha… It’s mesmerising!

Billy boombastic @ 05/14/2011 at 9:55 am

Ill be there opening morning…….for dvd release.

See wat I did thur

it'smeagainmargaret @ 05/14/2011 at 10:00 am

No, I refuse to watch any movie that glorifies the rape and sodomy of a woman.

Reminds me of the movie “The strangers” looks good

I hope that Kate gets her well-deserved Oscar !!!! She is so talented and hard working and hottest woman alive !!!!

I can’t do these kind of movies. Too much angst, too much violence and I’ll miss the denouement because of it, just can’t watch that. :(

Didn’t Alex practice a southern accent for this role, it doesn’t even sound like he has an accent at all.

Peanut Gallery @ 05/14/2011 at 10:39 am

Just the start of the promo for this. Pass me a beer to wash down the nuts!

The original movie was instense.

I am NOT into this either..for many reasons. The main one being –
ASkars and his gf Bos …too over-exposed. I cannot watch now –without thinking of the pix of them covering their faces, etc and being annoyed by cameras.

He’s loss cred to me. Msytic. Actors should be low key and try as much as possible to keep that personal life—personal.

@Dieter: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH………………….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

@it’smeagainmargaret: Well that’s it. Alex has received pretty good reviews for this, but I still don’t to watch it.
That and the acting black hole that is the lead actress.

It looks like a pretty good thriller

Nope, this movie looks mediocre to me and I’ll never pay money to see Bonesworth ruin a movie.

it'smeagainmargaret @ 05/14/2011 at 10:47 am

Anyone that wants to discuss Alex, TB or even this disgusting movie SD come on over to this thread

Give Alex and the posts that are just about him the numbers they deserve, don’t waste them on this, let Dieter and Hans handle it.

BigJohnson @ 05/14/2011 at 10:48 am

Wow, Kate looks hotter then ever, yes she does. Love the hot pants, very fiting for the hot lady that she is.

Odd trailer. Skars looks mean and threatening in the face but when he speaks, the anger/hatred isn’t there in his voice. Also the ‘This was his end,’ This was his beginning’ stuff is kind of weird. I like Skars a lot, am indifferent to Bos, but HATE Bosgard and all the crap that has gone with that. I won’t see this in the theater, maybe rent through Netflix.

Poor Alex hes just some status symbol for Kate Bosworth.

@iv league:

As a person that has seen the movie, then James Woods is the angry one… won’t say any more… :-P

@Dieter: Isn’t it a bit early in the morning to be sniffing glue?

Can’t stand the Katewhatabitch, but I think I will watch it just for Alex & James. ( Kate isn’t what we call an actress, right ? )

I kinda thought they would put a different spin on the original story (which I didn’t love to begin with) but it seems like they just put the story in a different locale. Then why remake it in the first place?

@Hans:

Interesting. I watched the original SD out of curiosity and really really liked it. The original Charlie is actually quite pleasant (with a few exceptions of course) but they seemed to be doing a different take here. I’m curious to see the different take but not until it’s been out on DVD for a while because I refuse to monetarily support the Bosgard PR nonsense.

It’s interesting that the still of Kate above makes it clear that she isn’t even enticing bra-less. Which kind of kills the underpinning of the movie. But we knew that from the Fiasco down Mexico Way. Skars will probably be good, as will Woods and some of the other surrounding characters, but not enough to make the movie successful. Hope it helps his overall portfolio.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 79 » Show All