Daniel Craig Covers 'Esquire' August 2011

Daniel Craig Covers 'Esquire' August 2011

Daniel Craig covers Esquire magazine’s August 2011 issue, on newsstands Tuesday (July 12).

Here’s what the 43-year-old Cowboys & Aliens – and newly married – actor had to share:

On constantly being associated with James Bond: “This has become my way, it’s as simple as that. I mean, since I’ve just become James Bond. And I think, you know, that means being something that people feel they own. And all of the sudden I’m getting magazine covers, when I got nothing for ten years before that. I say it’s just pure luck. And doing covers, people interviewing me, and they want to know everything and I’m going, I’m not gonna f—ing tell you!”

On The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: “It’s as adult as you can possibly make it. This is adult drama. I grew up, as we f—ing all did, watching The Godfather and that, movies that were made for adults. And this is a $100 million R-rated movie. Nobody makes those anymore. And [director David Fincher], he’s not holding back. They’ve given him free rein. He showed me some scenes recently, and my hand was over my mouth, going, Are you f—ing serious?”

For more from Daniel, visit Esquire.com!

Bigger cover pic inside…

Just Jared on Facebook
daniel craig esquire august 2011 01

Photos: Nigel Parry
Posted to: Daniel Craig, Magazine

Getty
  • The guy who tried to kiss Kim Kardashian is speaking out - US Weekly
  • Brad Pitt voluntarily submits to drug testing - TMZ
  • Check out this recap of this week's episode of Empire - Gossip Cop
  • Gina Rodriguez' rap skills are ON POINT - Just Jared Jr
  • Here's the scoop on Blac Chyna's baby shower - Radar
  • Is Sarah Jessica Parker getting a divorce? - Lainey Gossip
  • Alec Baldwin will play Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Guinness

Hi mend &Fio. New work is kicking my azz. Computer training this week. BLAH! always fun to learn new stuff tho.

And yes, nekkid dan will do better than leotard Dan. Can you say bathtub picture. or Dan with strewn garbage all over road with nekkidness. that is a fantastic dan.

and yesterday I posted a new pic with comments…it posted, i saw it, and then today—it was not there. Did anyone see it. Fio–you complimented me on the link, or was that the fixation site? interesting. But Mendel–I wrote you a big long very important response that I can’t remember, but it musta been detrimental to our being because jjjjjj deleted it. and that is why i posted a sorry to Fio in the next post. weird. it was a new poster of Dan on the alien. was it a hoax, or what? ho hum. no biggie *’cept for Dan*.

holey carp—IMAX Dan? I think I would have to put a seat protector if I wet to see that. *your welcome cheeky Brit*.
    cioa~G

• Amy

Hmm, is Daniel in Montana? Where are you, Dan?! :)
    mariamenounos: Going to montana to interview olivia wilde, daniel craig and harrison ford!must get better fast!!!
    30 minutes ago via ÜberSocial for BlackBerry

• susan

@Amy

Daniel in Montana? why would the three of them be there.

• Amy

Hi, susan. I don’t know. But Harrison Ford lives in Livingston, Montana.
    He has a ranch there, doesn’t he?

• susan

@Amy

i thought Harrison Ford’s ranch was in Wyoming

• to Amy

Ford’s ranch is in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. But that is only about 200 miles away.

• Fio

They are going to camping in Montana! How cool!!
    oliviawilde: going camping with team Cowboys&Aliens in MT tomorrow. been perfecting my smores technique since Feb. @Jon_Favreau, bring your tiny guitar.
    about 5 hours ago via web

• Fio

Ah, next interview will be Daniel? :)
    (VIDEO) The Cowboys & Aliens Interviews: Olivia Wilde Has a Hard Head

That’s what the doctor at the ER said after she was thrown from a horse on the set of Cowboys & Aliens and bounced back without missing a beat. She was as tough as they come. She was one of the most experienced riders in the cast and volunteered to try whatever the stunt team deemed safe, including a cable pull from a crane out of the saddle, mid-gallop.

In this third installment of the Cowboys & Aliens Interviews, I sat with Olivia Wilde whom I got to know very well over the course of the movie. These conversations are a snapshot of what life is like for a star on the rise. This is one of those wonderful moments where you get a sense of who a person is developing into at the cusp of a prolific career. We cover a variety of topics including not only her growing body of work but also where her passions lie outside of show business.

