Anthony Weiner Resigns from Congress

Anthony Weiner Resigns from Congress

Congressman Anthony Weiner announced his resignation during a press conference on Thursday (June 16) in Brooklyn, New York.

“I’d hoped to be able to continue the work that the citizens of my district elected me to do – to fight for the middle class and those struggling to make it. Unfortunately, the distraction that I have created has made that impossible, so today I am announcing my resignation from Congress,” the 46-year-old U.S. representative for New York’s 9th congressional district said.

The announcement comes a week after Rep. Weiner admitted to being involved in a sexting scandal.

He added that he was resigning so that “my colleagues can get back to work, my neighbors can choose a new representative and most importantly, that my wife [Huma Abedin] and I can continue to heal from the damage that I have caused.”

Last week, news broke that the couple is expecting their first child.

Photos: Fame Pictures
Posted to: Anthony Weiner, Politics

ABC

About time my friend…

A shame. He’s a great guy. You dumb as* wipes should learn about his politics before throwing him under the bus. No wonder this country is such a mess. We live in a country full of stupid people.

He’s the stupid one.

Hillary and Huma sure picked a bad “beard” when are all three coming out of the closet? now Hillary doesn’t want to be a politician, now she wants to be a banker, ha ha her and huma and little weiner, lol

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 06/16/2011 at 6:03 pm

…This type of news (real news) is so not Jared’s style, it’s more.. perez., and almost every other bloggers. I’m surprised. ahahahahahaha
…Anyways, Weiner’s a moron. LOL

Noir Femme @ 06/16/2011 at 6:16 pm

i caught the live press conference when he first made the annoucement. i didn’t want to laugh but they were NOT nice to this guy. as soon as he said the words ‘i resign’ most cheered (some booed him) and they were yelling out all kinds of things – ‘it’s about time you pervert!” and “hey, weiner, still plan to keep your hot physique” and my favorite – “hey, weiner, are you seven inches?” classic. LMAO!

am I the only one who finds it amusing that his last name is Weiner… = Wiener xDD lol

@lola: Cracks me up when newsreaders are saying his name and you can see they’re trying to keep a straight face lmfao

JoelKinnaman @ 06/16/2011 at 6:30 pm

Oh for pete’s sake. The only one that should be giving him a hard time is his wife. I’m sure there is more juicer scandals that goes on, in the world of politics. You’d think the guy had gone out an committed rape or worse the big M. This is BS.

his goose was cooked when he contacted that high school girl from the school group that he spoke to.

Politicians can be creepy, but you got to stay away from the “children”

also the pics from his office and the gym in Congress and using his staff for pr made his actions against the law.

GOOD…..
This country has so many problems to deal with.
Enough with this guy and his BS.
Here’s what the media should find out…..
Where did the $66 Billion we sent to Iran/Iraq go during the Bush Admin.?
That’s what I’d like to know.
It’s missing..
How does someone lose $66 BILLION?????
Please tell me?

WEINERLOVER @ 06/16/2011 at 7:09 pm

ID TAKE HIS 7 INCHES :D

did you hear Obama and the head of GE laughing about losing 1 TRILLION Dollars? they laughed and Obama said, ” I guess those jobs weren’t so shovel ready” hahahah

Its todays teens that will pay the price, kids don’t realize why granma and granpa are joining Tea Partys. the elderly will be fine, but if your a teen-ager right now, you got NO future!

@rhonda:

Ha Ha Ha. Do you have a brain?

ABOUT TIME. What a douchebag. He has no shame; he should have resigned AFTER HE WAS CAUGHT LYING ABOUT THE PICTURES. @boston61: Our country is in this “mess” because we have greedy and immoral politicians who do stupid things, waste taxpayers money and continue to lie about it all.

Really sad to me that Bill Clinton get’s his sick sucked by an intern and that is considered “cool”. I will say though, it was really creepy/pervey of Mr Weiner to engage in that type of virtual behavior…

Vitter resigning?

I guess no one cares that the married senator boned prostitutes because we didn’t see any pictures of it.

THE LOGICAL TRUTH @ 06/16/2011 at 9:39 pm

First off I think him cheating on his wife is sleazy and she should leave him. But, in defense of the total b.s. from the press: Where was his big mouth when it turned out he had sent those Rated-R tweets. HE DID NOTHING WRONG. I was watching the news and they where like, “Oh my god he sent adult tweets.” First off most men have flirted like that with women and any of those reports who think otherwise are either gay or complete lyers!! I would have called them on that, then again I have a big mouth and I make sure the logical facts get out if I’m attacked. Even TV Star and Emmy host Jane Lynch who read his tweets was reacting like the press was blowing it all out of proportion. She said, “Ohhhhh, you’ll get over it.” THE STUFF THAT HE WROTE IS IN MOVIES LIKE AMERICAN PIE TO SUPERBAD TO ETC ETC ETC. Basically half the R-Rated movies out there. Nothing wrong with it.

What was the most absurd was when more photos came out and they were just photos he took of himself at the gym. I guarantee that half the men in this country have taken photos of themselves at the gym. But, the press was like, “He’s half nude.” Umm, I just drove home and I saw several men running around “half nude” aka shirtless. What a bunch of b.s. He should have called them on all that. He did nothing wrong. All he did wrong was cheat on his wife and that’s between him and her. It’s none of our damned business.

Also, Blake Lively took nude photos of herself in the mirror just like Congressman Weiner. Her photos showed up around the same time!! However, she is still going around happily promoting her movie when Weiner just resigned. It’s complete b.s. that he had to since it’s, oh yeah, his personal life. The politicians who judged him are such tools versus Hollywood that could care less about Blake Lively’s nude photos. It’s different rules for a completely different world! Hollywood is shocking more moral than the political world. Since, he was a good congressman and his personal life is his personal life. Again, he has the biggest mouth and he should have confronted all the b.s. and exaggeration and HYPOCRISY of the press to make them look like imbeciles. I would have ripped those dumb reports apart and laughed at them for being nerds.

WEINERLOVER @ 06/16/2011 at 9:50 pm

id still suck on that !!

Good riddance to a sanctimonious, narcissistic creep who refused to take responsibility for his own actions and asked other people to lie for him.

No moral compass whatsoever.

Acemeister @ 06/16/2011 at 10:30 pm

@boston61

It’s not his sleazy wife cheating actions that eventually got his rear kicked out – it’s the fact that he lied to over 20 interviewers (and his congress colleagues) for a solid week, before finally fessing up… It is absolutely a fact that he is a liar. If the good folks in NYC want to continue to elect a liar (at least one that of which there is no doubt), have at ‘er. In the meantime, this immature, worthless politician should take his lumps. And although nothing can stop your witty comments, “Ha Ha Ha, do you have a brain?” rates up there with anything Obama has ever said… Good work!

WEINERLOVER @ 06/16/2011 at 10:42 pm

I DONT CARE ID STILL SWALLOW THAT :D

WEINERLOVER @ 06/16/2011 at 10:44 pm

I DONT CARE ID STILL SWALLOW THAT MM MMM

It seems that the problem had been solved pretty quickly :) …Too bad

A powerful share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit of analysis on this. And he in truth bought me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If attainable, as you grow to be expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with more particulars? It is extremely useful for me. Big thumb up for this blog submit!