Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard heats up the June 2011 cover of GQ, on newsstands May 24.

Here’s what the 34-year-old True Blood star shared in the “Here Comes The Viking” cover feature:

On his dad, Stellan, who’s also an actor: “I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion … Maybe it was a way to get his attention. I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”

On life in L.A. and the entertainment industry: “Hollywood can be like kids playing marbles on the schoolyard. Everybody wants the shiny marble until one kid says he doesn’t. Then nobody will touch it. So it’s important that I make good decisions now.”

Straw Dogs director Rod Lurie on co-stars and real-life couple Alexander and Kate Bosworth: “In the beginning [of filming the rape scene], Kate would be crying after every take and Alex would try to comfort her. By the end, everybody got really raw.”

For more of Alexander‘s interview, check out GQ.com!

FYI: Alex is wearing an IWC Pilot’s Watch Mark XVI and Dockers‘ SF Tapered Khaki.

alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 01
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 02
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 03

Getty

jared your handsome as alexander s , and me handsome like leo dicaprio
;-)

…it’s all about the second photo

plus….Kate crying after every take? ….actually sounds quite worrying..like she shouldn’t even have signed up for it.

HOT BUT CHANGE THE SHIRTS @ 05/17/2011 at 7:14 am

He’s hot but he really needs to stop wear such tight fitted shirts. It just draws attention to his slender upper body and also they make him look feminine. But it was probably the stylist’s fault not his.

Swedish-American Girl @ 05/17/2011 at 7:16 am

““I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion … Maybe it was a way to get his attention. I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”
———————————————–
AWWWW This made me sad to read. His dad traveled a lot when he was young and he didn’t get to see much of him. He mostly raised by his mom. But atleast he got some great tallness from his dad. ;]

Too much jean kills the jean….and the Alex..lol

Come on, why not naked, who gives a sh@t about clothes..lol

I’m loooooving the pic in the white tank – he looks so manly. YUMMMMMERS

Woooooh. Someone needs to air it out. It’s too hot in here!

“In the beginning [of filming the rape scene], Kate would be crying after every take and Alex would try to comfort her. By the end, everybody got really raw.” —— OMG I’m no KB fan but I feel sorry for any girl put in that position. She shouldn’t have taken that role. That could be fcukin traumatic for anyone.

JJ NEEDS SPOILER ALERT WARNING @ 05/17/2011 at 7:25 am

Askars just gave a way a HUGE part of the movie which I wouldn’t have minded if JJ would have given us a warning. It wasn’t clear that there would be a rape scene. But now we all know. Talk about needing a SPOILER ALERT, JJ. How unprofessional to write up this post and not even warn your readers.

So he basically just admitted his daddy was a only a paycheck father during a larger part of his childhood. A lot of people have mentioned this before but I guess now we know it’s true. That sucks cuz my dad was the same way – he financially supported us but was never around. He’s gotta have some resentment for his dad. No doubt about it. But hopefully it will only serve him to be a better dad if he ever should have kids. LOVE YA, ASKARS.

Dang I gotta admit even I feel kinda bad for Kate after reading the rape scenes made her cry. And trust me I’m no fan of hers. Must have been super akward and tense. And I also think JJ shoulda put a SPOILER WARNING.

Can’t believe he went into acting just to get some attention from his dad. That’s super sad and makes me just feel bad for him. Sniff sniff. Chin up, sweetheart.

Alishia S. @ 05/17/2011 at 7:34 am

@Great second pic: “Great second pic but third pic with that blue denim shirt is awful – he looks a a gay James Dean.” ——> BWAHAHAHAHA SO TRUE. I thought exactly the same thing. Gay.James.Dean.

i loved Stellan in POTC but i have to admit this interview doesn’t exactly make him look good. it makes him sound like a distant cold man who put his career over his own family. i’m sure they love each other but it doesn’t help his dad’s image.

if yo dont want to be alexander ok take pen badgley

THEY SEEM CLOSE @ 05/17/2011 at 7:40 am

Alex never said his dad was a deadbeat – he just said his career required a lot of traveling. I can see how Stellan might look bad b/c he married a much younger woman who could be his daughter after impregnating her and he badmouthed the author of Angels and Demons after co-starring in the second movie. But I’m sure that now they have a good relationship. They seem to have gotten closer as Alex got older.

Sounds like they had to film that scene over and over and over.

Jacqui in Miami @ 05/17/2011 at 7:43 am

I’m sorry but I get a major DOUCH vibe from Stellan Skarsgard. I don’t think it’s ‘the haters’ that say he’s a douche. I just think a lot of people genuinely think he is. Even Jimmy Fallon said on his TV show ”WHO THE HELZ DOES THIS MAN THINK HE IS – HE AIN’T EVEN FAMOUS IN THE U.S.” after Stellan began talking crap about the Angels/Demon author.

Peanut Gallery @ 05/17/2011 at 7:50 am

Nom,nom. Pass me a beer…. & a Skarsgard

Natalie Portman diss @ 05/17/2011 at 7:50 am

I’m a PF forum poster and even though it’s not the popular thing to say I always felt like Askar’s dad was cold and pompous and had a cruel streak in him. He did a movie with Natalie Portman and during an interview he was asked what it was like to work with her. He said how he thought Natalie Portman is beautiful and talented but too bad she’s a vegetarian and how he lost respect for her or something like that. How condescending. I mean, how is her diet any business of his and why talk about it publicly. If you don’t agree with her lifestyle choices just shut up. You can look it up online.

GREAT NEW INTERVIEW @ 05/17/2011 at 7:55 am

Wow – this interview is soooo much better than all the other cookie cutter ones he’s done in the past with the same recycled stuff over and over. I’m actually INTERESTED in reading it this time. : }

Alessandra @ 05/17/2011 at 8:00 am

looking great in white tank pic but the other two look kinda gayish

Something good came of it @ 05/17/2011 at 8:02 am

Well if it wasn’t for his dad being a paycheck daddy who was never around then Askars wouldn’t have gotten into acting in order to get some love and attention from him and we wouldn’t have the Askars we have today ….. So let’s look at the bright side okay ….. LOL

Natasha, Veggie for years @ 05/17/2011 at 8:07 am

@Natalie Portman diss: That really sucks that Stellan would pick on someone for being a veggie!!! I’m a vegetarian and it’s nobody’s business why I choose to be and it’s nobody’s business what I eat. That’s like me criticizing others for eating red meat or for their personal choices in life. He’s not better than anybody else to be all judgmental like that. In fact, from what I’ve heard this man has tons of flaws in his personality that I can pick on. He sounds like a rude old man who thinks he’s better than everybody else!!!

POTC fangirl @ 05/17/2011 at 8:10 am

I’m not a vegetarian/vegan but I respect those that are and I think what they’re doing is actually pretty noble because they respect all forms of life. It’s possible that Alex’s old man was just playing around. That’s what I hope. Because if he was serious then that’s pretty fcuking rude.

@JJ NEEDS SPOILER ALERT WARNING: It’s a remake, therefore it’s not exactly a spoiler.

Louisiana Gal @ 05/17/2011 at 8:15 am

@GREAT NEW INTERVIEW: HAHAHA So true!!! Can ya’ll imagine what True Blood would be like without Alex as Eric Northman??? The show would suck. People certainly wouldn’t watch it just to see Beeehl who looks like he’s a HUNDRED years old!!! So maybe we owe a big Thank You to his swedish absentee father for not being such a good dad to him.

I like that he said Anna is like a sister to him.

YUCKY ICKY @ 05/17/2011 at 8:17 am

Geez I cant believe he and Kate could have hanky panky after filming those scenes. I know the man is hot but I woulda felt seriously creeped out.

Get over it @ 05/17/2011 at 8:18 am

@Natalie Portman diss:

This has nothing to do with Alex. Nada.

This is what happens when actors try to be “CONTROVERSIAL” – they end up getting themselves into difficult situations they then regret. Kate was trying to be different and edgy and in the process had to endure reshooting those horrible scenes. Bad decision on her part. And also bad decision on him for choosing to play a rapist. As a man, I honestly wouldn’t be able to do that.

Isn’t this like the THIRD TIME he’s played a rapist?? Give it a break already, there’s no need to do it once much less three freakin times. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but those characters just creep me out.

I love that in this interview he’s a little more intimate and open with his fans. Some celebs are so phoney the way they try to portray their families as perfect. So even though he doesn’t portray his dad in the best light here, I’m just glad he’s BEING HONEST and is sharing some of his life with his fans. That’s really refreshing.

I HATE SPOILERS @ 05/17/2011 at 8:31 am

@Ladybug: “It’s a remake, therefore it’s not exactly a spoiler.” —–> They said time and time again that it was very different from the original Straw Dogs. Askars said so himself in an interview. He said the whole script was different. Some people were thinking there would be an ATTEMPTED rape scene but that it would be interrupted. Now it looks like it will be a full rape scene. So YES IT WAS A MAJOR SPOILER. Not JJ’s smartest move.

@Liz: “I like that he said Anna is like a sister to him.”
———————-
OH PUHLEASE. You actually believe that? In every video of them she acts so weird around him. Lost of people say she has a bit of a crush on him and that he actually liked here at the beginning of shooting TB but that Stephen Moyer beat him to it and asked her out first. And Askars didn’t even go to their wedding. Actors just say these things to be nice and make everything look all glossy and pretty.