• Mendel

Hi Guinness

“New work is kicking my azz.”

New jobs always do. If they don’t, and you are already bored in the first week, that’s a bad sign…

“Can you say bathtub picture. or Dan with strewn garbage all over road with nekkidness. that is a fantastic dan.”

LOL, yes, that is a fantastic Dan!

“I posted a new pic with comments…it posted, i saw it, and then today—it was not there. Did anyone see it.”

No :( I only saw the link to the fixation site.

“But Mendel–I wrote you a big long very important response that I can’t remember, but it musta been detrimental to our being because jjjjjj deleted it. and that is why i posted a sorry to Fio in the next post.”

Ah, that explains the ‘surry’ – it didn’t make sense at all! It must have been SOME post to have been deleted! I wish I had seen it!

“no biggie *’cept for Dan*.”

*grin*

“I think I would have to put a seat protector if I wet to see that.”

LOL! And wear Wellies…the floor is getting a bit too moist…

to Fio

“They are going to camping in Montana! How cool!!”

Brilliant! Just like real cowboys – and girls ;)

• Amy

Daniel during a photocall to promote the TINTIN in Cancun, Mexico!!

• Amy

TerriSeymour: Just arrived in beautiful Montana. Going to be filming on an amazing ranch tomorrow. Interviewing Daniel Craig Harrison Ford & Olivia Wilde
    about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

1075ZooFM: [RUMOR] Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig and Spielberg Pass Through Missoula http://bit.ly/plcQgQ (expand)
    about 1 hour ago via twitterfeed

• Amy

Cowboys & Aliens (2011) Exclusive Clip: “You Owe Me”

• Amy

Cowboys & Aliens (2011) – Exclusive Clip: “You Owe Me”

• Amy

Can’t waaaaaaaaaaait!!!!!
    mariamenounos: Just saw cowboys& aliens..first screening I can remember where all of the media clapped& cheered.fun movie!
    13 minutes ago via ÜberSocial for BlackBerry

JESSIMTV: Just saw Cowboys&Aliens in Montana! It’s got EVERYTHING you want in a summer blockbuster: Cowboys, Aliens and Daniel Craig in assless chaps.
    12 minutes ago via WhoSay

• to amy

@ 07/13/2011 at 10:41 pm

careful, don’t want to upset poor Gina.

Cowboys & Aliens Second Clip

• Fio

It’s a hot summer @RitzCarlton #Cancun: Daniel Craig stopped by to present his new movie The Adventures of Tintin

• Fio

On the set of Cowboys & Aliens – Daniel/Ford/Olivia!

• Guinness

thx amy and fio—-keep it coming. excellent.
    dan rocks in a t-shirt.
    gawd he looks soooo cute and i want to hug that shirt. damn.
    and does his collection of sunglasses match his timepieces?? funny,.
    hi mendel==gots to go. fun fun everywhere fun!

Hi, Guinness
    “i want to hug that shirt”
    Are you sure? Airight, I hug him tightly!!
    Like this :)
    “hi mendel==gots to go. fun fun everywhere fun!”
    Well, Mendel must have enjoyed Harry Potter last night!

More Featurette!
    Cowboys And Aliens – Official Western Meets Sci Fi Featurette

• Fio

Awwwww I want to go to there! HEAVENLY!!
    sashaperlraver: @donkaye It’s Daniel Craig. In Cowboy country. He can handle me, @JRothC, @jennabusch just fine.
    about 16 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry
    sashaperlraver: Just interviewed Harrison Ford in the back of a wagon while Daniel Craig looked on and giggled. Han Solo and James Bond…humblebrag!
    about 13 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry
    aliciamalone: Final night in this secret exotic location that I’m banned from tweeting about. In the morn I’m off to Montana for Cowboys & Aliens. Yeehah!
    about 11 hours ago via web

Daniel Craig Takes Over Mexico
    Mr. 007 took over Mexico, this Wednesday, July 13th, 2011. British actor, Daniel Craig, attended a media event to promote his new flick, “The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn.” Click through to see pictures of the hunk south of the border.

Cowboys & Aliens & Editors
    Article Focus:
    Creative COW’s Debra Kaufman had a chance to speak with the editor of Cowboys & Aliens Dan Lebental, who was also Favreau’s editor on Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

Directed by Jon Favreau and shot by Matthew Libatique, ASC, Cowboys & Aliens is a delicious melding of two favorite American film genres. Starring Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Sam Rockwell and Olivia Wilde, the movie pits the cowboys and Indians against a common foe: merciless aliens from outer space.

