Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard Covers 'GQ' June 2011

Alexander Skarsgard heats up the June 2011 cover of GQ, on newsstands May 24.

Here’s what the 34-year-old True Blood star shared in the “Here Comes The Viking” cover feature:

On his dad, Stellan, who’s also an actor: “I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion … Maybe it was a way to get his attention. I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”

On life in L.A. and the entertainment industry: “Hollywood can be like kids playing marbles on the schoolyard. Everybody wants the shiny marble until one kid says he doesn’t. Then nobody will touch it. So it’s important that I make good decisions now.”

Straw Dogs director Rod Lurie on co-stars and real-life couple Alexander and Kate Bosworth: “In the beginning [of filming the rape scene], Kate would be crying after every take and Alex would try to comfort her. By the end, everybody got really raw.”

For more of Alexander‘s interview, check out GQ.com!

FYI: Alex is wearing an IWC Pilot’s Watch Mark XVI and Dockers‘ SF Tapered Khaki.

alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 01
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 02
alexander skarsgard gq june 2011 03

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 911 » Show All
A conversation @ 05/17/2011 at 5:06 pm

Girl # 1: “He is so my type.”
Girl # 2: “He’s everybody’s type.”

Alejandra S. @ 05/17/2011 at 5:09 pm

I dont think I could stomache watching this film since my BFF was raped in her sophomore year in college and I was there for her when the cops came and talked to her. If it was traumatic for me I can’t even imagine what it was like for her. But I agree with the comments that this isn’t art and never will be. It’s disrespectful AND DANGEROUS to women everywhere to turn rape into art.

@Elisabeth:

F*ck off and say something useful. I’m talking about the PICTURES in the article, you know, the TOPIC of this JJ post. Moron!

This movie is obviously not mainstream. Most people – and that includes both men and women – don’t want to watch a rape scene unless they are sick in the head. So as far as their career goes, this won’t bring them mass appeal or fame. And it also doesn’t look like a Cannes arthouse film. The entire movie is a waste of time.

@Canuck:

I just saw those. He’s so gorgeous in B&W! I just love when they do shots of him that way.

HesANiceGuy @ 05/17/2011 at 5:15 pm

@Ladybug: Stephen and Ana were all ready together when Alex came on board. He was in Sweden when they got married, and anyone who was at Paley can see the chemistry between Stephen and Alex, they are obviously friends. Don’t try to making something a rumor that isn’t even there.

@STELLAN FAN:

LOL. You really think nobody here knows you’re talking to yourself, don’t ya?

Deborah in Orlando, FL @ 05/17/2011 at 5:19 pm

Maybe to Alex it’s not a big deal to film a rape scene b/c his dad played a rapist in that Nicole Kidman movie. I guess to Alex it might seem normal and “artsy” or whatever. But if I was a male actor I would avoid those types of roles like the plague. There’s already too much physical and sexual violence in our culture. Why add more?

@Jessie: Yeah, the “retro-ness” of it looks good on him.

lafamepoma @ 05/17/2011 at 5:40 pm

Oh come on people! leave the movie away and enjoy Alex’s beauty. Alex is the kind of person who wouldn’t do anything bad to a person even an animal. You’re stuck in talking about the rape scene and why he got this role but why don’t you ask yourself why the original actors got the role? Think about it.

okay I’m probably going to get myself in trouble for this but here goes. I saw the original and found it intense and disturbing but just because a movie has a rape scene in it doesn’t mean the film is in any way approving of rape. Just as when lots of movies show someone getting murdered or killed, doesn’t mean that film approves of it. In the original, as I recall, the rape scene was more of a question mark as in was it really rape or did the character actually want to have sex with the guy. I think it spoke more to the conflicted nature of her character and this version may be the same. And I enjoy Canuck and Camille’s comments, so go play bully on another board if you don’t.

Cafélady @ 05/17/2011 at 5:41 pm

@Foofa #124 …it wasn’t an interview – he took this experience as a base to wrote a short story…like an first step to write stories – he said once, if I remember right…you can check this on one of his fansites.

Anna is like a sister to me @ 05/17/2011 at 5:46 pm

“It’s really clear to Steve and to everybody else what the deal is—which is that Anna is like a sister to me,” Skarsgård says. “Those love scenes take quite a bit of acting, actually. A lot of acting.”
…………..
1 – The fact that he seems to be OVER EMPHASIZING how there’s nothing sexual just leads me to believe that the rumors are true and that at one point he did like Anna even if it was just an innocent crush. It’s pretty clear they’re not as close as bro and sis. Anna is a lot closer to Ryan Kwanten in that way.
…………..
2- Also, he could have worded it better than saying “Those love scenes take quite a bit of acting, actually. A lot of acting.”. I mean that sounds kinda insulting to Anna. But again, I think he’s compensating for the fact that at one time it was more than a friendly liking he had for her.

@lafamepoma: I agree with you — from everything I’ve ever heard about the guy, he’s one of the nicest guys around. Speaking of, there’s a new fan video taken when fans watched some TB filming. Once again, he is great to the fans and so is Stephen Moyer. Both these guys should be applauded for it.

@seeshay: We all know you are either Canuck or Camille – this thread’s stans.

Hey here come the fat old azz-wiping stay-at-home hags from the PF forum. I guess they just got home from picking up the kids from school. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

@Alejandra S.: try giving a rape exam….I have done that and that’s awful for all involved especially the victims. They get victimized all over again by professionals.
@Elisabeth: Does anyone know how to say dry wit or sarcastic humor? I don’t think stellan was being serious. I guess you have to be a smart ass to get a smart ass

@seeshay:

Thank you, I like it when you comment also. I won’t even diginfy that person’s idiotic comments with a response. Most of what we were talking about was Alex, and his movie, the article, and the shoot. I don’t get what the problem is there. That’s kind of the point of this whole thread. What occured after was a flurry of moronic activity by the same person or people. Whatever, it happens all the time here. *shrugs*

@wAH wAH: Is that “we all” as in ” you, yourself and I + the 15 aliases that you use to post?” Yeah, thought so…

@Camille: I’d say that it’s someone who is bored with where ever they usually hang out online and that come looking to sh*t disturb. If they weren’t such *ssholes, I’d feel sorry for them. Can you imagine being so lonely that you have to resort to insulting random posters on the internet for attention? It’s kind of pathetic really…

Also, thanks to Seeshay. :)

@HesANiceGuy: Are you responding to my post at #40? I was responding to reality’s post, not saying that AS and AP having something going on, quite the opposite.

Merrick and the thumbs @ 05/17/2011 at 6:11 pm

Merrick is playing with the votes again.

@Merrick and the thumbs: How would that be possible?

@College Chick:

LOL you really think they have any kids?

Is it just me or are these photos really disappointing? I think Alex is a beautiful, beautiful man but these photos are just wrong somehow. Whether they’ve been heavily photoshopped or he was just painfully thin at the time, even his coloring looks off. One of his websites stated unequivocally there will no video accompanying this shoot and that also makes me suspicious.

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 911 » Show All