Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Gets Release Date

Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Gets Release Date

Gerard Butler has a chat with Pascal Vicedomini, the founder of the Ischia Global Fest, while dining at a restaurant on Saturday (July 9) on the Island of Ischia in Naples, Italy.

The 41-year-old Scottish stud is in town to receive the Actor of the Year Award at the film festival.

Gerard‘s movie Machine Gun Preacher just received a release date, as well as a new distributor.

The film will be released in limited theaters on September 23 by Relativity Media after the company acquired the rights from Lionsgate.

gerard butler machine gun preacher gets release date 01
gerard butler machine gun preacher gets release date 02
gerard butler machine gun preacher gets release date 03
gerard butler machine gun preacher gets release date 04
gerard butler machine gun preacher gets release date 05
gerard butler machine gun preacher gets release date 06

• A Panthers NFL player has been deactivated for domestic abuse - TMZ
  • Charles Barkley is defending Adrian Peterson - Gossip Cop
  • Nolan Gould is all grown up on Modern Family - Just Jared Jr
  • Martha Stewart is slamming Gwyneth Paltrow - Huffington Post
  • What do you think of Emma Stone's LBD? - Lainey Gossip
  • An Amy Winehouse statue was erected in London - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Alessandra Ambrosio's legs are so long - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Gerry will you stop with the stupid cigarette habit?

The ‘mommies’ can complain about the smoking, I think the man looks HOT!

@Sharp: Will you still think that he is hot if he will breath near you? I will faint…from the smell.

partycrasher @ 07/09/2011 at 10:18 am

Actor of the Year? For what? The Bounty Hunter?

must of paid or laid the mafioso

Try sitting ina office allday @ 07/09/2011 at 10:18 am

I can’t wait to see this movie !

@partycrasher: I read that Avi Lerner will be awarded too. Maybe he help Gerry with his connections.

He always looks so f*kn smelly.

So Swedish @ 07/09/2011 at 10:23 am

I like it when G visits the old world, he probably likes to get away from the paps in la too.

Indie Wire thinks that Machine Gun Preacher may earn Mr. Butler the Oscar this awards season.

He doesnt look as stinky as Jen’s new guy, ewwwwwwww I can smell his fumes thru my PC, she def dated down from Gerard

@Justin:

She never dated Gerry just pretended to. Aniston is not his type. He may have played around with her but really why do people keep saying he dated her. LOL..

sticking your hand up a bum is not dating. He does that to randoms on the street. Kills me how people need to associate that woman with men.Same with Bradley Cooper.. He never dated her either.

Gerry needs to find a look and stick to it. If he wants to be dirty then be it all the time. Otherwise it is becoming boring.

OK magazine not that these mags ever get it right always referes Gerard as jen’s ex

A True Fan @ 07/09/2011 at 11:21 am

I think Gerry is the most exquisite man alive, ciggies or no. I’d love on him with or without them. He deserves my love and devotion regardless. He looks great and deserves this award. Now if my own country (the US) would only see what the rest of the world does …. Love you Gerry – no matter what.

justsayin'too @ 07/09/2011 at 11:36 am

I’ve always been a fan but I can’t get used to the skinny, dirty look he seems to favor lately.

if I had never seen young Gerry I would not be impressed by old Gerry

justsayin'too @ 07/09/2011 at 12:32 pm

well- have to agree, but he could clean up and look so much better if he would just shave and gain some muscle. Oh and take a shower once in awhile.

@partycrasher:
“must of” not so sure, “must have” most certainly.

Gerry looks very handsome even at this weight, but hot went out the window when he lit that cigarette. Not that I really care, it’s none of my business and it’s his body. If he wants to be a slave to tobacco, it’s his choice. I know it’s very hard for some people to quit smoking for good. I wish good things for him in that department and hope he succeeds someday.

oldbutnotdead @ 07/09/2011 at 1:40 pm

@she: Well, I have dated smokers in the long ago past, and lived with them…
it is generally only bad if the person is a heavy smoker. At this point, we do not know that about G, but it is disappointing for health reasons.

As for a shower, shaving etc, he is inside, probably his suite, and if he wants to stay unshaven when long distance intrusive paps take his picture, it is ok with me. I like that look on men.

Really , really hate all the shaved, oiled chests everywhere now…since no one knows if he has taken a shower or not, any comments like that are just for basic snarkiness.

For those who dislike this look, there are many other less masculine male celebs out there, go find them. Or perhaps such posters prefer Mr. Towel head, Leo?

oldbutnotdead @ 07/09/2011 at 1:43 pm

I am guessing that either Coriolanus or Machine Gun Preacher would be the basis for actor of the year, unless it is just for a body of work (and great PR; I think he is a good actor want to see him in more good roles). We will find out later I suppose.

He does not get the blame for The Bounty Hunter, he did the best he could with the material. The writers and directors get the blame, and he and Jen Aniston were not a good casting choice.

@oldbutnotdead:He does not get the blame for The Bounty Hunter, he did the best he could with the material. The writers and directors get the blame…well, he couls say no to such an embarrassing role. I have a feeling he wasn’t at a good point at his career if he said yes to that role. But things are going to change for him and that’s what I’m waiting for to see.

peacesister @ 07/09/2011 at 1:54 pm

Ladies, this mommy here is concerned. First the beach pics with the security guys and now these. He looks totally panicky paranoid. There’s something fishy going on. *frown*
OT, Manny, did you watch that movie with Idris Elba in it? With hubby? Just cuddling up???? Come ooon! How much of the movie did you see? ;-)
And to all the lovelies out there, especially my regs of course (lol), have a rocking good weekend!!! This old hag has to attend a 25th wedding anniversary tonight. Ouch.
Cheers!

@peacesister: Wow, Congratulations, how are you celebrating?

It’s sad to see him smoking again but it’s an incredibly addictive thing for him to try to kick. Maybe he has stressors in his life that make it hard for him to quit.

At least his career seems to be on track for bigger and better things ahead.

i think he smokes so he doesnt eat to keep the weight he lossed in check. i read he loves to eat

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All