I also read that comment about Stellan dissing Natalie Portman for being a vegetarian and it kinda made me cringe. It was from a few years back. I think Askars takes after his mom more than his dad. I could never see her making douchey comments like that. And Askars seems to be respectful like her.

Wow flattering airbrushed pics

@Reality: “lots of people” What a wonderfully weasly phrase. Was AS even at the beginning of filming, since Eric doesn’t show up until episode 4?

Boston girl @ 05/17/2011 at 8:47 am

Take it from someone who grew up without a dad, atleast Alex’s dad was around some of the time rather than no time at all. But I still feel kinda bad for Alex. I can relate wanting that love and time from them

@kitty:

how do you think she got him?

I sure she told him she was abused or raped.

It’s obvious Stellan chose to make his career a priority over his kids when Askars was younger and I’m sure it was difficult for Askar’s mom to be the primary caregiver… but the past is the past. And Askars can learn from this and not make the same mistakes. Let’s just hope it’s not KB who he has kids with!!!

Mommy of two Pugs @ 05/17/2011 at 8:55 am

Ooooh good interview! I love new stuff. Stellan seems to be trying to be there for the new baby b/c I don’t see him working as much. It must not be easy for a man of his age to be caring for a little one. And it can be stressful to know you might not be around to see them get married. So he probably wants to be there as much as possible now.

Hmmm....... @ 05/17/2011 at 9:00 am

It’s great that Stellan seems to be more of a hands-on dad now to his toddler but it’s a shame that he wasn’t there for Alexander. That part of the interview made me sad. And it also seems kinda disingenuous that he’s taking more of an active role until now just because he’s old and won’t be able to have as long with his new kid. That just seems more about him than about the child.

i dont really care about stelen or whatever his name is. he’s just a senior citizen who’s not even remotely famous here in the u.s. not even my celeb crazed friends know who he is. all i care about is alex. and that smoking hot white tank he’s wearing!! ROWR

JEALOUS GIRL @ 05/17/2011 at 9:05 am

@Yummy: LOL I never thought I’d say this but I’m actually jealous of that white tank!!

Anybody see the trailer for Season Four in the previous JJ post? Beeeeehl is dressed up like some kind of rock musician. But Stephen Moyer looks pretty old so he looks more like one of those retired ancient rockstars {like Mick Jagger}. But I don’t think “retired rock star” was the look they were going for!!! HAHAHAHAHA

JOE M. + ALEX = PERFECT MAN @ 05/17/2011 at 9:16 am

@Beeehl: yeah i noticed that. ROFL. and also alcide’s body = WOW OH WOW! if i could find a man with alcide/joe m’s body and Alexander skarsgard’s face i’d be the happiest woman in the world!

Love the white tank pic, the others are kind of foppish looking :(. And too much photoshop, it’s nice when he looks like Alex, not some overly prettified version of himself.

Loved the interview. I’d have been yelling “f’ing awesome!” too after landing on the deck of an aircraft carrier, that’s got to be a huge adrenaline rush.

whatever69 @ 05/17/2011 at 9:37 am

@GREAT NEW INTERVIEW:

Him and Bosworth epitomise the stupidity and vanity of Hollywood. I’m so bored and fed up with these ****** movies abusing women – this movie and these actors are utterly pointless

BORING BORING BORING BORING

There’s nothing special about him. He’s just dull.

whatever69 @ 05/17/2011 at 9:55 am

@whatever69:

And as GQ states in this interview:-

Battleship, already legendary, whatever its eventual virtues, as emblematic of the dearth of Hollywood imagination.

Boring Boring Boring

Electronic Bread and circuses

@whatever69: Well, PIrates of the Caribbean was based on a Disney ride, wasn’t it?

whatever69 @ 05/17/2011 at 10:14 am

@Canuck:

Quite. And as much as I enjoy Johnny Depp’s Keith Richards impression, it’s not enough to sustain the last 3 Pirates movies …

@whatever69: But they make hundreds of millions of dollars, so I suppose the HW would like to do the same thing with a board game. I’d have chosen Risk, but I think that’s been done to death. **Dr. Evil laugh…**

that necklace alex is wearing tell me that is not a peace of ****, tack, crap-mint a gift from his **** girlfriend for the photo shoot

love the pics,that 2nd one. alex in a white tank t-shirt, jesus christ, oh to be sitting in between his legs, I need a cool shower after seeing that pic

Alex looks smokin hot in those pics. I like tighter shirts on him. What’s the deal with guys always having to wear baggy stuff? I like that they show off his torso.

In the interview it said that Alex lost weight for Melancholia, so I guess we can now know why he was so thin for awhile. I found the part about KB interesting, that he “shuts down and loses his smile” when asked about her. Doesn’t sound very promising. LOL

I have to say: Waking up to these pictures is pretty amazing. UNF!

(Oh, and a minor point but after reading the whole interview, the director of Straw Dogs comes off as such a opportunist. He rarely talks about the movie itself, just how those two met on set, blah blah. I’m glad Skarsgard is landing more legit work now like Melancholia, and that new film with Julianne Moore.)

The part of the interview snippet that caught my attention was when he said it’s important for him to make good decisions now. Perhaps this means changes in the way he goes about things are in order and that he knows it.

About the Kate and crying mention and him comforting her, now we can see how he was emotionally pulled in. It seems to me like he’s explaining what happened and that now it’s time to take control back of his career. Hopeful thinking, perhaps, but we’ll all see what happens after Straw Dogs has come and gone.

@****-mint

It’s not, they credited all the stuff in the photos in the magazine article and none of it’s her crap jewelry. It’s all from real designers.

@Reality:

He probably knows now too that since they’re heading into Season 4 (assuming they’re loosely following the fourth book) he’s going to be asked that question time and time again. Which sucks, because honestly I don’t watch the show to try and interpret what goes on behind the scenes.

@Emily:

I agree, the only thing Lurie ever talks about is KB and Alex. It’s like he knows that’s what the bigwigs are trying to use to sell this film, that admittedly will have a very small audience, so he’s pushing it too.

I agree with all you guys that brought up how Rod Laurie only talks about putting AS and the famewhore creature in the same sentence. He doesn’t talk about his “great remake,” of a true classic, because we all know it should have gone straight to DVD. There are certain movies that shouldn’t be remade and this was one of them.

Remember this director that only showed his film at community colleges, told students that AS confided in him that he could really fall in love with KB, that is when everyone knew he too was invovled in the PR nonesense. AS is one of the most private men in all of HW and I do not think he would tell a director who he had never worked with before, something that was so personal and private.

I could see her really putting on the tears to get to him, I wonder if she started those tears before or after the great actress told Rhys Cirio (spelled wrong) to hit her.

I think the article made a lot of things clear, like him losing his smile and shutting down when she is brought up and him not wearing a piece from her crapmint to show support. The sh*t has hit the fan and this article is just the beginning of things to come, he has had enough and is taking control back, thank goodness. I cannot wait to see him in his next projects and out and about with his friends, the people that truly care for him and are loyal and don’t use him for their own gain.

whatever69 @ 05/17/2011 at 11:09 am

@mforman:

Has anyone read this article and seen this quote. Alex’s dad said to him

“The best rape scene ever filmed” WTF

As a woman, this is just too offensive

@Camille: He suits the tighter shirts better once he’s spent some time in the gym though. And is anyone else thinking that if you’re going to make a 6’4″ guy lean against a tent, the tent should be higher so he doesn’t look like he’s awkwardly trying to not fall over?

Not surprised Stellan or the relationship with him dominates the interview in some parts (SS truly has no filter, the rape comment, sigh) or that Lurie continues to push the Skars/Bosworth relationship because he is trying hard to sell this movie and will pimp them out totally. The photos are gorgeous, natch, although they do like to utilize his furrowed brow look. I wonder when they shot this, he does look somewhat bigger now as we see him out in the pap shots.

Perfection!!!!!!

@mforman: He explains why he “shuts down” after being asked about Kate. His father taught him to keep “family” out of the press. He considers Kate his family. I do agree with you though on the point about Lurie selling them out for his own gains.

@Canuck:

True, though I think they shot this a long time ago. Skarsgard News commented that Alex would have a cover coming out this summer, and that was a few months ago so it was probably shot in the fall I think.

@Darling: Except that in this interview, father talks about son and son talks about father.

@Darling:

I don’t think he actually considers her family, but I do think that he just won’t talk about people he’s closer to. He spends a lot of time talking about his family actually, much of the interview is about his dad. You don’t hear him talk about his friends much though, so I think that’s more what he meant, keeping his normal personal life private.

@Camille: They are usually shot several months in advance, from what I understand. I do prefer how he looks when he’s got a bit more bulk, it suits him better.

Go to santress website she has more pics ….looking yummy yummy!!!

@chelle: I LOVE this shot: ASkars.

@Canuck: yep too yummy for words

@Canuck:

I like it when he’s bulked up a bit too, but apparently he had to lose some weight for Melancholia. These were probably shot shortly after he did that movie.

@whatever69: hehe, maybe we’ll see ASkars’ Keith Richards impersonation ;)))

@Camille: I wonder why he had to lose weight for it?

Please he doesn’t consider her family, that is a stretch; but whereas he was taught respect, we know she has none, so that is why she used to run around with her little hints, those have also stopped; since he has put a stop to a lot of the nonesense that was going on. The author of the aritcle pretty much sums it up by saying “tabloid followers,” not news shows, not widely reported by AS but tabloids. In his own way, he is letting people known it is all a PR showmance.

