Casey Anthony Sentenced to 4 Years, Will Be Released July 13

Casey Anthony Sentenced to 4 Years, Will Be Released July 13

Casey Anthony was ordered to spend four years in jail for lying to investigators on Thursday (July 7) at the Orange County Courthouse in Orlando, Fla.

But the 25-year-old mother of Caylee Anthony will be released next Wednesday (July 13) due to credit for time served and good behavior, according to the court.

Casey, who was found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, was, however, convicted of four misdemeanor count of providing false information to law enforcement.

Judge Belvin Perry handed down the maximum sentence of one year in jail for each counts, along with a $4,000 fine. But he explained Casey would be able to get out early since she has already spent nearly three years behind bars.

Credit: Pool; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Casey Anthony

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

omg! look at her smirk! She’s a disgusting human being and she never be let out around normal people

Outrageous. Absolute failure of the judicial system. Hopefully within these 4 years more evidence appears to send her butt to jail for life. It really pisses me off that she is smiling and her lawyers went and had a drink after all of it. Difficult case and proud of their win Im sure but they forget a child still died in all this. Disgusting

I hate Florida so much right now… and I live here for God’s sake.

Allianorah @ 07/07/2011 at 12:26 pm

The pic scares the **** out of me…

Hold up what? She’s not even spending the 4 years in jail? I thought she’d be going back. That is even worse omg what a joke

despicable... @ 07/07/2011 at 12:28 pm

but don’t worry, people. She still has a life sentence of sharing space with the rest of us, who know who and what she is and will never let her forget it.

Casey…..meet OJ. OJ….Casey.

i hope everywhere she goes people hit her with rocks.

Ladies & Gentleman @ 07/07/2011 at 12:33 pm

Presenting the face of a Cold Blooded Killer……

The choose of the photo is not innocent as usual.
I don’t defend her, I live in France and I don’t really understand all the passion around that.

I think it’s dangerous when people wanna be the judges of other people.
If she did it, she will pay it anyway, you cant’ live in peace with that.

And if she is not…And if she is crazy…
I heard america can send to death simple minds, and innocent people too sometimes.

{Sigh}….It is what it is! It’s just ashame that poor Caylee won’t get any justice. She should be fixed like a dog to where she can’t have anymore kids!!!!!

she’s looks like the Cheshire Cat. and why not? Casey killed her child and the jury let her get away with it. those people on that jury make the jurors at OJ Simpson’s trial look intelligent. i want to know what this jury will do and say when Casey does it again.

M U R D E R E R ! !

everyone just shut up. im so sick of the **** thats been coming out of peoples mouths who have no idea what their talking about. move on, caylee isnt coming back, as much as we all wish she would..its just not gonna happen.

Giuseppe Sallo @ 07/07/2011 at 12:47 pm

She is so sexy!

She was proven not guilty. Let her be free. If she really did it, karmas a bit ch. If she didn’t do it, it wouldn’t be fare to lock her up for life. Everyone needs to lay off her

If I were her, I’d be freakin’ out. Does she not realize there are MANY ANGRY people waiting outside those jail door’s?

I am glad you are all the way in France.

I wish there was a real @ 07/07/2011 at 12:52 pm

DEXTER!!!

mortimer's sister @ 07/07/2011 at 12:54 pm

Thousands of little kids get abused or die every day in America. What about them. I was very sad about what happened to Caylee, but maybe we should use what happened as a chance to try to do something for other kids. There’s organizations who need help and volunteers. We can’t save Caylee but we can use our disappointment to save some other kid in her memory. I am erasing this rotten woman from my mind. As far as I am concerned she is invisible. If I walk passed her on the street I wouldn’t see her. She can rot for as far as I’m concerned. I hope she walks the earth friendless and alone forever. When someone dies who is a defenseless baby, you don’t get a “do over.”

I hope she gets hit by a bus, the moment she walks out into the street.

