Angelina Jolie: 'Salt' Sequel in the Works?

Angelina Jolie: 'Salt' Sequel in the Works?

Angelina Jolie is close to reprising her role as Evelyn Salt in the action thriller Salt.

Sony Pictures, the studio behind the first flick, “is moving forward on its much speculated Salt sequel,” Deadline reports.

Kurt Wimmer has reportedly started writing it for Angelina, who “wants to do [it] if it comes together right.”

FYI: Angelina turned 36 on Saturday (June 4). Happy belated birthday, Angie!!!

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Angelina Jolie back as Evelyn Salt?

Credit: Dave Hogan; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 710 » Show All

Fantastic!

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 06/06/2011 at 10:48 pm

Tthat’s awesome if it is true. Can’t wait.

I mean it would be fantastic, if true.

Thank you, Jared!

sounds great !!!!!

If they do make a 2nd Salt, I would prefer it if Angie leaves more to the stuntwoman.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! @ 06/06/2011 at 10:54 pm

You can’ t put up a thread to celebrate the birthday of a woman who got you established on the web but this you can post on??

Sell-out much Jared?

Worth Reposting @ 06/06/2011 at 10:57 pm

SALT 2- YES!!! @ 06/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

Thumb up Thumb down +4

wow- LOVED Salt so much- can hardly wait to see Ev back kicking butt- Angie is so awesome!! Here is a little JP hotness from the Salt LA premiere:

f yeah for salt 2! Happy birthday ange xx

YES!!!! This will be awesome :)

haters whatever @ 06/06/2011 at 11:03 pm

I’ve liked Angelina since Gia , girl interrupted, playing by heart and it’s sad to see how she takes easy non challenging roles. I’m sure she’ll get mega money for salt sequel but I wish she cared about starring in a good movie rather than the amount of $$. Plus, it sucks to see her all skinny and fragile doing stunts. UGH! at least gain weight if all you’re gonna do is Action $$$ movies.

He*ll yeah!!!

AMH and Changeling were goood movies. Critics were biased against Angie.

I enjoyed Salt and would be very interested in a sequel. I just can’t get enough of Angie, she’s great! <3

groundcontrol @ 06/06/2011 at 11:07 pm

Great News!
Success breeds more success.

So it’s true, they’re trying to make Evelyn Salt the female Jason Bourne?

Congrats Angie! it will be awesome hope you join in.

Some Bunny @ 06/06/2011 at 11:11 pm

SALT is probably 1 of my favorite movies staring Angelina Jolie. Can’t wait for the sequel. AWESOME News! And what a beautiful choice for the picture JJ for this story!

Blessings to the JP’s and to their family and fans!

It is perfectly right.

groundcontrol @ 06/06/2011 at 11:13 pm

I’d like to see more of Salt’s backstory dealt with and how she adjusted to coming to the US. That area is ripe for all kinds of psychological drama. Might also provide some interesting twists in the story.
I’m really happy to read all the praise for Tree of Life. Looks like the overwhelming majority of critics trult appreciate Malick’s vision. Nice to see Brad getting such kudos for his portrayal. Let the Oscar buzz continue.

Beautiful Angelina. Salt was great. Hope this happens. 36 has never looked so glamorous. Other actresses only wish they could be this amazing.

groundcontrol @ 06/06/2011 at 11:15 pm

If Salt becomes the female Bourne that will indeed be sweet for Angelina. I loved all the Bourne films and can’t wait for the next. I will be terrible disappointed if, in the end, Damon opts out.

Yeah! Salt sequel. Angelina is a superb actress whether in drama or action film.

haters whatever @ 06/06/2011 at 11:19 pm

@groundcontrol: it’s absolutely terrible news. I’m still hoping this is a joke and she’s really gonna do some awesome movie.

If it’s true, great. I would like to see a sequel b/c the way it ended, they didn’t finish it. I need to see how the story pans out. It will be interesting.

Yesssss Go Angie!