We all knew that is was going to end once this film came out and little by little everything is starting to happen. They go 3 to 4 weeks without seeing each other or being seen anywhere near each other and then have one very uncomfortable photo op, that the famewhore arranges.

Okay, he shuts down, but his smile goes away, if you are in love with someone, no matter how private you want to keep it, when their name is mentioned you get that certain smile. With her name being mentioned he just loses his smile completely. Thank goodness this disgusting display is coming to an end.

@whatever69–I wonder if Stellan really said that or if Laurie is lying like he has been doing whenever publicity for this film comes about. I really cannot see the father of a daughter who he adores and a wife who he loves, saying such a thing.

I like these photos though I would have liked at least one of him smiling more. Would have liked one of him out on that boat actually , out on the water. Interesting that he obviously loves the water and is personally interested in seeing the whales off the CA coast. Very good interview — finally one that asks interesting questions and gets thoughtful answers, not just the recycled stuff. And got some of his nice personality across too.

@Canuck:

Dunno, maybe his character is/was sick or something? It is kind of weird, but the article did specifically point that out.

danielik25 @ 05/17/2011 at 1:08 pm

There are more nice pics with him from this beach! He is so sexy…

@Camille: Hmmm. Maybe he’s supposed to be a dork or something?

@whatever69: I get the impression that Lurie is a wee bit full of sh*t. What does everyone remember first about the original? The rape scene, controversial and got everyone talking. Next, he’s hooking it into the relationship (whatever the status may be) between AS and KB.
**Two things for the press to hopefully latch on to.

Then, comment that Papa Skars says something as heartlessly offensive as “that’s the best rape ever filmed” (note that “scene” wasn’t in there) in an effort to give validation and legitimacy to the scene by a well know and respected actor, while confirming that the controversial and talked about scene is not only in the film, but BETTER than in the original.
**Thing #3 that hopefully the press will latch on to.

And finally… what kind of a complete d*ck says that “the words a boy longs to hear from his father” are “that’s the best rape ever filmed?”.

How many of you think that no one would have ever heard of this film if Alex S wasn’t in it?

@kitty:

I bet it was her trick to get some attention from Skars. Seems it paid off well for hwe. Some men like to play a knight in shiny armour lol

@Canuck:

EXACTLY! Make no mistake, Alexander is the big marketing draw to this film. James, while a good actor, isn’t that big of a draw, and KB is box office poison. They’re banking on Alex’s popularity through True Blood for this, because they’re hoping that TB fans will want to watch the movie just because Alex is in it. There really isn’t any other selling feature since the storyline is not something the general populace would be interested in. This is why it was test screened at college campuses, for film classes and most likely why it’s been pushed back more than once.

@HOT BUT CHANGE THE SHIRTS:

Are u blind or just stupid “slender upper body” and “feminine”. Quite rich even from moyerist like you, jealous cow phww..

@Camille: Do you think that the Eric TB fans (mostly women) want to see (as Margaret put it), their “boo boo bear being a nasty old rapist?” Or doing anyone other than Sookie, for that matter? I’m pretty sure that most of them don’t. Although I get that Alex doesn’t want to be typecast into a box and he probably chooses his roles to be varied and diverse, as much as he can.

By the way, did anyone else register that he confirmed that there will be Sookie / Eric loves scenes this season?

@Reality:

You don’t know anyting right? Anna and Stephen met long before Askars came in the game. A & S made a pilot together for TB series and that’s when they started dating. They had been together at least a year before they met Alex.

@Canuck:

No, I don’t think they do. What I was trying to say was that I think the people in charge of this movie think that, and that’s what they’re banking on. Although, I’m sure some of them will go see it just because they want to see Alex in a movie, most people are grossed out by the idea of him onscreen with KB. I’ve watched his other movies, the Swedish ones, where he has a rape scene but I felt like it was different because he wasn’t hanging around the actresses he was in those films with. I think someone higher up chose a very poor marketing strategy because they believed it was the only viable one they had for this film. Any way you cut it, this is a tough sell for a movie. The only people who might buy it as an action/suspense flick are the people who don’t know about the original, and I think that’s kind of what they are aiming for by pushing the “love” angle.

@Camille: Well, I suppose that like everything else, in the end it comes down to money, so I guess they’ll try to sell it anyway they can.

I wonder if there is anywhere on the net to find out who made up most of the audience for the original?

Also, even though I think he looks the best in the white tank photo (and the one in black and white that I linked), I’d still like to thank the stylist for putting him in blues and greys. Maybe the next time, we could sneak a turquoise in there?

@Canuck:

It’s hard to say but I think the original one would have had perhaps a more arty audience, unless they didn’t know what the premise was beforehand? Not sure, but I don’t know where you’d find that out. IMDB perhaps?

I really like him in blues and greys. He looks awesome in the white tank. We’re so used to seeing him in black ones for Eric, that white is a nice change. I would like to see him in some other colours though, turquoise and the grass green colours are nice on him too.

These photos are so hot! Alexs looks amazing. I can’t wait to see his Interview cover too!

porquenon @ 05/17/2011 at 3:26 pm

@Mariah:

I thought Alex originally read for the part of Bill. Who was reading for Sookie when he auditioned?

@porquenon:

That’s true, Alex did originally read for Bill and was told he wasnt’ right for the part. Later on he got offered Eric.

@Camille: Let’s start a petition for the greens, the blues, anything in between and amethyst purple (brings out green eyes). :)))

Original Straw Dogs: a $3 million budget, $11 million worldwide gross. So successful at almost 4 times it’s budget. But violent films almost always target a male audience, not female. Especially ones in which sexual violence is committed against a woman and even more so if it’s portrayed as an act of sex rather than an act of stripping someone’s control of self and choice away from them and physically invading them. So while the tabloid coverage of a romance will bring extra free publicity to this film, tabloid articles aren’t going to reach the target male audience.

lafamepoma @ 05/17/2011 at 3:43 pm

First of all thank you Stellan and the mom for doing this amazing and stunning boy, I have to make a trip to the Scandinavian countries(Sweden,Finland,Denmark,Norway,Iceland) sure there are more boys like him ^^. About all the comments about his father I don’t trust them cause Swedish people are one of the most respecful and tolerant of the world and they don’t care about famous people. And about the movie there are movies which are heavier about the plot, don’t feel so upset on the rape cause it’s only a movie I know that rape it’s the worst situation what a girl can live and after the rape life is difficult, there are movies like the Stanley Kubrick ones, Orange Clockwork that is a movie that after watching it leaves you really creep.

lafamepoma @ 05/17/2011 at 3:50 pm

Only look at that is precious if he hasn’t got time to spend with his children sure he reminds them everywhere he goes. There are a lot of famous people who doesn’t spend much time wth their children so it’s not his fault, and I read that Alex used to travel with with when he was young.

The shot that they’ve put on the cover… the hand on his hip… they’ve photoshopped it (thumb area) but left some “extra but should have been photoshopped out” hand in there. ASkars alien hand. You’d think that at the very least they’d use someone who isn’t an intern to manipulate images or perhaps proof “view” it beforehand.

@lafamepoma: I’d say there are a lot of not famous people who spend a lot of time pursuing their careers in their 20′s, 30′s and 40′s and who miss a lot of their children’s lives while growing up.

Canuck and Camill are PSYCHOS @ 05/17/2011 at 4:07 pm

WOW AFTER THE FIRST 50 COMMENTS THE STANS CAME IN!! It’s all Camille and Canuck posting. Talk about obsessed.

@Canuck and Camill are PSYCHOS: Yes, having a conversation on a topic that you enjoy with someone is obsession. You must be a lonely sad little soul. And look, CAPS…

If you are really that desperate for attention, you could just ask to join in rather than using CAPS in the hopes someone will notice you.

@whatever69: “Has anyone read this article and seen this quote. Alex’s dad said to him “The best rape scene ever filmed” WTF As a woman, this is just too offensive”
———————————————————————-
OMG THAT’S SICK AND CREEPY AS FCUK!!! I didn’t read the entire article but now I’m going to. My stomache literally felt queasy reading that. He’s trying to make it sound like it’s “Artistic” or something. That’s so sick!

I find it odd that he said Anna is like a sis to him, cuz they never are seen together. Maybe its an on-set sibling thing.

This is from Dlisted.com: “So GQ kept ASKars’ body under wraps and then brings up rape and Kate Bosworth’s name in the article. Way to break a wave of boners, GQ. Why didn’t go they all the way by making Gwyneth Paltrow interview ASkars about his feelings on CROCS in the room where Osama was killed?” bahahahaha

@Canuck and Camill are PSYCHOS:

Really? You’ve nothing better to say than that? They are just having a discussion. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. At least they’re sticking to talking about Alexander.

Oh and has any interviewer point blank asked him about his relationship w/ Kate, or do they just keep implying it. Neither the director, nor Alex said they were a couple, so is the interviewer just using gossip? I want someone to directly ask him, “Are you and Kate a couple?”

Best Rape Scene - I think NOT @ 05/17/2011 at 4:21 pm

@Best Rape Scene Ever?: I noticed that too. It was really gross to read that Stellan said that. Glamorizing rape and trying to make it art is not cool. Violence and sexual aggression against women is becoming the norm and people aren’t realizing how bad this is getting. There’s an epidemic of assaults on campus. HUGE numbers of young women are getting raped in college.Even Yale is now embroiled in a scandal b/c they were trying to cover up the number of women that were raped and weren’t helping them when they came forward. And now we have a movie that is all about machoness and rape and the father of Askars condoning it and congratulating him. It’s wrong on so many levels.

