Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard heats up the June 2011 cover of GQ, on newsstands May 24.

Here’s what the 34-year-old True Blood star shared in the “Here Comes The Viking” cover feature:

On his dad, Stellan, who’s also an actor: “I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion … Maybe it was a way to get his attention. I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”

On life in L.A. and the entertainment industry: “Hollywood can be like kids playing marbles on the schoolyard. Everybody wants the shiny marble until one kid says he doesn’t. Then nobody will touch it. So it’s important that I make good decisions now.”

Straw Dogs director Rod Lurie on co-stars and real-life couple Alexander and Kate Bosworth: “In the beginning [of filming the rape scene], Kate would be crying after every take and Alex would try to comfort her. By the end, everybody got really raw.”

For more of Alexander‘s interview, check out GQ.com!

FYI: Alex is wearing an IWC Pilot’s Watch Mark XVI and Dockers‘ SF Tapered Khaki.

alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 01
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 02
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 03

Photos: Carter Smith/GQ
Posted to: Alexander Skarsgard, Magazine

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 811 » Show All

The shot that they’ve put on the cover… the hand on his hip… they’ve photoshopped it (thumb area) but left some “extra but should have been photoshopped out” hand in there. ASkars alien hand. You’d think that at the very least they’d use someone who isn’t an intern to manipulate images or perhaps proof “view” it beforehand.

@lafamepoma: I’d say there are a lot of not famous people who spend a lot of time pursuing their careers in their 20′s, 30′s and 40′s and who miss a lot of their children’s lives while growing up.

Canuck and Camill are PSYCHOS @ 05/17/2011 at 4:07 pm

WOW AFTER THE FIRST 50 COMMENTS THE STANS CAME IN!! It’s all Camille and Canuck posting. Talk about obsessed.

@Canuck and Camill are PSYCHOS: Yes, having a conversation on a topic that you enjoy with someone is obsession. You must be a lonely sad little soul. And look, CAPS…

If you are really that desperate for attention, you could just ask to join in rather than using CAPS in the hopes someone will notice you.

@whatever69: “Has anyone read this article and seen this quote. Alex’s dad said to him “The best rape scene ever filmed” WTF As a woman, this is just too offensive”
———————————————————————-
OMG THAT’S SICK AND CREEPY AS FCUK!!! I didn’t read the entire article but now I’m going to. My stomache literally felt queasy reading that. He’s trying to make it sound like it’s “Artistic” or something. That’s so sick!

I find it odd that he said Anna is like a sis to him, cuz they never are seen together. Maybe its an on-set sibling thing.

This is from Dlisted.com: “So GQ kept ASKars’ body under wraps and then brings up rape and Kate Bosworth’s name in the article. Way to break a wave of boners, GQ. Why didn’t go they all the way by making Gwyneth Paltrow interview ASkars about his feelings on CROCS in the room where Osama was killed?” bahahahaha

@Canuck and Camill are PSYCHOS:

Really? You’ve nothing better to say than that? They are just having a discussion. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. At least they’re sticking to talking about Alexander.

Oh and has any interviewer point blank asked him about his relationship w/ Kate, or do they just keep implying it. Neither the director, nor Alex said they were a couple, so is the interviewer just using gossip? I want someone to directly ask him, “Are you and Kate a couple?”

Best Rape Scene - I think NOT @ 05/17/2011 at 4:21 pm

@Best Rape Scene Ever?: I noticed that too. It was really gross to read that Stellan said that. Glamorizing rape and trying to make it art is not cool. Violence and sexual aggression against women is becoming the norm and people aren’t realizing how bad this is getting. There’s an epidemic of assaults on campus. HUGE numbers of young women are getting raped in college.Even Yale is now embroiled in a scandal b/c they were trying to cover up the number of women that were raped and weren’t helping them when they came forward. And now we have a movie that is all about machoness and rape and the father of Askars condoning it and congratulating him. It’s wrong on so many levels.

Canuck gives me the creeps just as much as Stellan’s dad does. She sounds like she’s obsessed with the entire Skarsgard family and whenever there’s any bad mention of any of them she goes all pit bull. Crazy Beyotch needs to get a life. She has been posting for hours!!

@Shannon: Michael K is so funny! I imagine the sis comment is to underline that he has no desire to jump her bones.

OMG Canuck is like having a freaking conversation with herself on here…. She sounds delusional … HAHAHAHA …Too funny.

@Shannon:

I often wonder this too. I also wonder how long ago this interview took place. It’s obvious the photoshoot, at the very least, took place some time ago so maybe the interview as as well.

@Jenn: Oh dear, am I know being stalked by some nutjob who doesn’t know how to read? Please, by all means link to where I’ve gone “pitbull” and / or shown any signs of being obsessed by “the entire Skarsgard family”. LOL. Btw, changing names doesn’t mean I don’t recognize you ;)

I’m seriously getting a CREEPER ALERT from Stellan Skarsgard.To say this was the best rape ever??? Plus he’s married to a woman he knocked up who is like half his age and could be his kid. I dunno…. something seems really weird about this man.

EEEEEEK! Did any of you know that Stellan also played a rapist in a a movie he did with Nicole Kidman? It’s on the site StellanOnline. The article said: “Stellan Skarsgård is no stranger to demanding or unpopular roles, as his rape scene with Nicole Kidman proved.”
———————
What in the he11 is wrong with the Skarsgard men who keep playing the role of rapists??? Do they have some kind of sick fetish??? Fcuk!!

@STELLAN ALSO PLAYED A RAPIST: Ohhhh I wish I hadn’t read your comment! This on top of him saying “best rape ever” just gives me the hibby jibbies. And this is coming from a fan.

Reading ability? @ 05/17/2011 at 4:51 pm

“they watched the scene as it was being cut together. “They seemed more like best friends than father and son,” says Lurie. At the end, Stellan stood up and spoke those words every boy longs to hear. Says Lurie, “He proclaimed it ‘the best rape ever filmed.’ ”

Says Lurie!
if it’s true, that makes them both creepy IMHO.

Can we please talk about something else? The last 4 posts are all the same person talking about the same thing. Talk about creepy, get over it, this is a post about Alex, not his dad. I think Lurie is full of sh*t anyway.

Back to something postive, Alex looks super hot in the pics. I wish they would have done some in black and white. He always looks smokin in B&W.

Reading ability? @ 05/17/2011 at 4:56 pm

@Jessie:
I’m not :/ I agree, Lurie is full of ****.

@Jessie: They have a few on the slideshow on the GQ site. Mr. Yummy showed up for sure!

SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH THEM! @ 05/17/2011 at 5:03 pm

@Reading ability?: All THREE MEN are creepy weirdos: Stellan, Alex, and Lurie. WTF is this??? Rape is not art and never will be. This is so sick and so offensive on so many levels.

Soooo he’s too private to discuss kbos, but he’s not too private to give an interview about how he lost his virginity. ??? Ok then.

Elisabeth @ 05/17/2011 at 5:06 pm

@Jessie: JESSI GET BACK TO STANNING HIM ON FACEBOOK. AND THANK YOU TO whatever69 WHO BROUGHT THIS TO OUR ATTENTION. I DIDN’T READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE SO I DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE THAT ASKAR’S FATHER TOLD HIM “BEST RAPE SCENE EVER”.

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 811 » Show All