Allianorah @ 07/07/2011 at 12:56 pm

@Mief # 10:
I’m french, and usually against the death penalty but in this case, the death penalty for casey would have been too soft for her…

when she leaves the court room does she wear a bullet proof vest I wonder?

i think even society overall has its faults, not only the justice system. as we saw with OJ, not only did he get away free, but he was able to continue in his fame and fortune… i have the same feeling casey will too with book deals and paid interviews..

to Mief #10 @ 07/07/2011 at 1:06 pm

For someone who disapproves of judgement, you sure sound judgemental yourself. You French people really do think you and your country are better than the rest of us, don’t you? Arrogant ******.

She will always be known as a MURDERER, Baby Killer, a Liar, a Thief and according to Baez, a ****. She destroyed her parents lives. Her brother and George are sexual predators and Cindy just a bad parent. She is a sociopath and in need of counseling for years to come. Mason needs to hire her because no one else will, but his wife beware because he can still use a finger. Hide the DUCT TAPE and Credit Cards. They will soon see her true value. I pity her and anyone who comes in contact with her. She seems to be on top of the world But Karma is a real *****

lawsuit gallore @ 07/07/2011 at 1:11 pm

Every person who can sue her should.

lawsuit gallore @ 07/07/2011 at 1:12 pm

@JJ: the mom & dad are so freaking weird too. they are always in court for that idiot… The dad should run for his life.

The case is over. It is time to move on and make peace with what has occurred.

I hope she she is ostracized and left to rot. May she ************.

Can’t every service, every single person who volunteered to help the Anthonys sue her? They should take every bit of her time and her money, to constantly remind her what she has put the people through! Isn’t the Florida tax payers shouldering the expenses for this? Can’t they sue her for the prosecution’s expenses? Anthony parents won’t sue her for wrongful death, and by all accounts, they knew all along what their daughter did and shielded her from death penalty.

They should have gone with manslaughter and she would have found guilty… it was the death penalty which got her off I think.

I just want to punch that nasty face of hers.

Giuseppe Sallo @ 07/07/2011 at 1:35 pm

Welcome to AMERICA! Where the the guilty are freed, and the innocent are ignored. Albeit, Not enough evidence to convict her, the defense should have came up with a “Plan B”. Too late now.

Btw, nancy grace is a joke.

@essie: Might I remind you that OJ has been in federal prison for the last two and a half years.

Good thing she not black, and the baby was white. This case would of drag on senselessly, and racist would be pouring out like crazy, like the OJ trial. It funny how there not that much controversy about it now that it over though.

She looks like that surfer girl from 90210, not that I watch that show or anything…

sicksister @ 07/07/2011 at 1:52 pm

There is one thing I hope everyone can agree on: Casey Anthony should not profit from the murder of her child. Let’s all make a pact right now to BOYCOTT CASEY ANTHONY and anything she does. Don’t buy her book. Don’t watch her movie.

I’m done hearing her lies and I hope you are all with me on this!

@Frozoid:

i was speaking when he was released.. ppl were in a uproar as well yet he was not prevented to to live his lavish lifestyle.. his reason being in jail now is not in connection to his previous trial

It’s a Shame in our society that woman who killed her baby can go free and a person who sell drugs get 20 years but a baby killer get to walk and be carefree and this killer with the society we live in will be filthy rich because there are actually news program will pay this monster to lie again and hopefully with the lies she tells somehow there will be a way to charger with something there happen to be a way to get some justice for caylee and thank god for nancy grace because of her and her program caylee has a voice

Giuseppe Sallo @ 07/07/2011 at 2:10 pm

@sicksister:

She’s still gonna get a book/movie deal…. and probably get a huge fee for interviews.

The face of a cold blooded sociopath who drugged and suffocated her baby so she could party and punish the parents she hated so much.
I would love to see her suffer for the rest of her life..unfortunately sociopaths have no conscience. She will always maintain she didn’t do it and will never shed a real tear for her child….this sick evil b*tch will get her karma but good….you just watch…

WhatATool @ 07/07/2011 at 2:17 pm

@essie #25

Since you’re comparing her to OJ, not true he did not continue w/fame fortune he is always will be a Pariah.
Not so with this psychopath Casey she will ease back into society
NO JUSTICE FOR BABY CAYLEE

sue her butt off @ 07/07/2011 at 2:20 pm

I wonder if they find out who the father was/is if his family could sue her for wrongful death.

