Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka: Getting Married!

Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka: Getting Married!

Neil Patrick Harris and longtime partner David Burtka are planning to tie the knot now that New York has legalized gay marriage!

David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago! We’ve been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date,” the 38-year-old How I Met Your Mother star tweeted on Saturday (June 25).

The day before, Neil wrote he’d “sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it.”

After the passage of NY’s gay marriage bill, an excited NPH tweeted, “It PASSED! Marriage equality in NY!! Yes!! Progress!! Thank you everyone who worked so hard on this!! A historic night!”

Neil and David are parents to 8-month-old twins, Harper and Gideon.

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All
klutzy_girl @ 06/25/2011 at 3:29 pm

@Attention:

Yes, they’ve totally been wearing the rings for five years (of which there is photographic proof!) all for a publicity stunt. Shut up.

@Attention: if they did, when they got back to new york, it wouldn’t be legal there. it’d be like it never happened.

I am gay but I do not think it is cool for gays to mimic straights. Of course gay couples should have all the same LEGAL rights. Just be two cool men in a relationship. You don’t have to play the same games straights do. IMHO

@boston61: You are probably the most self hating poster on this site. IMHO.

Gay marriage crazy

@Attention: because they live in NY?

@boston61:

Boy you are to be pitied. They want a legal right for their love to be recognized. Nothing is wrong with that. It isn’t mimicking straights–it is asking that their love be considered equal in the eyes of their God, their friends, their family—which it most likely already is—but also in the eyes of the legal system.

I’m not married and never plan to be as it isn’t an institution for me. BUT that said I have friends both straight and gay to whom marriage is extremely important and why shouldn’t my gay friends have the same blessings and opportunities to marry as my straight friends have?

krkljanac @ 06/25/2011 at 5:08 pm

WHO F-ING CARES?!

Congrats!! They are such a beautiful couple!

Rebecca Rogers @ 06/25/2011 at 6:03 pm

Congrats

its so cool … happy for them … time for the rest of the country to get on board.

Of Course publicity @ 06/25/2011 at 6:21 pm

They sell their family pics with kids to a magazine! Of course it is for publicity, especially after the cheating incident. I prefer stars gay or straight who keep their private lives private. It’s none of our business!

God will probably send deathly tornadoes to NY next…morals mean nothing anymore. Giving in to worldly desires is why God is trying to get people’s attention with all these natural disasters and disease. There will be more as predicted, especially with immorality becoming the norm.

TWPUMPKIN @ 06/25/2011 at 8:53 pm

#22 YOUR AN IDIOT. WHAT NEXT? YOU CAN MARRY YOUR SISTER?

@boston61: I’m gay too and have a partner of 20 years and let me say that marriage is more than a symbol of heterosexuality. It’s also about the legal rights and protections that come for our children, our finances, social security, etc.
I don’t want or need to be like anyone else but I do expect to have the same rights as everyone else. Maybe one day you will choose to be married, not because you want to “fit in” but because you love someone, for more than one night.

@boston61:
I’m gay too an my partner of 20 years are getting married in New York this year, not because we want to be like the hetero’s but for our children and all of the legal protections and benefits that come with it. It’s fine you don’t want to be married now but maybe one day you will find you love someone for more than just for a one night stand.

ignorant rhonda @ 06/25/2011 at 9:21 pm

@Charles: rhonda/jasmine/mlef you fugly ignorant betch you sound so stupid – stfu!

The comments on here against gay marriage is disgusting.. Get a time machine and go back to the fricken 50′s. Love is love. Shut up and get a life. Bye

@chris: The 50s. wow what a classy era. <3 Today is utter trash compared to then!

They must smell like a poo down there.

Jasmine Hopkirk @ 06/25/2011 at 10:27 pm

@David: better that than tuna

Happy for them..and everyone else that can get married..Its about time…

Happy for them..and everyone else that can get married..Its about time…

ambiguouslygayduo @ 06/25/2011 at 11:27 pm

It seems ironic how the gay community has embraced this as historic when it only passed as a shining example of special interest groups exerting their power. I wonder how they will feel when other powerful special interest groups pass laws they feel are unfair and/or “discriminating.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All