George Clooney: 'The Descendants' Trailer!

George Clooney: 'The Descendants' Trailer!

George Clooney has a serious chat in the trailer for his new dramedy, The Descendants, in theaters December 16.

Synopsis: Matt King (Clooney), an indifferent husband and father of two girls, is forced to re-examine his past and embrace his future when his wife suffers a boating accident off of Waikiki. The event leads to a rapprochement with his young daughters while Matt wrestles with a decision to sell the family’s land handed down from Hawaiian royalty and missionaries.

The Descendants also stars Shailene Woodley, Matthew Lillard, and Judy Greer.

George Clooney: ‘The Descendants’ Trailer

What the heck is this? I fell asleep watching this trailer. Looks cheesy as hell and only was made to get some cheap Oscar noms.

Jesus, he looks so old.

Same acting style for decades. He is an incredibly one note actor. NEXT!

Looks ok. I wouldn’t see it in a movie theater but I would get it on Redbox.

Looking forward to seeing this.
Realism for a change. Films we can relate to and reflect upon. Alexander Payne’s Sideways explored human nature too. Drama & comedy.
Wonder why it got R rating.
Great scenery.
Btw, Clooney’s hair looks great in this.

I don’t understand why there are negative comments. I think this looks like a very good movie. I guess the lack of explosions turns people off.

he looking his age…nowadays..They already sending out Free test models of iPad 2..but ONLY if you live in United States..i got 2..sent 1 to my mom house & 1 to my dorm..lol http://goo.gl/Q8i0S

Valentina @ 05/26/2011 at 8:11 pm

Oh, questo film sembra così interessante.
Mi chiedo quando sarà rilasciato.
Ma io vivo a Londra.
Spero che George Clooney ha terminato con quella spazzatura Elisabrutta Cagnalis quando il film è stato rilasciato. Se vedo le foto della strega ad una premiere di nuovo con lui, mi fermo a guardare i suoi film. Lei è così vile e troppo brutto per un uomo affascinante come lui.

It looks great. I can’t wait to see it.

Dave Duke @ 05/27/2011 at 4:36 am

Is this film set in the 1970s?
He played a real softie dad in One Fine Day.
But now he has precocious & troubled older daughters to deal with. Should be quite a challenge. Yep, kind of film that occupies my brain.

matinee idol @ 05/27/2011 at 4:44 am

Lush scenery.
Quirky kids. George looks hot, even if he runs kinda funny…lol
This sounds real good.

@matinee idol: the scene shows he’s running in a panic or alarmed. Not going for a marathon, sprint or jogging. So that’s how you’d expect someone to run under the circumstances.

It looks so great. Can’t wait till it’s released in December.

justsayin'too @ 05/27/2011 at 5:50 pm

he looks great and real! I like that he doesn’t try to pretend he isn’t 50.

Emily Owen @ 05/28/2011 at 12:29 pm

Looking forward to seeing this film. However I do prefer his more serious stuff, loved Michael Clayton and The American. The only thing I didn’t like about this trailer was when he was running – it looked like he had wet his pants lol .

Reggie Rasta @ 05/28/2011 at 4:34 pm

Irie, mon! Mi love Hawaii. Dem grow greenest herbs.
Pon al day mi affi smoke atleast 5 spliff, … yes rasta….mi cyan usually bun a gran bag from ki ki, chopper or lloyde putt inna one day. … usually bun a craven a when mi done smoke mi herbs…
But unlike Bill Clinton, mon, mi inhale. Nah waste da herbs…

Promenader @ 05/29/2011 at 5:50 am

I’d love to see George in a musical. Read that he was going to play Sinatra in a bio-pic. Hope he does his own singing.
Yes indeed, I heard he has a great voice. Must be in his genes from clan Clooney.
George, apparently, belts out some great jazz tunes when in the mood :-)
…And this film sounds great too. Can’t imagine him as a dad of unruly teenage daughters. But being a great actor, he’ll deliver a brilliant role.

Jigsaw Puzzle @ 05/29/2011 at 5:56 am

George looks great in this trailer. Healthy too..
I think the Hawaiian sunshine agrees with him. His hair is his best asset.

“Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” – Coco Chanel.

And George looks more handsome at 50 than he did at 20.

Normal Things @ 05/30/2011 at 2:12 am

George Clooney has exceptionally transformed into his role, will be very interesting to observe him playing a dad and a person who has problems. Some amount of time passed by since One Fine Day and it is interesting to see how his views have changed.
Film about reality, relationships between people… I wait for it with anticipation!

Really there @ 05/30/2011 at 2:14 am

In reality I bet he would ever have daughter girls, only boys… Just look at his chin! With him every woman feels herself completely helpless.

The trailer looks great! Watching George run in flip flops is worth the price of admission right there! :D