Evan Rachel Wood Debuts Pixie Cut

Evan Rachel Wood Debuts Pixie Cut

Evan Rachel Wood shows off her dramatic shorter hairdo at the True Blood Season 4 premiere on Tuesday (June 21) at the ArcLight’s Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles.

The 23-year-old hit the red carpet in a pair of gray pants with a matching vest and red suspenders all by Dolce&Gabbana.

Evan recently chatted with Britain’s Stella magazine about growing up in the spotlight.

“Everybody is entitled to be crazy in their 20s. I think I was making up for lost time. I was trying everything, touring with a rock band, trying different looks, exploring who I was sexually as a woman,” she explained.

“I never wanted to look back and be like, ‘Oh, man. I wish when I was young I had just hopped on that tour bus,” she added.

FYI: Evan accessorized with Jack Vartanian jewelry and Jimmy Choo heels.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Evan Rachel Wood’s new ‘do?

evan rachel wood true blood premiere 01
evan rachel wood true blood premiere 02
evan rachel wood true blood premiere 03
evan rachel wood true blood premiere 04
evan rachel wood true blood premiere 05
evan rachel wood true blood premiere 06
evan rachel wood true blood premiere 07

Christopher Polk/Getty

Sh*tsandwich @ 06/21/2011 at 11:52 pm

LANCE BASS is looking good!

wow pretty, makes her look less severe

She is effortlessly gorgeous

I think she looks really pretty, and the hair cut suits her face, but I’m not into her clothes. They might have looked good when her hair was longer. Can’t wait for season 4. Sophie Anne is great!

get lip implants please.
Next!

She got it on with Marilyn Manson. She’s permanently gross.

I love it!

Now SHE looks gorgeous with that haircut. Others not so much. You just have to have the face for that cut and not alll of the actresses who felt the need to cut their hair this season have it.

She looks terrible

ERW does not have the face for this type of hair cut at all.
She looks like a man with pretty eyes but still a man.

I can’t decide what’s worse.
The outfit or the hair.

Marilyn Manson @ 06/22/2011 at 12:59 am

Anyone who thinks E looks gross is jealous. She looks good.

that 3rd pic has me rofl! lolerzzzzzzzz!!

@Marilyn Manson: No, they just have a different opinion than you.

Some girls look good with short hair. Evan isn’t one of them.
Her face is too full to pull it off.

I don’t like it at all. She has a super thick neck and her face is too round.
It looks bad.

ugly chick

twin peaks @ 06/22/2011 at 1:14 am

This is proof to me that most of Evan Rachel Wood’s attractiveness is strongly correlated to her eyes. They’re a pretty blue color.

twin peaks @ 06/22/2011 at 1:16 am

She cannot rock this style because she doesn’t have great cheekbones like the other actresses who cut their hair this shirt.

It does nothing for her. She looks much better with longer hair.

@Mari: Agree you have to have the face for this but disagree she looks gorgeous.

Michelle Williams and Emma Watson both went short and look beautiful. ERW looks like an old lady. Not a good look.

For once I like Rachel’s makeup, but she does look craptastic.
And the hair completely sucks.

What a shame Evan chopped her hair off like that.
It’s too severe and makes her looks so unattractive.

Her makeup is gorgeous but IA that the hair is awful.

I think the problem with the hair style is she has a neck as wide as her face. She doesn’t have the swan neck or sculpted features to work this cut, but maybe she had no choice? She probably ruined her hair with all that bleaching from black to red. Best to start fresh even if she looks like a middle-aged woman.

Wow she looks bad. Like she’s trying too hard. She looked beautiful before.

larsvonwhat @ 06/22/2011 at 2:27 am

@twin peaks:

The hairstyle looks great on her. She’s rocking it with confidence that matters. Shouldn’t women be able to wear their hair however they please without being judged?

The fact that she has rounded soft features and a non angular strong jawed face makes her look youthful and well suited to a pixie cut.

@larsvonwhat: Anyone who comments on here, including yourself, is judging someone.

Imo, she doesn’t look youthful at all. I’d put her age in her 30s/40s if i didn’t know how old she was and her jaw while not angular is rather masculine. That’s why the pixie cut doesn’t work on her.

Some women look better with longer hair. Wood is one of them.

eightball @ 06/22/2011 at 2:40 am

***** face does not equal confidence.
She always looks like she just finished sucking a lemon.

why ERW??

such a beautiful face wasted becoz of this haircut..

blonde lover @ 06/22/2011 at 6:36 am

@larsvonwhat: Youthful? Evan Rachel Wood looks the opposite of youthful here. She’s always looked older but now she looks like a 40 year old instead of barely older than 20.

She does deserve credit for ditching those awful extensions and finally toning down the makeup.

I really like her hair! The outfit is cute too. But when you put them together it’s a bit “butch”, which is probably why some people are turned off by the look. It’s great how her new haircut shows off her beautiful face.

I love it. she is better now than before.

So happy she’s over her “Dita” stage. . .she’s looks refreshed and great!

stee-low-flow @ 06/22/2011 at 10:51 am

I was mpressed with her work when she was a little girl..but I don’t think they cast the right peson for the Sophie Ann role.

She’s not convincing –to me.

just saying... @ 06/22/2011 at 12:25 pm

@Nik: What a sh**ty haircut.

Who’s ERW copying now? Lance Bass?
Is she f**king his boyfriend too?

FANTASTIC look on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope she is able to break away from her less than stellar stigma.

I usually like long hair on women as I think very few can pull off that look, but in this case I think she looks lovely.
In my opinion she has a very pretty face to pull the pixie cut. Plus, as someone said before, I was starting to get annoyed by the ‘Dita look’ on her… I’ve always thought she could look better if she adopted a modern look that suited better with her age altough she always looks older idk why…maybe she’s more experienced than most 23 year olds…
And her make up here is better too, more natural.

seriously??? the girl is awesome, in anyway!!!
yes she can!!!

@Sh*tsandwich: So true. She looks like Lance Bass. Not sure which one is prettier.

STUNNING!!!!

@anon: Stunningly fug. Some chicks are fug w/o long hair and she’s one of them.

She looks like a dude.

Wow, she looks worse than before IMO. She should have kept her long locks – she looked much better like that. I remember when I used to find her cute and attractive, but that was years ago.