Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard heats up the June 2011 cover of GQ, on newsstands May 24.

Here’s what the 34-year-old True Blood star shared in the “Here Comes The Viking” cover feature:

On his dad, Stellan, who’s also an actor: “I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion … Maybe it was a way to get his attention. I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”

On life in L.A. and the entertainment industry: “Hollywood can be like kids playing marbles on the schoolyard. Everybody wants the shiny marble until one kid says he doesn’t. Then nobody will touch it. So it’s important that I make good decisions now.”

Straw Dogs director Rod Lurie on co-stars and real-life couple Alexander and Kate Bosworth: “In the beginning [of filming the rape scene], Kate would be crying after every take and Alex would try to comfort her. By the end, everybody got really raw.”

For more of Alexander‘s interview, check out GQ.com!

FYI: Alex is wearing an IWC Pilot’s Watch Mark XVI and Dockers‘ SF Tapered Khaki.

alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 01
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 02
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 03

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: « 15 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Show All

I wish Eric looked like this on True Blood! So handsome and sexy! I can’t wait for Sookie and Eric scenes!

I just wish they wouldn’t put so much damn gel in Eric’s hair. I’m actually looking forward to seeing it natural and messy when he has amnesia.

@Camille: Me too, although I don’t suppose Mr. Control Freak the 1000 year old Viking is allowed to have fluffy hair most of the time, lol

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 2:43 pm

@HesANiceGuy “It is one of the many things his close friends will comment on, not only his acting skills but that he is a brilliant writer. :o) I think he is going to have a fine future, in front of and behind the camera.”

Yes, I agree. I think we will see many more of him in the future (in an artistic sense) either. Surely in front of the camera for the following times, but like you said, perhaps someday behind the camera too. It seems like he has several artistic interests, anyhow I find he is very talented – based on that what we have seen/read til today of him (artistic, of couse). :)

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 3:03 pm

@Canuck “LOL, I could almost hear the drooling at the end of that. :)))”

:))

“… Although to be perfectly honest, I tend to prefer humour in the films I watch, I like being around “happy”.”

Whatever will be good for you. Everyone must handle and decide that for the own. I mean, I can understand your point, and of course, one must not watch always these sort of serious movie (regardless whether in theaters or dvd at home)…it’s always a thing of the balance, right? :)

@Canuck:

Probably, it’s supposed to be representative of him being slick and controlled. I much prefer his hair natural though. When he was in bed with Sookie in season 2, his hair looked great. Same with when he was flying and landed at the Queen’s to help Sam.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/19/2011 at 5:14 pm

@lilla syster: Ha!! I loved this post. It is so true on SO many levels… not for everyone at those forums, but overall, YES!

HesANiceGuy @ 05/19/2011 at 5:14 pm

HesANiceGuy @ 05/19/2011 at 5:17 pm

@Cafélady: He co-wrote and directed To Kill A Child with Bjorne Larson

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 6:38 pm

@HesANiceGuy I know. I suppose you have seen it, right? It was an short-movie and very good (anyhow what I’ve seen on YT) :). Sad and so intense. Like I said, he is very talented. I guess Bjorne helped him a little with his experience I guess (he is an director, but I guess you know this already), because as far as I know, it was the first work as director for Alex.

@Canuck: While I really wanted Alex to be able to go to Cannes and get publicity and do some networking, I was worried about two things:
A certain someone showing up
And LVT saying/doing something stupid

So perhaps, in hindsight, it was better that he not be able to attend.

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 6:42 pm

@HesANiceGuy oops, cross out the doubled “I guess” sorry ;)

@Cafélady: I know it’s a bit silly because it’s only a movie, but there are some films that I have seen 5 or 6 times and never actually seen the whole thing. Too many parts where I either had to close my eyes and cover my ears, or get up and do something (anything) urgently. The ridiculous thing about that is that in real life, faced with something nasty, I don’t react that way. Must be the soundtrack…

@Camille: I agree, but it makes him look more boyish and innocent, so I suppose that doesn’t work for Mr. Big Bad Vampire Viking. I loved that scene when he was tucking his hair back behind his ears, asking if Sookie had mentioned him. :))

@ladybug: Or maybe he, his father and LVT would have gone out partying so late the night before that LVT would have had a monstrous hangover and not said a word. Whatever possessed him to even approach a subject like that?

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 7:58 pm

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 8:01 pm

@Canuck sorry, I forgot to adress…I’m sorry, but which movie you mean exactly; “To Kill a Child” or the original “Straw Dogs”-movie? Or was it meant in general? And no it’s not silly, if one is look away from some scenes in a movie. :) Often it is understandable…really.

@Cafélady: I mean films in general.

Cafélady @ 05/19/2011 at 8:30 pm

@Canuck Oh, ok.
It is supposedly not the same thing as for you, but I have experienced that (a movie a few times seen, but never the whole thing) once and only…-oh I know some fans of it will possibly a little miffed for that, sorry for that-…with A Space Odyssey from Stanley Kubrick…not once a time I have seen the end…because every time I dropped off before….

@Canuck:

I loved that scene too. He was totally cute in that, fiddling with his hair.

Pages: « 15 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Show All