Canuck gives me the creeps just as much as Stellan’s dad does. She sounds like she’s obsessed with the entire Skarsgard family and whenever there’s any bad mention of any of them she goes all pit bull. Crazy Beyotch needs to get a life. She has been posting for hours!!

@Shannon: Michael K is so funny! I imagine the sis comment is to underline that he has no desire to jump her bones.

OMG Canuck is like having a freaking conversation with herself on here…. She sounds delusional … HAHAHAHA …Too funny.

@Shannon:

I often wonder this too. I also wonder how long ago this interview took place. It’s obvious the photoshoot, at the very least, took place some time ago so maybe the interview as as well.

@Jenn: Oh dear, am I know being stalked by some nutjob who doesn’t know how to read? Please, by all means link to where I’ve gone “pitbull” and / or shown any signs of being obsessed by “the entire Skarsgard family”. LOL. Btw, changing names doesn’t mean I don’t recognize you ;)

I’m seriously getting a CREEPER ALERT from Stellan Skarsgard.To say this was the best rape ever??? Plus he’s married to a woman he knocked up who is like half his age and could be his kid. I dunno…. something seems really weird about this man.

EEEEEEK! Did any of you know that Stellan also played a rapist in a a movie he did with Nicole Kidman? It’s on the site StellanOnline. The article said: “Stellan Skarsgård is no stranger to demanding or unpopular roles, as his rape scene with Nicole Kidman proved.”
———————
What in the he11 is wrong with the Skarsgard men who keep playing the role of rapists??? Do they have some kind of sick fetish??? Fcuk!!

@STELLAN ALSO PLAYED A RAPIST: Ohhhh I wish I hadn’t read your comment! This on top of him saying “best rape ever” just gives me the hibby jibbies. And this is coming from a fan.

Reading ability? @ 05/17/2011 at 4:51 pm

“they watched the scene as it was being cut together. “They seemed more like best friends than father and son,” says Lurie. At the end, Stellan stood up and spoke those words every boy longs to hear. Says Lurie, “He proclaimed it ‘the best rape ever filmed.’ ”

Says Lurie!
if it’s true, that makes them both creepy IMHO.

Can we please talk about something else? The last 4 posts are all the same person talking about the same thing. Talk about creepy, get over it, this is a post about Alex, not his dad. I think Lurie is full of sh*t anyway.

Back to something postive, Alex looks super hot in the pics. I wish they would have done some in black and white. He always looks smokin in B&W.

Reading ability? @ 05/17/2011 at 4:56 pm

@Jessie:
I’m not :/ I agree, Lurie is full of ****.

@Jessie: They have a few on the slideshow on the GQ site. Mr. Yummy showed up for sure!

SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH THEM! @ 05/17/2011 at 5:03 pm

@Reading ability?: All THREE MEN are creepy weirdos: Stellan, Alex, and Lurie. WTF is this??? Rape is not art and never will be. This is so sick and so offensive on so many levels.

Soooo he’s too private to discuss kbos, but he’s not too private to give an interview about how he lost his virginity. ??? Ok then.

Elisabeth @ 05/17/2011 at 5:06 pm

@Jessie: JESSI GET BACK TO STANNING HIM ON FACEBOOK. AND THANK YOU TO whatever69 WHO BROUGHT THIS TO OUR ATTENTION. I DIDN’T READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE SO I DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE THAT ASKAR’S FATHER TOLD HIM “BEST RAPE SCENE EVER”.

A conversation @ 05/17/2011 at 5:06 pm

Girl # 1: “He is so my type.”
Girl # 2: “He’s everybody’s type.”

Alejandra S. @ 05/17/2011 at 5:09 pm

I dont think I could stomache watching this film since my BFF was raped in her sophomore year in college and I was there for her when the cops came and talked to her. If it was traumatic for me I can’t even imagine what it was like for her. But I agree with the comments that this isn’t art and never will be. It’s disrespectful AND DANGEROUS to women everywhere to turn rape into art.

@Elisabeth:

F*ck off and say something useful. I’m talking about the PICTURES in the article, you know, the TOPIC of this JJ post. Moron!

This movie is obviously not mainstream. Most people – and that includes both men and women – don’t want to watch a rape scene unless they are sick in the head. So as far as their career goes, this won’t bring them mass appeal or fame. And it also doesn’t look like a Cannes arthouse film. The entire movie is a waste of time.

@Canuck:

I just saw those. He’s so gorgeous in B&W! I just love when they do shots of him that way.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/17/2011 at 5:15 pm

@Ladybug: Stephen and Ana were all ready together when Alex came on board. He was in Sweden when they got married, and anyone who was at Paley can see the chemistry between Stephen and Alex, they are obviously friends. Don’t try to making something a rumor that isn’t even there.

@STELLAN FAN:

LOL. You really think nobody here knows you’re talking to yourself, don’t ya?

Deborah in Orlando, FL @ 05/17/2011 at 5:19 pm

Maybe to Alex it’s not a big deal to film a rape scene b/c his dad played a rapist in that Nicole Kidman movie. I guess to Alex it might seem normal and “artsy” or whatever. But if I was a male actor I would avoid those types of roles like the plague. There’s already too much physical and sexual violence in our culture. Why add more?

@Jessie: Yeah, the “retro-ness” of it looks good on him.

lafamepoma @ 05/17/2011 at 5:40 pm

Oh come on people! leave the movie away and enjoy Alex’s beauty. Alex is the kind of person who wouldn’t do anything bad to a person even an animal. You’re stuck in talking about the rape scene and why he got this role but why don’t you ask yourself why the original actors got the role? Think about it.

okay I’m probably going to get myself in trouble for this but here goes. I saw the original and found it intense and disturbing but just because a movie has a rape scene in it doesn’t mean the film is in any way approving of rape. Just as when lots of movies show someone getting murdered or killed, doesn’t mean that film approves of it. In the original, as I recall, the rape scene was more of a question mark as in was it really rape or did the character actually want to have sex with the guy. I think it spoke more to the conflicted nature of her character and this version may be the same. And I enjoy Canuck and Camille’s comments, so go play bully on another board if you don’t.

Cafélady @ 05/17/2011 at 5:41 pm

@Foofa #124 …it wasn’t an interview – he took this experience as a base to wrote a short story…like an first step to write stories – he said once, if I remember right…you can check this on one of his fansites.

Anna is like a sister to me @ 05/17/2011 at 5:46 pm

“It’s really clear to Steve and to everybody else what the deal is—which is that Anna is like a sister to me,” Skarsgård says. “Those love scenes take quite a bit of acting, actually. A lot of acting.”
…………..
1 – The fact that he seems to be OVER EMPHASIZING how there’s nothing sexual just leads me to believe that the rumors are true and that at one point he did like Anna even if it was just an innocent crush. It’s pretty clear they’re not as close as bro and sis. Anna is a lot closer to Ryan Kwanten in that way.
…………..
2- Also, he could have worded it better than saying “Those love scenes take quite a bit of acting, actually. A lot of acting.”. I mean that sounds kinda insulting to Anna. But again, I think he’s compensating for the fact that at one time it was more than a friendly liking he had for her.

@lafamepoma: I agree with you — from everything I’ve ever heard about the guy, he’s one of the nicest guys around. Speaking of, there’s a new fan video taken when fans watched some TB filming. Once again, he is great to the fans and so is Stephen Moyer. Both these guys should be applauded for it.

@seeshay: We all know you are either Canuck or Camille – this thread’s stans.

Hey here come the fat old azz-wiping stay-at-home hags from the PF forum. I guess they just got home from picking up the kids from school. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

@Alejandra S.: try giving a rape exam….I have done that and that’s awful for all involved especially the victims. They get victimized all over again by professionals.
@Elisabeth: Does anyone know how to say dry wit or sarcastic humor? I don’t think stellan was being serious. I guess you have to be a smart ass to get a smart ass

@seeshay:

Thank you, I like it when you comment also. I won’t even diginfy that person’s idiotic comments with a response. Most of what we were talking about was Alex, and his movie, the article, and the shoot. I don’t get what the problem is there. That’s kind of the point of this whole thread. What occured after was a flurry of moronic activity by the same person or people. Whatever, it happens all the time here. *shrugs*

@wAH wAH: Is that “we all” as in ” you, yourself and I + the 15 aliases that you use to post?” Yeah, thought so…

@Camille: I’d say that it’s someone who is bored with where ever they usually hang out online and that come looking to sh*t disturb. If they weren’t such *ssholes, I’d feel sorry for them. Can you imagine being so lonely that you have to resort to insulting random posters on the internet for attention? It’s kind of pathetic really…

Also, thanks to Seeshay. :)

@HesANiceGuy: Are you responding to my post at #40? I was responding to reality’s post, not saying that AS and AP having something going on, quite the opposite.

Merrick and the thumbs @ 05/17/2011 at 6:11 pm

Merrick is playing with the votes again.

@Merrick and the thumbs: How would that be possible?

@College Chick:

LOL you really think they have any kids?

Is it just me or are these photos really disappointing? I think Alex is a beautiful, beautiful man but these photos are just wrong somehow. Whether they’ve been heavily photoshopped or he was just painfully thin at the time, even his coloring looks off. One of his websites stated unequivocally there will no video accompanying this shoot and that also makes me suspicious.

burnt bacon @ 05/17/2011 at 6:35 pm

Knowing this, it’s pretty effing sick to promote them as the Kewtest Most Lovingest Kupple Evar, wouldn’t you say? I know it’s just a movie role and not real life, but you’re (possibly unintentionally) making the connection between violent rape and OMG TWOO WUV. Unfortunate implications liek whoa.

