Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard heats up the June 2011 cover of GQ, on newsstands May 24.

Here’s what the 34-year-old True Blood star shared in the “Here Comes The Viking” cover feature:

On his dad, Stellan, who’s also an actor: “I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion … Maybe it was a way to get his attention. I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”

On life in L.A. and the entertainment industry: “Hollywood can be like kids playing marbles on the schoolyard. Everybody wants the shiny marble until one kid says he doesn’t. Then nobody will touch it. So it’s important that I make good decisions now.”

Straw Dogs director Rod Lurie on co-stars and real-life couple Alexander and Kate Bosworth: “In the beginning [of filming the rape scene], Kate would be crying after every take and Alex would try to comfort her. By the end, everybody got really raw.”

For more of Alexander‘s interview, check out GQ.com!

FYI: Alex is wearing an IWC Pilot’s Watch Mark XVI and Dockers‘ SF Tapered Khaki.

alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 01
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 02
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 03

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All
Natasha, Veggie for years @ 05/17/2011 at 8:07 am

@Natalie Portman diss: That really sucks that Stellan would pick on someone for being a veggie!!! I’m a vegetarian and it’s nobody’s business why I choose to be and it’s nobody’s business what I eat. That’s like me criticizing others for eating red meat or for their personal choices in life. He’s not better than anybody else to be all judgmental like that. In fact, from what I’ve heard this man has tons of flaws in his personality that I can pick on. He sounds like a rude old man who thinks he’s better than everybody else!!!

POTC fangirl @ 05/17/2011 at 8:10 am

I’m not a vegetarian/vegan but I respect those that are and I think what they’re doing is actually pretty noble because they respect all forms of life. It’s possible that Alex’s old man was just playing around. That’s what I hope. Because if he was serious then that’s pretty fcuking rude.

@JJ NEEDS SPOILER ALERT WARNING: It’s a remake, therefore it’s not exactly a spoiler.

Louisiana Gal @ 05/17/2011 at 8:15 am

@GREAT NEW INTERVIEW: HAHAHA So true!!! Can ya’ll imagine what True Blood would be like without Alex as Eric Northman??? The show would suck. People certainly wouldn’t watch it just to see Beeehl who looks like he’s a HUNDRED years old!!! So maybe we owe a big Thank You to his swedish absentee father for not being such a good dad to him.

I like that he said Anna is like a sister to him.

YUCKY ICKY @ 05/17/2011 at 8:17 am

Geez I cant believe he and Kate could have hanky panky after filming those scenes. I know the man is hot but I woulda felt seriously creeped out.

Get over it @ 05/17/2011 at 8:18 am

@Natalie Portman diss:

This has nothing to do with Alex. Nada.

This is what happens when actors try to be “CONTROVERSIAL” – they end up getting themselves into difficult situations they then regret. Kate was trying to be different and edgy and in the process had to endure reshooting those horrible scenes. Bad decision on her part. And also bad decision on him for choosing to play a rapist. As a man, I honestly wouldn’t be able to do that.

Isn’t this like the THIRD TIME he’s played a rapist?? Give it a break already, there’s no need to do it once much less three freakin times. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but those characters just creep me out.

I love that in this interview he’s a little more intimate and open with his fans. Some celebs are so phoney the way they try to portray their families as perfect. So even though he doesn’t portray his dad in the best light here, I’m just glad he’s BEING HONEST and is sharing some of his life with his fans. That’s really refreshing.

I HATE SPOILERS @ 05/17/2011 at 8:31 am

@Ladybug: “It’s a remake, therefore it’s not exactly a spoiler.” —–> They said time and time again that it was very different from the original Straw Dogs. Askars said so himself in an interview. He said the whole script was different. Some people were thinking there would be an ATTEMPTED rape scene but that it would be interrupted. Now it looks like it will be a full rape scene. So YES IT WAS A MAJOR SPOILER. Not JJ’s smartest move.

@Liz: “I like that he said Anna is like a sister to him.”
———————-
OH PUHLEASE. You actually believe that? In every video of them she acts so weird around him. Lost of people say she has a bit of a crush on him and that he actually liked here at the beginning of shooting TB but that Stephen Moyer beat him to it and asked her out first. And Askars didn’t even go to their wedding. Actors just say these things to be nice and make everything look all glossy and pretty.

I also read that comment about Stellan dissing Natalie Portman for being a vegetarian and it kinda made me cringe. It was from a few years back. I think Askars takes after his mom more than his dad. I could never see her making douchey comments like that. And Askars seems to be respectful like her.

Wow flattering airbrushed pics

@Reality: “lots of people” What a wonderfully weasly phrase. Was AS even at the beginning of filming, since Eric doesn’t show up until episode 4?

Boston girl @ 05/17/2011 at 8:47 am

Take it from someone who grew up without a dad, atleast Alex’s dad was around some of the time rather than no time at all. But I still feel kinda bad for Alex. I can relate wanting that love and time from them

@kitty:

how do you think she got him?

I sure she told him she was abused or raped.

It’s obvious Stellan chose to make his career a priority over his kids when Askars was younger and I’m sure it was difficult for Askar’s mom to be the primary caregiver… but the past is the past. And Askars can learn from this and not make the same mistakes. Let’s just hope it’s not KB who he has kids with!!!

Mommy of two Pugs @ 05/17/2011 at 8:55 am

Ooooh good interview! I love new stuff. Stellan seems to be trying to be there for the new baby b/c I don’t see him working as much. It must not be easy for a man of his age to be caring for a little one. And it can be stressful to know you might not be around to see them get married. So he probably wants to be there as much as possible now.

Hmmm....... @ 05/17/2011 at 9:00 am

It’s great that Stellan seems to be more of a hands-on dad now to his toddler but it’s a shame that he wasn’t there for Alexander. That part of the interview made me sad. And it also seems kinda disingenuous that he’s taking more of an active role until now just because he’s old and won’t be able to have as long with his new kid. That just seems more about him than about the child.

i dont really care about stelen or whatever his name is. he’s just a senior citizen who’s not even remotely famous here in the u.s. not even my celeb crazed friends know who he is. all i care about is alex. and that smoking hot white tank he’s wearing!! ROWR

JEALOUS GIRL @ 05/17/2011 at 9:05 am

@Yummy: LOL I never thought I’d say this but I’m actually jealous of that white tank!!

Anybody see the trailer for Season Four in the previous JJ post? Beeeeehl is dressed up like some kind of rock musician. But Stephen Moyer looks pretty old so he looks more like one of those retired ancient rockstars {like Mick Jagger}. But I don’t think “retired rock star” was the look they were going for!!! HAHAHAHAHA

JOE M. + ALEX = PERFECT MAN @ 05/17/2011 at 9:16 am

@Beeehl: yeah i noticed that. ROFL. and also alcide’s body = WOW OH WOW! if i could find a man with alcide/joe m’s body and Alexander skarsgard’s face i’d be the happiest woman in the world!

Love the white tank pic, the others are kind of foppish looking :(. And too much photoshop, it’s nice when he looks like Alex, not some overly prettified version of himself.

Loved the interview. I’d have been yelling “f’ing awesome!” too after landing on the deck of an aircraft carrier, that’s got to be a huge adrenaline rush.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All