WhatATool @ 07/07/2011 at 2:35 pm

Robert Blake, got away with m u r d er he was at the scene of the crime with a gun and was still found not guilty.
Even the people on this thread defending CA know she is quilty- the judicial system FAILED
It’s ok for Some mothers to k i l l their children (Andrea yates)

I hope we make her life a living hell and force her to move out of the country. Make her a pariah. She shouldn’t be able to walk in a supermarket without being harassed.

If you don’t pay your light bill
for 31 days.. no power! If you don’t pay your water bill for 31 days.. no water!
If you don’t return a movie you rented for 31 days.. you pay for that movie! If
you don’t report your child missing for 31 days, what happens?? ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING!!

She is all kinds of crazy! Just look at those creepy eyes.

what are the odds of finding 12 jurors that stupid. I hope they can’t sleep and catch hell as well

Baked potato nose *****!

bet she heads to NYC or LA!

In honor of Caylee’s memory, sing a petition, CAYLEE”S LAW. If it passes, it will be a felony crime in the US if the care giver of a child does not report a missing child to police within 48 hours.

God help me, but every time I see her, I want to slap her.

I agree with BOYCOTTING “Crazy Anthony” and her disgusting family. I will not buy any book written by her, or any of her family members. I will NOT watch any show or tv channel that features her and that pays her for interviews. I bet she thinks that she will be rich and famous now that she’s out jail.
I will never forget that she is a monster and a baby killer that threw her own daughter in the bushes to rot.

I read she never wanted this child to begin with, and her mother Cindy insisted on her having this baby. There was also a talk of Cindy taking the custody of the baby as Casey was an unfit mother. This tragedy wouldn’t have happened if she was on birth control. Are they Catholics? Unfit people shouldn’t have children.

@BEAN: u know she isn’t serving 4 more years right. they are taking her past 3 into account and letting her out with good behaviour

@LaTanya: just wait until this ***** is in society…she will realize how hard karma can hit you

@J: true…I guarantee you that had this been a black mother, she would’ve been guilty no matter what

@lissett: Then you would be as bad as she.

@to Mief #10:

That’s why the rest of the world hates Americans soooo much. As soon as someone stands up and says anything against something from your country you get nasty. Because so many of you thing America is the top of the world.

@Mari:

I doubt many people in your country share your opinion. I was recently in France and your fellow counrtymen were delightful. Please do not forget that our men once stormed your beaches without asking anything in return. I am not asking you to love us, but please do not throw out insults either.

jenanistonfan @ 07/08/2011 at 10:32 am

case is closed. People should let it go. God knows what happened and there was no clear evidence. Leave her alone, dont b too judgemental.

BEAN @ 07/07/2011 at 12:24 pm

Thumb up Thumb down +47

=======
You can’t try a person for the same thing twice, it’s called Double Jeopardy. She could admit on television that she killed her daughter and they wouldn’t be able to put her in jail for murder. Btw she got 4 years for lying, but she’s gotten credit for the time she’s already spent in jail already and will be released in a few days. Free and clear.
The Fifth Amendment states in part: “A verdict of acquittal, although not followed by any judgment, is a bar to a subsequent prosecution for the same offense.” However, if they can come up with some other charge relevant to this case for which she has NOT been acquitted, they can try her for that.
What I find offensive is Casey’s attorney trying to make bank on this case for HIMSELF and the jurors running their mouths on tv. They should Stfu. I agree that a public display of jubilation in the form of drinking and toasting was not appropriate. After all, a child is dead and no one has been held accountable for it.

whereis justice @ 07/09/2011 at 9:13 am

I can’t believe that they let her go… even tho they all thought she was guilty!!! I hate our justice system and the police for that matter. In the end they made valid points (prosecutor), but the investigation wasn’t there in the beginning like it should have been. They didn’t follow up on the first tip from the meter man in August (COME ON) you waited until December to go and look when you could have found her two months after she was missing? why didn’t they examine the trash bag found in the car??? So crazy… and she knows she got over!

whereis justice @ 07/09/2011 at 9:14 am

to add… our legal system doesn’t take kid crimes seriously or domestic abuse