@seeshay:

Thank you for saying that.

Has anyone read ted c lastest post on photos? It’s quite funny his remarks about the nomance. Sorry can’t post a link on mobile

@burnt bacon:

OMG that reminded me of the Princess Bride.

“and wuv….troo wuv…will folwo you fohevwa”. Hahah! That guy was gold!

Having said that, yeah it’s kind of a gross point to make since that’s what they’re trying to sell.

@chelle: So, Ted’s back to believing it’s a nomance:

(yeah, I know, it’s a thread about Alex, not her)

@chelle:

I just read it. Ted is basically insinuating that Alex doesn’t have much of a love life, and that’s why he didn’t comment.The rest of it is just rehash of the article.

“Our favorite 6-foot-4-inch, 34-year-old Swedish vampire graces the June 2011 cover of GQ, and while he discusses his family and career at length, Alexander Skarsgård goes through great apologetic lengths to stay mum on his romantic life. Maybe because he doesn’t have much of one? Hmmm”

‘Skars, who is the son of Sweden’s biggest movie star, Stellan, and the ultimate product of a high-profile upbringing, chooses to keep his real-life romances and personal time super quiet. Again, we say maybe that’s also because he doesn’t have that much going on with Kate to keep on the sly. Just a hunch.”

@ladybug:

You know what’s funny? Some people thought the “friend” she was with yesterday was Janine Garafalo and that they were glad she was making new friends. WTF? So random! Sorry to talk about her, just couldn’t help myself because I thought that was so dumb.

burnt bacon @ 05/17/2011 at 7:33 pm

@Jessie: “Mawwaige! Mawwaige is whut bwings us togevah today…”

@burnt bacon: I had that going through my head the day of Kate and Wills’ wedding. My brain couldn’t help itself.

Skarsgard wannabe @ 05/17/2011 at 8:18 pm

Nice interview. If he was taught to keep family and friends private, it will definitely be over with KB when Straw Dogs releases. That lacktress and fashionotta can’t blow her nose or take a dump without a press release and an audience of papz taking photographic evidence.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/17/2011 at 8:20 pm

@Deborah in Orlando, FL: I don’t believe Alex has ever been quoted as saying the rape scene was “Artsy”. Please don’t put words into his mouth.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/17/2011 at 8:22 pm

@Cafélady: It was included in a book. It was very well written, btw.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/17/2011 at 8:26 pm

@ladybug: If I didn, it was not my intention. I was also responding to the OP re: Alex and Anna.

Stop all ready. Who really believes Stellan would make that comment a man with a daughter who he adores and a beautiful young wife, I mean seriously. Laurie has been pulling this nonesense since the showmance began—remember he was the one that said AS confided to him that he could fall in love with KB. Yeah right, AS who is one of the most private men in all of HW would tell this to a director who he never worked with before, oh come on. Laurie has the most of anybody riding on the success of this movie, so he will say and do whatever he has too. I mean seriously he only showed the movie at communtiy colleges, what was that about.

I too have seen the original more than once and the talked about scene had a lot more to do about her conflicted feelings of her life than the actual act. How the moron Laurie will show that with the wooden creature KB is, I do not know. Some movies should never be remade.

It is obvious his smile disappears and he shuts down and now needs to make better decisions, because he realizes what a mistake it was to get into this contract with her. By not talking about her he can say, ” I never said we dated,we just hung around until our movie came out.”

I also think it is so funny, how Laurie says that famewhore was crying at the end of each take, was that before or after she kept asking Ryhs Cirio (spelled wrong, sorry) to hit her. She knew just what she was doing and that is why I love karma.

Let us just enjoy an intelligent aritcle with great photos, that focus on him for a change and look forward to his new roles. His is worth our fandom.

As someone who lurks here regularly and enjoys the little bit of crazy and fun that comes along with the ASkars posts, I didn’t think I’d ever be posting myself, but the comments about Stellan’s quote about being the “best rape ever” were sliiightly out of control.
This is what these two men do for a living. If they didn’t look at film and judge how well it imitates life, they wouldn’t be nearly as good at it as they both are.
As a victim of this type of crime, I’m unable to watch scenes in movies like this, or that something like this is implied (Thelma and Louise, Gran Torino, etc.), but to say that Stellan is creepy or strange or callous for saying that is simply ridiculous.
I do honestly believe that having people watch scenes like this in movies raises awareness about sexual assault. If it’s done well, and acted well, it might convince some young girl, somewhere, about the horror of the experience. Maybe she’ll be more aware of bad situations, and avoid something like that happening to her.
At any rate, art is an integral part of an advanced society, and a reflection on where we are. I don’t know them, but I’d have to say that both Stellan and Alexander understand that, and that’s where that quote came from.

@Jessie: I’m pretty sure Janeane Garafolo wouldn’t be hanging around with likes of KB. Not willingly, anyway.

Alex is so hot!!

@burnt bacon:

LOLOLOLOL! OMG I might have to watch that again. That movie is truly a classic.

A man of his word @ 05/17/2011 at 9:18 pm

There are some on the boards out there who think that maybe Alex isn’t talking about or even confirming a relationship with Kate because their isn’t one and he doesn’t want to lie about it. I agree with that and think it explains alot about his behavior. If he cared about her at all, he would have smiled when her name was mentioned. To shut down and stop smiling is an indication of unhappiness and dreading a situation. We’ll never hear him claim her. On the other hand Kate and Rod Laurie will be dropping hints left and right. Body language speaks louder than words and it must have been pretty extreme is the reporter felt it was necessary to describe it to us. In this situation where half the people are speaking out of their backside, I’ll listen to his body. Imagine the possibilities.

@ladybug:

Yeah that’s what I thought too. Garafolo would chew KB up and spit her out. Methinks JG doesn’t have much time for women like KB.

@A man of his word:

It may have even been taken out of context. People are misquoted all the time in articles by the press, the family part I mean, not his body language. Some part of me agrees with what you said though, that if he doesn’t say anything then he can’t be a liar about it. It’s weird logic but I can see him doing that.

@Mac- IA. I also took it for a father to be supportive of his son’s work as an actor – not as a man encouraging or endorsing rape.

Alex looks perfect!

I like that ther are exactly 69 tweets on this :)

I think it’s obvious while Alex can be a very sweet, kind individual he obviously has a lot of issues included being stunted developmentally (permanent adolescent) maybe due to his upbringing, the chaos, the lack of attention from his father. I don’t think he’ll marry or have children anytime soon (being the oldest in the family and the damage of his parent’s toxic marriage didn’t help) I do hope he finds some peace and stability, it might take a really special person to get thru all his garbage but I have a feeling once he finds that right person, he’ll adore her or him.

porquenon @ 05/18/2011 at 2:31 am

Enough of the rape movie crap. Think of the roles actresses are forced to take. Think of Clooney who does Oceans 11, 12 and 13 where the actor to actress ratio is 13 to ONE (and that one is either Julia, CzJ or Ellen Barkin (go figure, Ron Pearlman, etc)) .

All y’alls who are reacting to the idea that a “rape” is carried out on screen are a bunch of hysterics who need to get their sh*t together. Stop projecting, Art is art. The Story is the story. Actors are actors, a job is a job. If the only work an actress can get is as a victim, she might as well have a handsome perpetrator. n’est ce pas?

Furthermore, if you’ve ever actually sat through Breaking the Waves or Dogville, you’d be nodding your head, slapping your knee or peeing your pants with Pater’s comment – Acting isn’t always pretty but when you get it right, it’s very satisfying even if disturbing and distractionary.

@Foofa:

The article where he told how he lost his virginity/boyhood was written ca 10-15 yrs ago. It is one thing to talk about t.h.e.m.s.e.l.v.e.s and another thing to speak about the relationships with other people IMO.

We don’t even know how serious their “relationship” is; e.g are they engaged or do they live together? Maybe he already knows he’s never gonna marry her, so why to introduce her as his fiancée? Besides Scandinavian men are not too talkative about their private life and relationships in general.

@Reality: And here I thought that Anna’s awkward attitude towards him while he always seems try to tease her was kind of cute. Real life couple or not, they have a great chemistry.

@Mar: I actually find her a little stiff in the love / kissing scenes they have done up until now, while he seems a lot more at ease. I imagine it can’t be easy getting (almost) naked with another guy and pretending to be in the throes of passion and / or having sex while your new husband looks on. She was a lot more relaxed in the Sookie / Bill scenes, for obvious reasons. Either that, or ASkars not wearing that sock, LOL :)))

whatever69 @ 05/18/2011 at 4:19 am

@Canuck:

We all know careers have been built on less ……….. hee hee

No diss to Mr Depp intended – a genuine talent

whatever69 @ 05/18/2011 at 4:25 am

@Canuck:

It’s a Hollywood industry issue – making money from the sexual abuse and rape of women in film and TV. Alas it is so commonplace and here we have another pointless remake reinforcing tired and dangerous stereotypes about rape.

As someone who works with rape victims, it’s most depressing

@whatever69: Better a Keith Richards impersonation than a Kardashian sex tape. :)

@Canuck: haha, yeah, but Sookie was indeed supposed to be sassy and bitchy around Eric because he’s too hard to resist like a forbidden fruit.