Creative COW: You’ve worked on a number of Jon Favreau films in the past. Are you his go-to editor?
    Dan Lebental: I would say I’m his guy. It started with his first movie as a director, Made. They were done and had cut negative but they were having problems screening it and asked me to look at a few things. I made some corrections and I’ve done everything for Favreau since then, as his main guy. Even when there’s another editor, I’m his lead guy. We’ve covered a lot of ground together and some pretty big successes. Our favorites are these under-dog films like Elf that wasn’t supposed to be big. It’s a lot more pressure when you’re working on something that’s supposed to be a hit [like Iron Man]. Then, of course, you do it and if it rocks, it’s really something.
    Which camp does Cowboys & Aliens fall into?
    We really don’t know. We’ve always considered it an underdog. There really hasn’t been anything like it. You’d think it’s what the world wants–it’s what I want–something I haven’t seen before, but you just don’t know if people will respond. We don’t know if it’s going to be a big hit. There are signs in both directions at this point.
    When Favreau brought you onto Cowboys & Aliens, what did he tell you about the film and what he thought the challenges might be?
    At the end of Iron Man 2, I was pretty discouraged with what had gone down with that movie, in terms of the fact that we were fighting the lack of a coherent script. In post, we were doing everything we could to play as a unified story and have the characters look good. I found that quite frustrating. Towards the end, Jon said, I’ve got our next film. I said, Jon, right now, even though we’re buds, I can’t do anything until I see the script. He told me what he was going to do and I thought it was interesting. Then he gave me the script and it was great. It floored me right there.

We knew that the challenge was tonal with this kind of movie. The things that have been done before that tried this kind of thing were Wild Wild West and Jonah Hex and, what was a modern Western at the time, Silverado. But Jon and I, as it turns out, are classic film people, and a little purist. I think part of that is why Iron Man worked. There wasn’t any excuse that it was a comic book movie. In Cowboys & Aliens, there is no wink in the camera saying, just put these together, you know you’re in a safe seat. It’s not that way at all. Although the film has humor, it’s probably the darkest film we’ve made. What I’m so pleased about is that it seems it’s got more of everything Jon and I really love: more emotion, more action. It’s just layered. The characters are all nicely developed, and sometimes sacrificed, so it’s pretty cool on that level.
    What have the challenges been in editing Cowboys & Aliens?
    Luckily very early on, we found the tone. What happened was that we had to get ready for ComiCon and Jon shot in such an order that he’d have something to bring.. They tried to have an outside trailer company cut the ComiCon piece but they didn’t understand the tone. And meanwhile I was in the editing bay, hammering it out. Taking a cue from all the great Clint Eastwood Westerns, we discovered early that we would play this guy straight. The movie starts out classically Western and, all of a sudden, it gets derailed by this other genre blasting into it.

The actors were fantastic, all of them without any baggage. If anyone had baggage it would have been Harrison because he’s such a classical figure, but even he put out a level of hunger into it I don’t think anyone has seen in awhile. These actors are really going for it. It’s a lot of fun for me on that level because then I’m not fighting the idiosyncrasies of the process. I’m just mapping out performances and figuring out when to reveal this or that.
    The challenge for me then was that, whenever you do a big VFX film, it’s such a leap of faith. As editor, I can control actors talking or doing physical effects or stunts or delicate dialogue scenes, but I only have so much control once it goes into all these effects. So you map it out, and then it’s a leap of faith that we’ll get there on the VFX level.

The dialogue and performance level came together so well and quickly that when we hit post production, Jon and I didn’t spend huge amounts of time on the kind of actor-oriented scene work. He liked what I had on the box. We had to knock out 45 minutes for ComiCon last summer, which ultimately became the first 25 minutes of the movie, and people were gaga over it. But that didn’t involve visual effects. Then we had the screening in December of the first 40 minutes of the film, a straight-ahead western without visual effects. That part was going quite well.

• Fio

What happened once the story shifts into all the visual effects with aliens?
    At the end of the movie is this huge set piece, a massive battle that we knew was too long and unruly. That’s when Steven Spielberg [one of the movie's executive producers] came in and really helped us. The movie was at almost 2 hours and 40 minutes, and after a week with him, we got the time down 35 minutes.

