Daniel Craig Covers 'Esquire' August 2011

Daniel Craig Covers 'Esquire' August 2011

Daniel Craig covers Esquire magazine’s August 2011 issue, on newsstands Tuesday (July 12).

Here’s what the 43-year-old Cowboys & Aliens – and newly married – actor had to share:

On constantly being associated with James Bond: “This has become my way, it’s as simple as that. I mean, since I’ve just become James Bond. And I think, you know, that means being something that people feel they own. And all of the sudden I’m getting magazine covers, when I got nothing for ten years before that. I say it’s just pure luck. And doing covers, people interviewing me, and they want to know everything and I’m going, I’m not gonna f—ing tell you!”

On The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: “It’s as adult as you can possibly make it. This is adult drama. I grew up, as we f—ing all did, watching The Godfather and that, movies that were made for adults. And this is a $100 million R-rated movie. Nobody makes those anymore. And [director David Fincher], he’s not holding back. They’ve given him free rein. He showed me some scenes recently, and my hand was over my mouth, going, Are you f—ing serious?”

For more from Daniel, visit Esquire.com!

Bigger cover pic inside…

daniel craig esquire august 2011 01

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1012 » Show All

Hi mend &Fio. New work is kicking my azz. Computer training this week. BLAH! always fun to learn new stuff tho.

And yes, nekkid dan will do better than leotard Dan. Can you say bathtub picture. or Dan with strewn garbage all over road with nekkidness. that is a fantastic dan.

and yesterday I posted a new pic with comments…it posted, i saw it, and then today—it was not there. Did anyone see it. Fio–you complimented me on the link, or was that the fixation site? interesting. But Mendel–I wrote you a big long very important response that I can’t remember, but it musta been detrimental to our being because jjjjjj deleted it. and that is why i posted a sorry to Fio in the next post. weird. it was a new poster of Dan on the alien. was it a hoax, or what? ho hum. no biggie *’cept for Dan*.

holey carp—IMAX Dan? I think I would have to put a seat protector if I wet to see that. *your welcome cheeky Brit*.
cioa~G

Hmm, is Daniel in Montana? Where are you, Dan?! :)
mariamenounos: Going to montana to interview olivia wilde, daniel craig and harrison ford!must get better fast!!!
30 minutes ago via ÜberSocial for BlackBerry

@Amy

Daniel in Montana? why would the three of them be there.

Hi, susan. I don’t know. But Harrison Ford lives in Livingston, Montana.
He has a ranch there, doesn’t he?

@Amy

i thought Harrison Ford’s ranch was in Wyoming

Ford’s ranch is in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. But that is only about 200 miles away.

They are going to camping in Montana! How cool!!
oliviawilde: going camping with team Cowboys&Aliens in MT tomorrow. been perfecting my smores technique since Feb. @Jon_Favreau, bring your tiny guitar.
about 5 hours ago via web

Ah, next interview will be Daniel? :)
(VIDEO) The Cowboys & Aliens Interviews: Olivia Wilde Has a Hard Head

That’s what the doctor at the ER said after she was thrown from a horse on the set of Cowboys & Aliens and bounced back without missing a beat. She was as tough as they come. She was one of the most experienced riders in the cast and volunteered to try whatever the stunt team deemed safe, including a cable pull from a crane out of the saddle, mid-gallop.

In this third installment of the Cowboys & Aliens Interviews, I sat with Olivia Wilde whom I got to know very well over the course of the movie. These conversations are a snapshot of what life is like for a star on the rise. This is one of those wonderful moments where you get a sense of who a person is developing into at the cusp of a prolific career. We cover a variety of topics including not only her growing body of work but also where her passions lie outside of show business.

Hi Guinness

“New work is kicking my azz.”

New jobs always do. If they don’t, and you are already bored in the first week, that’s a bad sign…

“Can you say bathtub picture. or Dan with strewn garbage all over road with nekkidness. that is a fantastic dan.”

LOL, yes, that is a fantastic Dan!

“I posted a new pic with comments…it posted, i saw it, and then today—it was not there. Did anyone see it.”

No :( I only saw the link to the fixation site.

“But Mendel–I wrote you a big long very important response that I can’t remember, but it musta been detrimental to our being because jjjjjj deleted it. and that is why i posted a sorry to Fio in the next post.”

Ah, that explains the ‘surry’ – it didn’t make sense at all! It must have been SOME post to have been deleted! I wish I had seen it!

“no biggie *’cept for Dan*.”

*grin*

“I think I would have to put a seat protector if I wet to see that.”

LOL! And wear Wellies…the floor is getting a bit too moist…

to Fio

“They are going to camping in Montana! How cool!!”

Brilliant! Just like real cowboys – and girls ;)

Daniel during a photocall to promote the TINTIN in Cancun, Mexico!!

TerriSeymour: Just arrived in beautiful Montana. Going to be filming on an amazing ranch tomorrow. Interviewing Daniel Craig Harrison Ford & Olivia Wilde
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

1075ZooFM: [RUMOR] Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig and Spielberg Pass Through Missoula http://bit.ly/plcQgQ (expand)
about 1 hour ago via twitterfeed

Cowboys & Aliens (2011) Exclusive Clip: “You Owe Me”

Cowboys & Aliens (2011) – Exclusive Clip: “You Owe Me”

Can’t waaaaaaaaaaait!!!!!
mariamenounos: Just saw cowboys& aliens..first screening I can remember where all of the media clapped& cheered.fun movie!
13 minutes ago via ÜberSocial for BlackBerry

JESSIMTV: Just saw Cowboys&Aliens in Montana! It’s got EVERYTHING you want in a summer blockbuster: Cowboys, Aliens and Daniel Craig in assless chaps.
12 minutes ago via WhoSay

@ 07/13/2011 at 10:41 pm

careful, don’t want to upset poor Gina.

It’s a hot summer @RitzCarlton #Cancun: Daniel Craig stopped by to present his new movie The Adventures of Tintin

thx amy and fio—-keep it coming. excellent.
dan rocks in a t-shirt.
gawd he looks soooo cute and i want to hug that shirt. damn.
and does his collection of sunglasses match his timepieces?? funny,.
hi mendel==gots to go. fun fun everywhere fun!

Hi, Guinness
“i want to hug that shirt”
Are you sure? Airight, I hug him tightly!!
Like this :)
“hi mendel==gots to go. fun fun everywhere fun!”
Well, Mendel must have enjoyed Harry Potter last night!

More Featurette!
Cowboys And Aliens – Official Western Meets Sci Fi Featurette

Awwwww I want to go to there! HEAVENLY!!
sashaperlraver: @donkaye It’s Daniel Craig. In Cowboy country. He can handle me, @JRothC, @jennabusch just fine.
about 16 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry
sashaperlraver: Just interviewed Harrison Ford in the back of a wagon while Daniel Craig looked on and giggled. Han Solo and James Bond…humblebrag!
about 13 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry
aliciamalone: Final night in this secret exotic location that I’m banned from tweeting about. In the morn I’m off to Montana for Cowboys & Aliens. Yeehah!
about 11 hours ago via web