@whatever69: I’d be willing to wager that it’s not just on TV and film in HW. I’ll bet the place is a cesspool of sleaze that preys on as much of the “fresh young meat” that hits town as possible.

@Mar: Sassy and bitchy yes. But usually wanting someone that badly doesn’t lead to slightly stiff body language, especially when you’re dreaming about them.

speculation about Anna and Alex are disgusting

@porquenon: I think I agree with you. Considering how many girls who are currently watching the trailer and commenting that Alex is beyond hot there might even be an educational bonus: showing girls and women everywhere that sexy, hot men can be the ugly rapist too. It’s not always an ugly, creepy man jumping from behind a bush. Besides – in realy life Alex seems to be a really nice guy with lots of respect for women. I guess it would take a lot of good acting from him to “be” an rapist on screen so I’m also guessing that there’s some fatherly pride in those words.
What I do find slightly sick though is KB and Alex bonding over the scene. Ew. The girl sounds like she needs to go back to acting school if it affects her that much IMO.
Also I find it most interesting that he’s still so private about the relationship. Everyone – incl. Kate very obviously – but him and his family seems ready to use it – just how things are going to work out in the long run is beyond me?

whatever69 @ 05/18/2011 at 7:18 am

@porquenon:

“Art is Art”. Hilarious!! This is a straight to dvd remake so I dispute it being “Art”. It’s a commercial junk.

And again, you perpetuate another myth:- that rape has something to do with desirability.

Eman al-Obeidi, told journalists in Libya that she had been raped and beaten by members of Gaddafi’s militia that one needs to say that sexual attacks have nothing to do with desire, but are about the abuse of power, sadism and mental illness. They have nothing to do with the looks of the victim, contrary to what Straw dogs and other Hollywood movies suggest, in which rape victims are always attractive and usually blond. (Al-Obeidi told journalists, before Gaddafi’s forces dragged her away screaming, that she had been raped by 15 men “and they defecated and urinated on me”. I’m guessing she did not feel flattered.)

This is not a solely a women’s issue but a HUMAN issue and I wish women and men in the film and TV industry would recognise this and try and challenge these stereotypes instead of promoting them.

Then they could really make some art.

by the way, I agree, Breaking the Waves is an incredible movie. I doubt SD will even come close

@Reality:
So you’re calling Alex a liar? Okay..
Anna and Stephen were together long before they even had met Alexander, since he wasn’t cast until shortly before episode 4 started filming, and the pilot was filmed a LONG time before that.
Alex was invited to their wedding, but he was busy filming a movie. But I guess you’re too delusional to understand this.

@Tanter: Oh, I think he’s hot in the trailer, but I’m also aware his character isn’t a ‘good’ guy.

@Tanter, yeah it’s probably a difficult scene, but you’re not actually being raped. To me it’s sort of like filming a war movie and then claiming PTSD.

@whatever69, while I totally agree with you on the rape comments (and don’t forget men are also victims of sexual violence, especially during war), as SD has a trailer and a release date it’s not going straight to dvd. And yes, I’m being picky and anal, but ..

@whatever69:

what a stupid statement, rape happens. globally. all the time.
It should be shown so people are not only aware of it going on, but how to recognise the symptoms as not all rape victims want to talk about it. In the Congo rape occurs every minute. No its not pretty to see on screen, but if it helps elimate even an iota of “she asked for it” then it should be seen. Life isnt always pretty, if you want to see something shallow and vapid then watch a blockbuster like Transformers…

@betsy: The issue is that in the original film at least, she was portrayed as coming to enjoy it. I would hope that isn’t the case in the remake, but if it is, that’s the exact opposite of the sort of message that should be getting put across.

whatever69 @ 05/18/2011 at 8:46 am

@betsy:

Betsy, perhaps you should reread what I wrote. I know rape happens. globally. all the time. I work with rape victims.

But your argument is weak I’m afraid. You are right – rape is not pretty on screen – and we have had many movies and tv programmes about rape since film and tv started but it hasn’t help eliminate even by an iota of “she asked for it” attitude.

In fact rape is increasing on a global scale, as you say for example, the terrible situation in Congo. And rape convictions are at an all time low. How do you think this movie is going to change anything? I’m truly perplexed!!

Or perhaps you can clarify what I wrote that you think is so stupid.

I only was going to say and declare my love for Alex, but these threat is too serious…either way, acting is acting is not like being actually rape, yeah it can affect you but you are an actor, and you should be able to manage this kind of things…and the Stellan comments, I actually laughed so much with the “best rape scene ever” because it’s a sarcasm I laughed so much don’t take it to serious…kb relaysh with Alex, well I always thought that at first he liked her like in the coachella 2010 or in the first pics of them, now he’s jaded…

It’s actually a well known fact that there is a rape scene in this film. It was all over the press when it was first screened and it was pivotal to the original film.

MyFairLady @ 05/18/2011 at 11:30 am

I usually come on here to look at the photos. To be honest, I’m not interested in what the actors have to say about their personal lives. I’m all about the talent and the eye candy. Yeah, that’s right. I’m shallow like that. However, I started reading a first few comments below this feature and half an hour later I’ve gone through all of them.

There are some sound posters amongst you, but I get the impression that the majority of you could not find your own asses with a map. Lots of neigh saying, fortune telling and ass kissing. There are loads of conspiracy theorists here as well. Alex losing his smile when asked about KB? Surely that must mean something? I’ll tell you what it means. It means he doesn’t appreciate being asked such a personal question. We all have some topic that is too taboo for us to discuss. Maybe that’s his. And it’s obvious their relationship is a PR stunt, right? I’m willing to bet that’s wrong. They’ve been seen together now for well over a year, the guy is about the most down-to-earth actor you could encounter, and he’s Swedish – take it from someone who has spent a lot of time in Sweden, the men are really genuine, if not shy – so it’s very unlikely he’d put on a facade like this for so long over a film which was doomed from the beginning. It’s just not a film worthy of all the trouble. I don’t like KB any more than anyone else does, but she managed to score Orlando Bloom so why not Alex? Surely she must have some redeeming qualities to have come this far in life without slitting her wrists, being thrown into a pool of blood thirsty sharks, or being smited by God for her horrible existence. And let’s leave poor Stellan out of this. The guy did the best he could. He had about 30 children to raise in his household (slight exaggeration) so he needed to ensure they were taken care of. Maybe he went about it the wrong way, but kids don’t come with instruction manuals and which one of you can claim your dads were 100% uber awesome? Finally, the rape scene. Ah the legendary in the making rape scene. No decent person sets out to glorify rape when making a film, no one condones it, and I think we can all agree it’s not “art” but sometimes you have to push the boundaries in the creative industry and sometimes you have to confront your deepest fears in order to get a point across. I tell you this as a rape victim myself. There are all kinds of horrors in the world and it does no good to the human race’s evolution to ignore them. It also does us no good to spread ignorance to the masses as most of you seem to enjoy doing.

And that, my friends, is my two cents for whatever it’s worth.

@betsy:

However, in the movie “straw Dogs” she does “ask for it” , and enjoy it. This is why the movie was deemed so controversial, especially since the original came out at a time when women were just beginning to organize to ban this myth. And according to this remake, the myth is still being perpetrated.

I think it was a great vehicle for KB to reel Alex in with her crying and I am sure sharing of her traumatic past. she played it well and pulled out the white knight in him, which has always served as a detriment to his relationships.

Pics of Kiki Dunst for the photocall of Melancholia are out. Too bad Alex couldn’t make it.

I gotta say…im am SOOOO stoked for Alex! He’s AHHHmazingly gorgeous obviously..but the man can seriously act. I’ve seen some of his Swedish films, and of course some of his more American roles, and he never ceases to amaze me. He can play a tough as **** soldier, a delicate and troubled drag queen, and yes a completly sexy but mischievious vampire with the greatest of ease! Though I’m sure that StrawDogs is gonna be insane..I’m positve people are going to sit up and say..”damn that guy was pure evil, WHO was THAT??for those who don’t know who is….many soon will!!! BTW–GOOD GAWWWWD on that hammock pic—genious effin’ move whoever thought of that..lmao

@MyFairLady: Say what you think, why don’t you? lol

HesANiceGuy @ 05/18/2011 at 12:59 pm

@MyFairLady: Insightful, and I agree with most of what you said.

@BIANCA: He’s extremely talented (and in a very nice package I might add). I don’t know if it’s a theater school thing, or a being in touch with yourself thing, or something else, but I find that in general, the European actors / actresses manage to convey things better. More real, more economical (gesture-wise). It could be that starting out in lower budget films without all of the special effects to distract forces them to focus more on the acting than the action.

lafamepoma @ 05/18/2011 at 1:08 pm

People you speak about rape in a frivolous way, stop talking about it and don’t relate Alex with this such a bad thing. If he read that, he’d be really angry with you all but who wouldn’t? You all will regret in the future about what you said in the past. We even know how is with friends and family but all I can see with his fans is always charming.

Cafélady @ 05/18/2011 at 1:47 pm

@HesANiceGuy #162 Thanks for remind me on that. Yes, you’re right, it was one of some shortstories (of several authors, I believe) in a book. I mean, I knew that this book exists, but I have never read it.
I read Alex’ shortstory on one of his fansites, so this was my 1st thought to this topic. And yes I agree, of course the story was very well written. :)
I would say he has a talent for writing (as an author).

