Kate Winslet, John C. Reilly, Christoph Waltz & Jodie Foster: 'Carnage' Stills!

Kate Winslet, John C. Reilly, Christoph Waltz & Jodie Foster: 'Carnage' Stills!

Check out these new stills from Roman Polanski‘s latest film, Carnage!

The film, which stars Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster, Christoph Waltz, and John C. Reilly, tells the story of two sets of parents from Brooklyn, NY, who decide to have a cordial meeting after their sons are involved in a schoolyard brawl.

Roman, who wrote the screenplay and directed the film, adapted the script from the play God of Carnage by Yasmina Reza, which opened on Broadway in 2009.

The film is set to be released on Friday (November 18).

carnage roman polanski stills 01
carnage roman polanski stills 02
carnage roman polanski stills 03

• Kevin Sorbo isn't happy that he wasn't included in Dwayne Johnson's Hercules - US Weekly
  • Jake T. Austin has been charged for a hit-n-run- TMZ
  • Real Housewives' Aviva Drescher rips off a prosthetic leg- Gossip Cop
  • Peyton List introduces her best friend Kaylyn- Just Jared Jr
  • How many viewers watched the premiere episode of Dating Naked?- Entertainment Weekly
  • Julia Ormond discusses her 1995 classic film Legends of the Fall - Huffington Post
  • Marvel Comics is having a female Thor?- Lainey Gossip
  • Weird Al' Yankovic is looking to top the Billboard 200 for the first time- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Natasha Oakley shows off her bikini body while swimming in the ocean- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Nice Company, huh? @ 07/17/2011 at 4:38 pm

First Mel Gibson, now Roman Polanski ….Jodie Foster is morally bankrupt.( What a piece of garb*ge.) Never gonna spend a cent on anything she is involved in.

You’re so ridiculous. If you want to be angry, be angry at the man who actually committed a crime, not Jodie Foster who did nothing wrong herself. Hate by association, especially when you don’t know the person OR their field of work, is both unfair and cruel. Sad world we live in where people are criticized endlessly for doing nothing wrong. I get the Polanski hate but why would you hate Jodie Foster? Are you not aware that colleagues who work together can also dislike one another’s choices/morals? People forget that acting is a business, it’s not a party where actors get together and do absolutely nothing but memorize a few lines and put on dresses. It’s a craft, and the people who are in it for the craft (ie. Foster) will not judge based on personal life. Your colleague’s personal life is none of your business, just like Polanski’s personal life isn’t Foster’s business. They all have a job to do. It’s not a play date where they shopped and held hands. It was a professional experience. So stop being ignorant. She won’t even care if you don’t spend a cent on her anyway. She’s a smart, successful actress and you’re whining on the computer.

To insinuate that Foster shares the same views/opinions/morals/thoughts as Polanski because she worked on a film with him is like saying your neighbour hates children because his boss hates children. You can’t make the ridiculous assumption that people who work together are identical in personality and thought. I can’t even tell you how idiotic that is. Don’t even come and post to criticize the guy who actually made the wrong decision, you go straight to the actress who has nothing to do with his personal life.

Nice Company, huh? @ 07/17/2011 at 5:17 pm

@Marisa – I don’t hate JF., I just recognize her lack of integrity and I choose to boycott her movies. We are judged by the choices we make. She certainly does not have to work on this film to make the rent money. She made the choice to work with a known rapist (of a 13 yr old girl). She tried hard to defend the disgusting Mel Gibson because she had a movie to sell. That is enough for me to see what she is about. Of course she will not care,but that is not the point. Let me ask you this – would you have a problem working closely with a rapist? Racist? Anti-semite? Homophobe? Someone who is violent with women? I will refrain from calling you ignorant or ridiculous but believe me it is hard not to.

^_^adam lambert have new pic in new york city and he so sweet

^_^adam lambert have new pic in new york city and he so sweet

alessandra @ 07/17/2011 at 5:41 pm

huh hows care about adam

Love the shoes @ 07/17/2011 at 5:47 pm

My opinion of Jodie Foster keeps changing from admiration to questionable. I get sticking by her friend Mel’s side. I evern admire her publiclic supporting him with her loyalty. Working for Polanski is another can of worms for me. He’s a pediphile and has never owned that. If he were some plain Joe out here he’d be in the system and we’d know it.