My favorite thing he said was, “You shouldn’t be showing your 4s and 6s. Only go with your Aces and Kings.” So it was about finding our Aces and Kings and saying bye-bye to the other stuff. Once we knew what we were doing, some of that stuff found its way back. But it was a major lesson: don’t water it down with the lesser things. That was from the master himself.
    At what stage in the editing did Spielberg come in?
    Before we showed a whole cut to the studios, he spent this week with us. In the past, it had been such a long process. Taking a 3-hour Iron Man to a 2-hour Iron Man was very painful, especially for Jon. But, with Steven, it ended up being a joyous session for all of us. Even Spielberg said it was the most fun he’d had in a while.

I felt I really had to be on my game with him sitting on the couch. This was where the career has landed and I better make this really flow, so I tried to make the button pushing be invisible to him, and make it a free flow of conversation with me executing before they finished their sentence. I was so exhausted at the end of each day because I was so determined to keep the ball rolling at full speed. It was really a career highlight. He was so nice and to see his way of thinking was so nice. Steven would always say, “Listen, you guys should do what you want to do, but here’s what I think. Take from it what you will.” We never felt like anyone was [forcing us]. He was in a happy search with us.

Because we took out inferior shots, it showed we had a few holes, and we had to get back and reinvent stuff that would be aces and kings. A lot of the scene work that got taken out was beautiful, but certain things had to go for overall pacing, to make it a tighter story.

[Producer] Ron Howard was also in the edit room with us a bit. What surprised me was, for the number of big powerful people we had, it didn’t feel that anyone was pushing us. They were gently nudging us to see things where things could be better, and it made Jon go beyond his game. I always say that a lot of the journey of editing a movie is the journey for the clarity of what you’re trying to express. Sometimes being nudged–the right way or wrong way–helps focus you and make you clear.
    What is Jon’s style of working? How early do you get involved?
    A director is all about their own taste. Some directors have very firm visions of exactly what their angle will be. Jon’s strong suit is that he reacts off of things and then nudges you the direction to go. He’ll have the DP set up angles and get a variety of things that will probably work. As he gets them, he comments and directs the cinematographer to a place.

Likewise with me, I’d get the footage back–he shoots a fair amount of footage–and he lets me loose to put it together the way I think it should and then he reacts off it: I thought it would be this but after seeing it, perhaps it should be this…which might be what I showed him or a combination of what he thought and what I did. On Cowboys & Aliens, he visited the editing room probably half a dozen times during the four-month shoot. And I visited the set and tell him if I saw a problem, as well as what I needed, and we’d go through this. So there’s an awful lot of trust between us. Once he understands what I’m doing, he makes it his own and expands on it. I always get a better understanding of what I’m doing from him.

It’s a very collaborative way to work, but it’s not all smiles. Jon doesn’t want that from me. He wants me to challenge him, and to say that there’s a better way, and then watch him. It’s a quest for clarity. If he’s clear and said, no this is exactly going to be, then I’ve done my job. He suspects he wants something, but it’s vague. We keep working it until it’s crystal clear–not every scene, but every cut. Each cut expresses something and has a reason. That’s the clarity you’re trying to get.

That sounds pretty rigorous.
    That’s why it takes so long to edit a movie. In some ways, the cart is leading the horse, because you have to get the visual effects, and they take so long. But the flip side is, once you get them, you just keep cutting. You end up with twice the amount of cutting time than a simple dialogue picture. But some things you put in motion become their own train. It’s irresponsible to get things in motion and then say you don’t need, it but a certain amount of that is just the process. We were told we were way over budget for certain effects. Within three hours I had cut a lot of it out, before [the visual effects house] was finished. So we didn’t sped money on visual effects that were 4s and 6s.

Tell us about your choice of tools – you cut on an Avid, correct?
    I’m an Avid guy. I’m a power user; I bought my first Avid in 1992, when I was working on music videos, and it was first able to do heftier projects. Cowboys & Aliens had nine of them. I own ten of them myself. The Avid is my musical instrument. It’s what I play.

I hate to focus on this fiasco with the new FCP but I feel awful for those guys. People don’t realize [editing systems] are like musical instruments. When you say, here’s your instrument and now you’re no longer a violin player, you’re a bouzouki player…people spend years getting down how they work. I really feel horrible for all those people who spent all that time on FCP who just had the rug pulled out from under them. These companies don’t seem to realize that. Apple could be right that this is the future, but in the now, people have to make a living and keep going.

