Gerard Butler: New Academy Member!

Gerard Butler: New Academy Member!

Gerard Butler exits a gas station convenience store with a cold can of Coke on Saturday (June 18) in Los Angeles.

The 41-year-old Scottish actor was recently asked to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences! The Academy extends invitations to actors, such as Gerard, who have produced distinguished work in the entertainment field.

“These individuals are among the best filmmakers working in the industry today,” said Academy President Tom Sherak. “Their talent and creativity have entertained moviegoers around the world, and I welcome each of them to our ranks.”

Congratulations, Gerard!

gerard butler invited academy01
gerard butler invited academy02
gerard butler invited academy03
gerard butler invited academy04
gerard butler invited academy05

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 718 » Show All

Where would Gerry be without a can of Coke???

Wow. These pics are ridiculous. Great news for Gerry – but using it as a reason to post him buying a coke — what a stretch.

He is boring and average looking. Nothing special here.

Swannie

I agree with Swannie, but I’d like to change “average” to “below average”.

Not sure about the hair but congrats on the invite.
Now where’s my invitation…?

oldbutnotdead @ 06/19/2011 at 1:50 am

I suppose he could be in Vegas, as the Ms USA .tweets indicated, but he was here in L.A. this afternoon. Five hour drive to LV or short flight. Some paps he smiles and waves, and some get this stare. Interesting.

goodgravy @ 06/19/2011 at 2:07 am

Camouflage shorts? Gerry needs to grow up or just go out for “The Jersey Shore” cast already.

Georgia*s Mom @ 06/19/2011 at 2:39 am

@oldbutnotdead:
Why would he want to go hang out with deadbeat second rate Miss USA chicks –
Lifelong “Pageant girls” (for all you ugly cranks who could never be either) are basically considered girls who weren’t tall enough or pretty enough to make it as REAL models??
Girls who are meant to be models START in pageants most of the time…but don’t end there. These Miss USA losers are nothings. Just second-rate.

He looks terrible here. I remember when he was hot…up til 2009.
Now he looks OLD, TIRED, STUPID and dull.
Bianca had him at his best. Lucky b.itch

Try sitting ina office allday @ 06/19/2011 at 2:45 am

It never feels right saying “poor Gerry” – b/c ‘ he is living his dream’ BUT he does look pissed off.
anyway- again sunday arvo where i am and i have been watching those L’OREAL ad’s with GB. They have been on all afternoon during the football – great ad’s. Looking GR8 !!!

D. Goldbaum @ 06/19/2011 at 2:45 am

By the way….the way IMDb and other boards talk about you ladies here…Celebitchy etc…you JJ women are considered the dumbest trash of the fan lot. LOL
I just stopped by to see what the racket was about…
A couple of posters called you all ‘hillbilly trash’ fighting over here. Maybe you should start cleaning up your acts, speech and the way you treat each other. Have a nice …board.
D

redNovember @ 06/19/2011 at 2:47 am

I think…oldbutnotdead is behind everything that goes wrong on this board. Her, Manny, Eve and the weirdo racist stalker fan that people used to call “Hillary.”
The good old days were fun here…people take it too seriously as if they have a chance with the man. It’s kind of scary IMO.

Why does everyone get a thumbs down on Gerard Butler boards?
Is that just how you guys do it? Why are you all so miserable????
Sad.

@D. Goldbaum:
I used to post here a long time ago but went to another because it got weird and negative here. Not good for anyone or anything. It hasn’t been fun since 2010.
Glad to see its fallen apart.
Cheers.

pinkDecember @ 06/19/2011 at 3:08 am

Haha
Just wanted to use the name. Come back redO.

oldbutnotdead @ 06/19/2011 at 3:21 am

@redNovember: oh, the power is going to my head! Fantastic…

It has also been suggested that I get posters posts removed. See, I am really JJ’s grandmother so I just call him up and say take that down…oh the power, it is just so much fun.

Silly, silly stuff people come up with…what they do not know, they just make up and fill in…

Georgia*s Mom @ 06/19/2011 at 3:35 am

Miss USA just saw the girls. If Miss CA wins I’ll throw up.
Redheads are disgusting.
Red hair is a sign of disease and low IQ and short life span.
It is seen the world over as ‘lesser’ and ugly.
Don’t believe me? Look it up.

Scam Artist @ 06/19/2011 at 3:37 am

@oldbutnotdead:
We just notice that whenever you are here – crazy people start posting.
Lowest COMMON denominator.
YOU. At least Manny chooses socks that are nice.
YOU also seem to come around right when posts are being deleted and only certain ones. We all notice that.

Disgusting bunch of idiots post here. Should all be ashamed.

Mmm he’s a tall drink of… coke!

@Georgia*s Mom: i hope you’re a troll. miss CA is clearly one of the prettiest in the contest. and keep pulling “facts” out of your @ss. Red hair is liked on women more than men but still you’re a dumb@ss,

@Mia: MIA is a *****

oldbutnotdead @ 06/19/2011 at 4:35 am

@Scam Artist: “we” and “we all”, means just you, posting over and over under different monikers, suggesting I am having posts pulled. No one has that power; you are very likely the same person that got in trouble for cyberstalking another poster.

Flagging a post does not mean it will get pulled. Someone from JJ looks at it and decides, not the poster. As I have told you before, I have flagged just three since I started posting here: two threats, and one cyberstalker.

Anonymously repeating the same gossip under different names, giving the impression you are part of a cohesive group, silly ….give it up, has no effect on anyone…

ladyswede @ 06/19/2011 at 4:45 am

@Georgia*s Mom: And the point of this rant would be……………..? Why would anyone want to hear this?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 718 » Show All