Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard heats up the June 2011 cover of GQ, on newsstands May 24.

Here’s what the 34-year-old True Blood star shared in the “Here Comes The Viking” cover feature:

On his dad, Stellan, who’s also an actor: “I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion … Maybe it was a way to get his attention. I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”

On life in L.A. and the entertainment industry: “Hollywood can be like kids playing marbles on the schoolyard. Everybody wants the shiny marble until one kid says he doesn’t. Then nobody will touch it. So it’s important that I make good decisions now.”

Straw Dogs director Rod Lurie on co-stars and real-life couple Alexander and Kate Bosworth: “In the beginning [of filming the rape scene], Kate would be crying after every take and Alex would try to comfort her. By the end, everybody got really raw.”

For more of Alexander‘s interview, check out GQ.com!

FYI: Alex is wearing an IWC Pilot’s Watch Mark XVI and Dockers‘ SF Tapered Khaki.

alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 01
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 02
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 03

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All

jared your handsome as alexander s , and me handsome like leo dicaprio
;-)

…it’s all about the second photo

plus….Kate crying after every take? ….actually sounds quite worrying..like she shouldn’t even have signed up for it.

HOT BUT CHANGE THE SHIRTS @ 05/17/2011 at 7:14 am

He’s hot but he really needs to stop wear such tight fitted shirts. It just draws attention to his slender upper body and also they make him look feminine. But it was probably the stylist’s fault not his.

Swedish-American Girl @ 05/17/2011 at 7:16 am

““I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion … Maybe it was a way to get his attention. I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”
———————————————–
AWWWW This made me sad to read. His dad traveled a lot when he was young and he didn’t get to see much of him. He mostly raised by his mom. But atleast he got some great tallness from his dad. ;]

Too much jean kills the jean….and the Alex..lol

Come on, why not naked, who gives a sh@t about clothes..lol

I’m loooooving the pic in the white tank – he looks so manly. YUMMMMMERS

Woooooh. Someone needs to air it out. It’s too hot in here!

“In the beginning [of filming the rape scene], Kate would be crying after every take and Alex would try to comfort her. By the end, everybody got really raw.” —— OMG I’m no KB fan but I feel sorry for any girl put in that position. She shouldn’t have taken that role. That could be fcukin traumatic for anyone.

JJ NEEDS SPOILER ALERT WARNING @ 05/17/2011 at 7:25 am

Askars just gave a way a HUGE part of the movie which I wouldn’t have minded if JJ would have given us a warning. It wasn’t clear that there would be a rape scene. But now we all know. Talk about needing a SPOILER ALERT, JJ. How unprofessional to write up this post and not even warn your readers.

So he basically just admitted his daddy was a only a paycheck father during a larger part of his childhood. A lot of people have mentioned this before but I guess now we know it’s true. That sucks cuz my dad was the same way – he financially supported us but was never around. He’s gotta have some resentment for his dad. No doubt about it. But hopefully it will only serve him to be a better dad if he ever should have kids. LOVE YA, ASKARS.

Dang I gotta admit even I feel kinda bad for Kate after reading the rape scenes made her cry. And trust me I’m no fan of hers. Must have been super akward and tense. And I also think JJ shoulda put a SPOILER WARNING.

Can’t believe he went into acting just to get some attention from his dad. That’s super sad and makes me just feel bad for him. Sniff sniff. Chin up, sweetheart.

Alishia S. @ 05/17/2011 at 7:34 am

@Great second pic: “Great second pic but third pic with that blue denim shirt is awful – he looks a a gay James Dean.” ——> BWAHAHAHAHA SO TRUE. I thought exactly the same thing. Gay.James.Dean.

i loved Stellan in POTC but i have to admit this interview doesn’t exactly make him look good. it makes him sound like a distant cold man who put his career over his own family. i’m sure they love each other but it doesn’t help his dad’s image.

if yo dont want to be alexander ok take pen badgley

THEY SEEM CLOSE @ 05/17/2011 at 7:40 am

Alex never said his dad was a deadbeat – he just said his career required a lot of traveling. I can see how Stellan might look bad b/c he married a much younger woman who could be his daughter after impregnating her and he badmouthed the author of Angels and Demons after co-starring in the second movie. But I’m sure that now they have a good relationship. They seem to have gotten closer as Alex got older.

Sounds like they had to film that scene over and over and over.

Jacqui in Miami @ 05/17/2011 at 7:43 am

I’m sorry but I get a major DOUCH vibe from Stellan Skarsgard. I don’t think it’s ‘the haters’ that say he’s a douche. I just think a lot of people genuinely think he is. Even Jimmy Fallon said on his TV show ”WHO THE HELZ DOES THIS MAN THINK HE IS – HE AIN’T EVEN FAMOUS IN THE U.S.” after Stellan began talking crap about the Angels/Demon author.

Peanut Gallery @ 05/17/2011 at 7:50 am

Nom,nom. Pass me a beer…. & a Skarsgard

Natalie Portman diss @ 05/17/2011 at 7:50 am

I’m a PF forum poster and even though it’s not the popular thing to say I always felt like Askar’s dad was cold and pompous and had a cruel streak in him. He did a movie with Natalie Portman and during an interview he was asked what it was like to work with her. He said how he thought Natalie Portman is beautiful and talented but too bad she’s a vegetarian and how he lost respect for her or something like that. How condescending. I mean, how is her diet any business of his and why talk about it publicly. If you don’t agree with her lifestyle choices just shut up. You can look it up online.

GREAT NEW INTERVIEW @ 05/17/2011 at 7:55 am

Wow – this interview is soooo much better than all the other cookie cutter ones he’s done in the past with the same recycled stuff over and over. I’m actually INTERESTED in reading it this time. : }

Alessandra @ 05/17/2011 at 8:00 am

looking great in white tank pic but the other two look kinda gayish

Something good came of it @ 05/17/2011 at 8:02 am

Well if it wasn’t for his dad being a paycheck daddy who was never around then Askars wouldn’t have gotten into acting in order to get some love and attention from him and we wouldn’t have the Askars we have today ….. So let’s look at the bright side okay ….. LOL

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All