For a while Avid was in grave jeopardy of doing the same thing. There was time they said they would discontinue Avid on Mac and we Hollywood editors rebelled. I think Apple is such a big corporation that these decisions are made on a level that doesn’t weigh the human cost. A lot of people will be scrambling on which way to go.

• Fio

Are there any features, new or not, on Avid that make it easier to cut a VFX-heavy movie?
    When we started, we were on a beta version of the 5.0 software and then we cut most of the movie on 5.3.6. Then the 5.5 came out – I put it on but had to take it off. I had 5.5 on this side project I’m working on and it has these great features of voice recognition that can instantly find what you’re looking for. I love it. But we did the majority of the film on version 5.3.6.

I’m really excited about the new things in 5.5: the controllers, the find features are stellar. I had it on for a month and they had some problems with the Unity so I couldn’t use it. There is no way to test for a massive Hollywood movie with ten people and massive amounts of footage moving through it.

What about on the skills side? You’ve cut a number of movies with lots of visual effects, including Iron Man and Iron Man 2. What are the skills that an editor has to really hone to edit VFX movies?
    Because I had done Iron Man and Iron Man 2, I knew the routine, what I was going through and where I was going. So it was a lot less scary for me. There’s always an inherent tension between the visual effects and editorial departments. We have this built-in love-hate between the two departments. From the editorial side, the amount of our day spent servicing VFX is up to one-third of our day: getting things ready for them, going through things with them, looking at them, checking and giving new notes. We have the frustration of starting things and then waiting for them.

You start to get the skills of being able to look at things and saying what they could be rather than what they were intended to be or what they are. For the massive battle sequence at the end–which was cut by [co-editor] Jim May–Jon said that this would be the scene that kids would mimic when they play cowboys and aliens. That made me realize that we were not really there. We had to go bigger. In Jon’s way, he said, show me what you mean.

We had cut out this other part of the scene and I realized we could take all the backgrounds and re-engineer the cowboys and aliens shoot-em-up, making it four times as grand. My colleague Jim May took it on. It was like a lab experiment. When we presented it to Jon, he realized this was it. Then it was completely off my plate; he and Jim raised it up another three notches. I’m proud of helping to originate the thought.

Here’s where the visual effects department hates us. This is late in the game, and they like their long lead-time. They have to look at a whole sequence, go to the studio and get a budget and permission to do it. We always have one sequence like that, late one in all our movies.

ILM’s inside visual effects supervisor, Roger Guyett, is a brilliant, fun guy to be around, but he had sweat on his brow, looking at this scene that was originally 15 seconds long, and is now this action-packed minute and a half, 100 percent visual effects. What we did was took parts of plates and parts of backgrounds we’d cut and put the alien here, the cowboy here: basically, a lot of inter-frame work. Rather than just editing with footage, we were editing within the frame. Avatar had 20 layers of that stuff. It was late and expensive and utterly worthwhile.

You won’t miss this scene. It’s the big set piece in the subterranean environment. It’ll definitely pop out for you. There’ll be a lot bigger body count than elsewhere in the movie.

You’ve been an editor for 25 years. How did you learn? What was your breakthrough movie?
    I came out of art school and was doing low-budget music videos. Then this young director attending UCLA asked who cut those videos and asked me to edit for him. The second video was for a then-unknown artist MC Hammer, for MTV’s new rap show. Then, somehow, me, this white suburban kid ended up being “The Man” in that world of urban music hip hop. I was doing everybody’s videos. No rockers, just urban music.

I met these young director twin brothers, the Hughes brothers when they were 19 and did their second video. We hit it off. They liked the way I treated them. I learned early how a professional should behave towards people no matter what their age or level of experience. And they brought me movies. Dead Presidents in 1994 was only my second movie, but it was my breakthrough, and I never looked back. The first hit with Jon was Elf, a fairly low budget movie that wasn’t supposed to be a hit but became a major hit.

Any advice for up-and-coming editors?
    If you’re starting, you need to edit. You can’t sit on the sidelines. If you get paid to do it, edit. If you don’t get paid, do it. Edit, edit, edit, and things will take care of themselves. When I was in music videos and knew I wanted to get into narrative film, I volunteered to edit anything narrative.