I don’t know why we are making such a big deal about raping in movies, if is play in a very professional way, which I think is the case, is all in the plot and it involves very heavy storyline and all..what Stellan said about the “best rape ever” it was a joke, and I laughed to be honest, it was like the least thing a father wants to say to his son and the son wants to hear from his father, it is completely being taking out of proportion…
if you ask me about stupid comments to that matter take this:
Kristen Stewart, who played a rape victim in a movie called ” Speak” and make a campaign for the issue
and in an interview said that being papped was like being raped…WTF??

It’s really a shame he couldn’t make it to Cannes. His Dad didn’t seem to be there either.

Cafélady @ 05/18/2011 at 3:04 pm

As for stellan’s (alleged) words about this special Straw Dogs scene; personal I don’t believe that he has had actually the intention to be disrespectful in any sort of. IF he said this truly.
May be this words are part of a longer conversation, and pulled out of the context as Lurie quoted only this one sentence. Further I think -if the quote is truly authentic- he would make a sort of compliment (in an humorous way) to Alex’ direction in an artistic sense, so probably he meant that he thinks the actors especially Alex, made an good (actor-)job. No more, no less.

Possibly Lurie quoted this words intentionally, well known that discussions about that would be following, and with this – discussions about the movie. In that case is it simply a strategy to commercialize the movie. I guess that’s the business in HW.

@Cafélady: I also think that Lurie is misquoting or making things up. Either that, or he’s completely stripped the conversation of it’s context.

@lafamepoma:

Seeing as I’m Scandinavian born and bred.(Norwegian). I just need to correct you here. Scandinavia is made of “Norway, Sweden and Denmark” Only. Finland and Iceland is not part of Scandinavia. They are only part of the North.

Now back to the Pics of him. I think he looks stunning and I’m beginning to wonder where the Swedes hid him hehe. As I’ve lived in Norway with frequent visits to sweden and Stockholm and I’ve never seen a man that stunning. But perhaps I’ve looked in the wrong places hehe.

@SIKJ: You could almost claim him as your own, were it not for the 17th ;)

I’m disappointed, you mean that Sweden isn’t full of delicious yummies like that?

Cafélady @ 05/18/2011 at 4:15 pm

@Canuck #209 …well, it seems like to be misqoted isn’t rare…one give (as actor/actress for example) an interview or say a few sentences to whatever and after that he or she can read anything else or things completely out of the context, or they used for the report/article other words than actually are talked in the interview and so on…in the papers, magazines etc. or online (there is it often more worse)….I think this is one reason that so much so called celebs are very carefully in dealing with the media/reporters and so on. And that’s understandable.

May be that’s the point in Lurie’s case or it is more like I wrote first. Who knows.
But one knows meanwhile that PR-people often knowing and using so much tricks in that business. So it would be probably no surprise if they made it to commercialize the movie…however, there was in the last days so much discussion online and in the papers/magazines, that I would say in that case; mission accomplished at least in part….

@Cafélady: Yeah, mission accomplished. It’s a more than a bit sad to realize that the director/producer feels that it’s necessary to entice an audience with the “lure” of a controversial rape scene. I’m sure that the acting in this is, on the part of Skarsgard at least, superb. But the whole focus of the little bit of publicity we’ve seen so far, ie: rape scene, AS + KB romance makes me doubt that the rest of the film is worth seeing. If it was, the director / producer would be talking about that too.

Movie contracts? @ 05/18/2011 at 4:53 pm

Alot of posts have been about the movie with AS and KB. They have been together off and on since the making of SDs which was around fall 2009. So is it part of a movie contract for the actors to been seen together for two years before the movie is released? I know that it was suppose to be released like over a year ago. I am just wondering how much showmance was really involved here. He hooked up with her in fall of 09, but they have been seen together quite often over the past two years. Rumors of them living together, getting married etc. So is this all in a movie contract or a contract with their publicists? Just wondering how much is true, and how much is fake here. He has not admitted that she is his girlfriend, but has he admitted that in the past with his previous girlfriends? Does anyone know. Seems stange that they would carry on for almost two years, and just for a release of a movie. You really do not see photos of him with other women during this time. I am not a KB fan, but just wondering if anyone has any clarity on any of this,.

Cafélady @ 05/18/2011 at 5:24 pm

@Canuck #213 Yes, you’re right. May be that’s the case, like you said/wrote that -apart of Alex’ acting and this ‘whatever is’ with him and her- the rest of the film possibly isn’t worth to watch in theaters, who knows…but may be we experience a surprise and the movie is better than some supposed…however, we will see and can judge that just after the premiere.

I know I will see this movie definetely – commercialize-strategy or not. But normally I would prefer it to watch it on DVD – especially with a topic like that. And -I suppose this will be again a little strange for some people, but it doesn’t matter- honestly, once and alone Alex is the reason for me to go and see this in theater. Not for the role he plays of course, but in my book, his ability actor-wise make it worth to follow his career..just sayin…I think only he simply deserves his chance for the big screen. And an further plus is, that it seems like he is an very “down-to-earth” guy, always kind and friendly to his fans (I’ve never heard or read once a time the opposite) etc. so I mustn’t have the feeling that I would waste my money with the theater ticket, even for an remake…and of course he is very attractive either ;) ummm…I better stop lol ;)

@Cafélady: LOL, I could almost hear the drooling at the end of that. :)))

If I do see this, it would likely be in DVD. Not that I’m against paying to see it in a theater, but because I’d never manage to sit through the intense scenes and violence. At least with a DVD, it can go on pause for a while. Although to be perfectly honest, I tend to prefer humour in the films I watch, I like being around “happy”.

@College Chick:
ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE YOU’RE IN COLLEGE?

@lololol:

OH COME ON!!! if Kathleen in MD can have or get kids anybody can !!!!!
or were you inferring the PFers are educated, independent, career driven women who chose not to bring children into the world because they knew they weren’t cut out for it? or unable to conceive?

@Movie contracts?:

Jennifer Aniston dated John Mayer for publicity, twice, and for long times each time. It happens. He had a new album to promote, and she had movie to promote.

Cafélady @ 05/18/2011 at 6:10 pm

@Movie contracts? well…showmance or no showmance…I will not comment this further…because none of us knows exactly what’s going on with this ‘whatever is’ with him and her…on the other hand every one has an right to have an own opinion to a topic…and I think he has the right to keep his private life private how much and as far as he wants.
Only that much; as far as I know, apparently he has had magazine-story’s with former girlfriends in the past (once if I remember right, anyhow I mean to remember that something like that exists) in swedish magazines as he was a younger actor, in the early days of his career (I mean I had read something about that on any fansite) and yes, as far as I remember the girl in that story was claimed as his girlfriend.
But of course this must not mean anything. Especially I cannot say whether these articles (if I actually rememer right) are authentic or not.
Unfortunately I cannot give you any links because I have registered this only on the side.

For the present situation must that mean nothing. May be he changed his attitude meanwhile how he want to handle things like that. May be this early storys aren’t true – I don’t know.
Of course, you can read here a lot of several and different opinions.
All I know is; whatever now is going on, it’s his private life.

@Camille: Don’t forget Aniston and Gerard Butler, which was a much more blatant showmance.

@Cafélady: “All I know is; whatever now is going on, it’s his private life”
And I suspect it’s going to stay that way, at least were this relationship is concerned if he ever admits it was primarily a showmance (even if it was).

iamtrue2TB @ 05/18/2011 at 7:51 pm

@Reality: It is eminently disrespectful and rude to make false and disparaging remarks, basically calling Alex Skarsgard a liar, in your post.
Trying to make yourself important by “knowing” how Alex and Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer feel about each other and whether their friendship is genuine or not is immature and silly.
Thank goodness these fine actors have proven themselves to be consummate professionals as well as mature and responsible adults.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/18/2011 at 7:57 pm

@Cafélady: It is one of the many things his close friends will comment on, not only his acting skills but that he is a brilliant writer. :o) I think he is going to have a fine future, in front of and behind the camera.

Cafélady @ 05/18/2011 at 8:03 pm

@ladybug I think it’s probably quite sure, that he don’t want to admit anything to this ‘whatever’ (if actually something to admit exists) and as long as it is a ‘whatever’ now and in the future; even then if the case would be occur that he and her would be suddenly stop to let seen them together or spending time with each other in public (or whatever). And with all due respect, why should he?
Did anyone really think that he ‘owe’ to admit or share anything to other (to him unknown) people or the media which concerned his private life? I don’t think so.

iamtrue2TB @ 05/18/2011 at 8:17 pm

@Sara: Hi! You and I must be on the same wavelength! I just replied to the same post that you did (@Reality). I didn’t see your reply until I posted mine. It is too bad some people cannot tell the difference between what an actor says or does on screen or stage and who he really is in his personal life. Making up stories about how someone “really feels” when you don’t know them isdumb, and also bordering on libel.
I wonder if too much “reality tv” has blurred the distinction.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/18/2011 at 8:22 pm

@MINDA: Is this in regards to the woman who’s child passed away? I think this comment is unnecessary and cruel. I don’t see her posting here, there is no reason to comment on her in such a vile manner.

@Canuck: Considering LVT’s behavior so far, maybe it’s a good thing he wasn’t able to make it.

@ladybug:

Jennifer Aniston is known for her showmances. LOL!

@Canuck: Stellan was seated next to Kirsten at the press conference. He later attended the premiere with his wife.

@Cafélady: Oh, he doesn’t owe us any explanation. However, I think it’s natural to look at him, knowing his personality and behavior, and look at KB, knowing her behavior, and be perplexed.