I have different advice if you’re a bit further along in your career. The important thing once your career is under way isn’t the “yes,” but the “no.” Say no to things you don’t want to do. And sometimes you can get treated better and paid more because you’re not just a given.

Last thoughts about Cowboys & Aliens?
    I think it turned out really, really well. It’s my favorite film that I’ve worked on so far. It’s right up my alley, because it’s the kind of thing that I grew up loving. I loved Clint Eastwood movies and I’ve certainly always enjoyed alien invasion movies. Putting them together makes me think of it as a peanut butter cup. It sounds like it’d be awful, but it’s delicious.

• Hank

@Fio:

Holy Cut and Paste! Ever hear of copy-right protection?

• Fio

Must see!! I saw at once that he was ill at ease. lol
    COWBOYS & ALIENS Interviews with Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde and Jon Favreau

• Amy

JESSIMTV: My interview with Daniel Craig was highly professional. I didn’t even notice his rugged good looks, rippling biceps or piercing blue eyes.
    about 1 hour ago via WhoSay

• Guinness

thx fio–yeah, i could see his leg bouncin’…and those thighs flexing. aaarrrrrrrruuuuu!!! and wow–would i love that cat hug from him…spooning, nekkid twitching with dannnnn

• Mendel

to Fio

“Well, Mendel must have enjoyed Harry Potter last night!”

It was brilliant! A must-see!!!

“It’s Daniel Craig. In Cowboy country. He can handle me”

Yes, me too *grin*

Thanks Amy and Fio for all your great finds. I am still catching up, but Dan’s looking great!

Hi Guinness

“wow–would i love that cat hug from him…spooning, nekkid twitching with dannnnn”

LOL! Being nekkid with Dan sounds perfect to me! :)

• Susan

Hank @ 07/15/2011 at 12:04 pm

what are you; the PC police? sorry but you don’t get to say what can and cannot be posted here.

@Fio,
    thank you for taking the time to post the article. it’s a very good read. don’t let someone like Hank keep you from doing it again.

• to Susan
  • Fio

May we expect a pretty good harvest? I want to see their reviews/interviews as soon as possible!! :)
    RealRonHoward: Getting fantastic buzz from early Cowboys and Aliens press junket screenings. Much (deserved) praise for Jon Favereau. Also the cool cast
    about 11 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

• Fio

There is not Daniel’s cup at the neighborhood 711. Not fair!!
    ShhmessiJessi: just got this last night. Daniel Craig, I love you. #711 #CowboysAndAlienshttp://t.co/tN0HfOI
    about 12 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

• Susan

to Susan@ 07/16/2011 at 7:09 am

actually, i have heard of the DCMA.. surprise! if you notice, at the top of post 178 Fio did provide the link. but since you’re so concerned i asked a lawyer who has dealt with several cases under the DCMA. what he thinks. so far, this lawyer sees no problem since so, far, JJ the owner of this website, has not been issued an injunction against posting infringing material on their website. if JJ had been he would have informed us all. and his people would be busy deleting al the offending posts.

• Susan

to Susan@ 07/16/2011 at 7:09 am
    actually, i have heard of the DCMA.. surprise! if you notice, at the top of post 178 Fio did provide the link. but since you’re so concerned i asked a lawyer who has dealt with several cases under the DCMA. what he thinks. this lawyer sees no problem since so, far, JJ the owner of this website, has not been issued an injunction against posting infringing material on their website. if JJ had been he would have informed us all. and his people would be busy deleting all the offending posts.

• official statement

It’s been more than three weeks since George Clooney unloaded Italian cutie Elisabetta Canalis for using the “M” word too often. Now he wants you to know he has made no new attachment. Here’s his media release:

“The Italian press, from Corriere Della Sera to TGCOM, Ansa, NewNotizie, Sky.it, and even Vanity Fair are all running a story that quotes me as saying that I’m bringing a ‘new girl’ to the Venice film festival (Aug. 31).

“I never made that statement and it’s not true. It was made up to sell tabloid magazines. It’s a ridiculous lie and should be corrected as publicly as it was originally written.”
    ____________________________
    It reminds me how many tabloid magazines including People magazine brought the news about Craig’s and Weisz’s marriage and who knows really that his and her publicist talked to the tabloid magazines at all.
    Publicists are supposed to make two things: STATEMENT OR DENY rumours, right?
    there is no official word from Daniel as well. He isn’t able to say to you anything about his ‘reportedly’ wife Rachel.
    Clooney, at least, says that he has no woman at the moment.

• official

Then when we heard Daniel was going out with Rachel, you claimed Daniel got back with Satsuki for shooting Bond 23
    ____________________________________________
    Bond starts in the end of the year and who knows what happens next months, ha? One day, Daniel tells he’s not married, dumps Rachel and says hello to Satsuki again. Just wait.

• to official statement

just how many aliases do you have Western Front?

here we go again! despite your repeated claims that Rachel and Daniel have a “fake romance” both their Reps have PUBLICLY confirmed that the MARRIAGE DID TAKE PLACE. you were wrong but for some childish reason you can’t admit it. and i think i know why.

it’s great and wonderful that George has come out and made that statement. Daniel Craig is not George Clooney; he does not and nor has he ever talked about his private life. so, sorry to say, Daniel is not going to come out and talk about his marriage to Rachel just to make you personally happy. oh, and by the way, it’s very possible that, sooner than later, Daniel and Rachel will give you more proof that their relationship is real.

• to 194

”official statement” is Gina. Read post 126, 136, 137, 138..all these are Gina.

• to official

Gina, when you will get it through your head that you do not control Daniel’s life. whether you like it or not, Daniel and Satsuki are long over. they are finished. Daniel is now married to Rachel Weisz. he is not going to “dump” Rachel and go back to Satsuki when Bond starts filming. Daniel has made his choice; he has chosen Rachel. also, in that childish mind of yours has it not occurred to you that Satuski may, by now, have moved on to someone new?

as for your predictions, we all know how accurate they are. C&A will not be ready on time; it’s coming out on July 29. Dream House will be finished; it’s coming out in theatres Sept 30. then there’s Dragon Tattoo and all your predictions on that one; that’s coming to theatres on Dec 21.

• to 194

And of course ”official”, too.

• Yo Susan!

Creative COW Magazine is copyright 2006 – 2011 by Creative COW®. All rights are reserved.
    No reprint rights are granted except to educational institutions such as universities, colleges,
    art academies and other training academies. All other rights are expressly reserved.

• official

________________________________
    Who believes you? just wait some time, dude. Now I wish you, especially to you, a storm coming to San Diego and make you happy with Cowboys and crazy aliens(:-
    Who says Daniel is really married? People magazine? Daily Mail? In Touch? and where is STATEMENT and TRUE MEDIA?
    Have you ever heard that some couple split for some months and return to each other? Be sure, Rachel will be dumped soon. and if some guaranteed marriage news come so I recommend not to buy In Touch magazine and buy the tabloid story as a final story.

Dream House will be finished;
    ________________________________
    WILL BE FINISHED?! What? They didn’t finish that crap yet or what? For sure, DVD in on the way. I decided to buy it!

Hey, now really seriously,
    in a few weeks August comes, I gave a time to Fincher to finish the movie! I hope he can do it!

• testicles

Still, if you’re feeling bad today, spare a thought for Satsuki Mitchell, Craig’s girlfriend of five years (and according to some reports, fiancée) from whom he split just months ago. I hope she spent the day surrounded by gorgeous men, and not weeping in front of a DVD of Casino Royale (although it might be some consolation watching one’s ex having his testicles flayed).

To her, and all you women still bitterly digesting the Craig nuptials, I prescribe round-the-clock watching of Daniel as Geordie from Our Friends in the North: hairy period. Failing that, I offer this nugget: George Clooney is once again on the market…
    ________
    I am not interested in Clooney. he can date Satsuki.

• Guinness

hi!
    I think some posts have been deleted–I am so confused Fio. No matter, thank you for your diggin gurl! (r u a girl? i dont know. but feel free not to answer–i dont’ care…I meant that not to be rude, it just doesnt matter to me.)
    ok then, Hi Mendel–wow, being good on a friday night? Has Murdoch got you depressed he didn’t shut his entire Eastern capital companies down? It was nice of him to apologize…his phone was prbly the first one hacked!!! but heard about Jude—damn, he best go after them too. awful. awful money grabbers knew what they were doing and someone actually died… why does money count so much. blabbllblll blah blah blah.

where the frack is Dan? Cancun? Montana? Calif? hi Dan! we got the Dan Van ready!!! (ah, did someone clean the carpet rug covering the entire back area? hope so, cuz i had some fun with him last time in there….then i woke up!)

off to see Harry! At the drive in…no shiitt.

~G