@AbFab:

Kristen looked great. I liked her dress at the photcall earlier in the day.

@Kellie: And to everyone else who is saying “poor KB for having to endure filming those horrible scenes”: Yes, it would be tough, but she CHOOSE to do it, and she got paid MILLIONS of dollars to do it. If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the people who actually get raped, who don’t have any choice about it, and whose lives are totally ruined by it.

If he would just admit they were together, then speculation would end. Just casually mention it, and move on. I don’t get the need for such secrecy, especially when she obviously doesn’t have a problem showing PDA when she has a famous bf. If he’s doing it to protect their privacy, maybe he shouldnt date a famewhore.

@ladybug: Yes, the case of verbal diarrhea that LVT had was cringe inducing.

@ladybug: Opposites do tend to attract. What I find odd is that there is a total lack of affectionate body language or gestures, unlike what can be seen in photos earlier on.

Opposites attract, sometimes. *
Even a year ago he seemed more affectionate toward her. Now, he looks like he’d rather being helping clean up Japanese nuclear reactors. Hence my belief that come the end of September ‘her’ people will acknowledge the relationship has ended. And since he’s never admitted to being anything other than just friends, doesn’t have to admit anything.

*I just read (Willful Blindness perhaps) where the author points out that in reality people tend to be with people similar or complementary to them, not complete opposites.

lilla syster @ 05/19/2011 at 7:19 am

@Shannon:

He doesn’t exactly keep their relationship or whatever it is in secret, but he doesn’t want to SPEAK it or show up with her in “official” events and show pda in front of paps. This seems to annoy some “fan girls”. The purse and wos looneys think Alex should ask them how to cloth himself, who to date or marry and what he should share to media and fans. They are such a “intelligent” bunch of mature ladies. They know what is best for ASkars ;)

@ladybug: Agreed, he seems to look pained, annoyed and like he’s running away from her in just about every pic that you see of them these days. To be fair though, he could also be pained and annoyed by the paps and determined to not give them the loving couple photo that they are after.

I’d tend to agree with you though. He looks like he’d rather be anywhere else in most of those.

I suppose it depends on what definition of opposite is being used. Completely opposite views on life, children and what’s important, no I can’t see that working. Introverts who marry Extroverts (very very common), Impulsive people who marry cautious ones, etc, those kinds of opposites do tend to attract.

@lilla syster: It’s really more of a comparison as to how openly affectionate they were a year or so ago, and how there is no sign of that now.

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 7:29 am

@ladybug #230 well…may be this what you have said is possibly exactly the problem (in the case if there really is more than this ‘whatever’ of course)…he is -as far as known- a very private person and has obviously the wish to protect his privacy (and I believe him that this is true)…on the other hand it seems like or one can have the impression that she …how can I say it…often isn’t so much private ;) as far as I could observe this since I follow his career as a fan. Nethertheless is all this only speculative. Like I said, we don’t know exactly what’s going on.

As for his and her personality; one must see that we all only can see parts of their personality which they are show in the public. For more to say/judge one must know an other person more private or at least personel.
Sure it is ok, to discuss some pics of him here, I done that myself and said in earlier posts that I find their both body language (in pics one can see them together) a little strange either (for possibly being a couple).
But that must not mean anything. One must remember he never talked about this ‘whatever’, nor has he claimed that he has a gf etc.. May be they are actually just pal’s, may be there is more, who knows.

Sometimes I’m just only a little confused about this topic, why is this detail of his privacy so much important for some people? Of course, people are often just nosy, but sometimes….

@Canuck: Core values, what I’m meaning.
Cafélady: If she’s not his girlfriend, he’s treating her-in public-not very well. If he doesn’t consider her to be a girlfriend (even though she apparently does consider him to her bf) it might be more understandable.
And yes, we’re over analyzing over a few pics/videos, but their body language is very strange. No, he doesn’t haven’t to PDA with her (I understand that), but he really doesn’t seem all that interested in her anymore. There’s no spark.

@ladybug: Core values, totally agree.

Oh oh, they’ve kicked Von Trier out of Cannes (persona non grata) over the remarks he made.

Trier declared persona non grata at Cannes.

I’m so glad that Alex is the one getting over 200 comments on his thread and not the other way around. I really can’t wait for TB to start. I’m eager to see what the new season is going to be like. I just hope it’s better than the last season. Though I’m nervous about once again brining in a ton of new characters. It seems like there are way too many stories already.

@Camille: I’m glad too, it seems that some people have decided to not feed the beast by jumping all over threads about KB.

TB season 4 can not come soon enough for me. Thanks to this GQ interview, we know that they have been doing love scenes. :)))

Its funny how anyone with something intelligent to say gets all the thumbs down, as if everyone here is in denial of the truth.

@Psyche101: Nothing wrong with a dose of denial once and a while. Hollywood reputations are almost certainly built on that very concept. ;)

Personally I would rather him be with someone with standards to live by but I’m not going to stop liking him for what he does in his private life. Please don’t misunderstand me I do not nor have I ever liked KB but who knows maybe if there is more to the whatever …..he sees something that we as the public don’t or can’t …..he’s still hot to look at! My hubby even has a little man crush I think because he tolerates my admiration well.

@chelle:

**My hubby even has a little man crush I think because he tolerates my admiration well.**

You also probably managed to refrain from saying something like “OMG, that man is SEX ON A STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” the first time you saw him when your husband was around. lololol!

I wish Eric looked like this on True Blood! So handsome and sexy! I can’t wait for Sookie and Eric scenes!

I just wish they wouldn’t put so much damn gel in Eric’s hair. I’m actually looking forward to seeing it natural and messy when he has amnesia.

@Camille: Me too, although I don’t suppose Mr. Control Freak the 1000 year old Viking is allowed to have fluffy hair most of the time, lol

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 2:43 pm

@HesANiceGuy “It is one of the many things his close friends will comment on, not only his acting skills but that he is a brilliant writer. :o) I think he is going to have a fine future, in front of and behind the camera.”

Yes, I agree. I think we will see many more of him in the future (in an artistic sense) either. Surely in front of the camera for the following times, but like you said, perhaps someday behind the camera too. It seems like he has several artistic interests, anyhow I find he is very talented – based on that what we have seen/read til today of him (artistic, of couse). :)

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 3:03 pm

@Canuck “LOL, I could almost hear the drooling at the end of that. :)))”

:))

“… Although to be perfectly honest, I tend to prefer humour in the films I watch, I like being around “happy”.”

Whatever will be good for you. Everyone must handle and decide that for the own. I mean, I can understand your point, and of course, one must not watch always these sort of serious movie (regardless whether in theaters or dvd at home)…it’s always a thing of the balance, right? :)

@Canuck:

Probably, it’s supposed to be representative of him being slick and controlled. I much prefer his hair natural though. When he was in bed with Sookie in season 2, his hair looked great. Same with when he was flying and landed at the Queen’s to help Sam.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/19/2011 at 5:14 pm

@lilla syster: Ha!! I loved this post. It is so true on SO many levels… not for everyone at those forums, but overall, YES!

HesANiceGuy @ 05/19/2011 at 5:14 pm

HesANiceGuy @ 05/19/2011 at 5:17 pm

@Cafélady: He co-wrote and directed To Kill A Child with Bjorne Larson

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 6:38 pm

@HesANiceGuy I know. I suppose you have seen it, right? It was an short-movie and very good (anyhow what I’ve seen on YT) :). Sad and so intense. Like I said, he is very talented. I guess Bjorne helped him a little with his experience I guess (he is an director, but I guess you know this already), because as far as I know, it was the first work as director for Alex.

@Canuck: While I really wanted Alex to be able to go to Cannes and get publicity and do some networking, I was worried about two things:
A certain someone showing up
And LVT saying/doing something stupid

So perhaps, in hindsight, it was better that he not be able to attend.

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 6:42 pm

@HesANiceGuy oops, cross out the doubled “I guess” sorry ;)

@Cafélady: I know it’s a bit silly because it’s only a movie, but there are some films that I have seen 5 or 6 times and never actually seen the whole thing. Too many parts where I either had to close my eyes and cover my ears, or get up and do something (anything) urgently. The ridiculous thing about that is that in real life, faced with something nasty, I don’t react that way. Must be the soundtrack…

@Camille: I agree, but it makes him look more boyish and innocent, so I suppose that doesn’t work for Mr. Big Bad Vampire Viking. I loved that scene when he was tucking his hair back behind his ears, asking if Sookie had mentioned him. :))

@ladybug: Or maybe he, his father and LVT would have gone out partying so late the night before that LVT would have had a monstrous hangover and not said a word. Whatever possessed him to even approach a subject like that?

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 7:58 pm

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 8:01 pm

@Canuck sorry, I forgot to adress…I’m sorry, but which movie you mean exactly; “To Kill a Child” or the original “Straw Dogs”-movie? Or was it meant in general? And no it’s not silly, if one is look away from some scenes in a movie. :) Often it is understandable…really.

@Cafélady: I mean films in general.

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 8:30 pm

@Canuck Oh, ok.
It is supposedly not the same thing as for you, but I have experienced that (a movie a few times seen, but never the whole thing) once and only…-oh I know some fans of it will possibly a little miffed for that, sorry for that-…with A Space Odyssey from Stanley Kubrick…not once a time I have seen the end…because every time I dropped off before….

@Canuck:

I loved that scene too. He was totally cute in that, fiddling with his hair.