“The film is set to be released on Friday (November 18).”

riiiiiiiight…..

Who you willingly associate with says a lot about you. Replace Roman Polanski with Casey Anthony and people would be boycotting the movie like there’s no tomorrow.

@Nice Company Uh she didn’t defend Mel Gibson to sell her film. That film had disaster written all over it from the beginning; the story was very hard to sell, Gibson’s reputation already poisoned any attraction, it was never a box office magnet. She defended him because she’s been friends with him for several, several years and that’s what good friends do. Good friends don’t turn the other way and pretend as if nothing happened. She is a class act for defending her long-time friend despite what random people think of him. Another thing about Foster and Polanski…it’s not about the money for her first of all. It’s about the craft for her, therefore if she sees good material she won’t let a colleague’s personal life get in the way because it’s NONE OF HER BUSINESS. In a situation where the Polanski victim herself wants people to get over it, why are you so harsh towards Foster? She’s not making a big deal over working with him and that’s her prerogative. You can judge all you want but you don’t know her personally. If you’re going to be angry, channel that energy towards Polanski, boycott the film because of him, not an actress who chooses to work. Oh, and about the ludicrous question you directed at me, a woman in no position to answer properly, how on earth would I know exactly who I’m working with? I’m not in a professional position where potential colleagues’ life choices are made known to the public. I know nothing about my colleagues apart from what they tell me. For all I know I could be working with someone who committed a crime 20 years ago. So you can’t expect me to answer that question. You’re the ignorant one for even asking me, without realization that the acting profession is very different from other professions in the sense that personal lives are being paraded. When Foster is looking for a job, she’ll hear the names involved and she may already know something personal about them. I don’t have that kind of knowledge in my profession. It’s easier for us to judge famous people and unfortunately, we take advantage of that luxury by picking them apart like pieces of meat.

@QQ Yes, and who you professionally associate with says a lot about you in the context of your profession. Foster working with Polanski says a lot about her as an actress – the material she likes, what she’s willing to do on screen, etc. It doesn’t tell me about Jodie Foster the mother, the woman, simply because this is a professional collaboration. The issue is that people, including the ones who commented here, can’t separate professional and personal. Working with someone professionally shouldn’t be seen an automatic access card into that person’s personal life, because you can’t assume what attracts Foster to Polanski the director is identical to Foster’s feelings about Polanski the person. Foster said it best when asked about this whole ordeal: it’s none of my business. None of her business, none of my business, none of your business.

wow boycott child fckers

lexy hates bilson @ 07/17/2011 at 6:18 pm

What a talented cast!!

Nice Company, huh? @ 07/17/2011 at 5:17 pm

what ever you may think of Roman Polanski he is a brilliant director. that is evidenced by all of the actors who want to work with him. i work for a large casting company in LA that works with many “A” list directors and actors. all Polanski has to do is let the word out that he’s going to direct a film and he will have his choice of any number of actors. he doesn’t have to go to them; they go to him.

Kate Winslet practically begged Polanski to hire her because she knows this project has Oscar written all over it. John C Reilly, Christoph Waltz, and Jodie Foster did the same. these four actors are not stupid. they know a great script and a great director when they see on.

now, you can boycott this film, if you want. trust me, it will be your loss.; from what i’ve heard this film is brilliant. Already some powerful people in the business are talking Best Picture, Best Actor and Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Actress, Best adapted screenplay, and, whether you like it or not, Best Director nominations for this film.
and it’s not even been released yet.

there are a lot of people who will see this film. just as there were a lot of people who saw The Pianist and Ghost Writer. let me guess, you boycotted The Pianist as well. as i said, your loss. so go ahead and boycott but please don’t interfere with the right of others to see this film if they choose to.

Nice Company, huh? @ 07/17/2011 at 6:30 pm

@Marisa To quote you “She defended her long time friend( Mel Gibson)despite what RANDOM people think of him”. What does that mean exactly?( Wow, you are kidding, right?) As far as the question I posed to you, don’t be intellectually dishonest and dodge my question. Simply put – Would you choose to work closely with a rapist, racist, antisemite, homophobe, someone violent with women? The point is she DOES KNOW about these behaviors and still makes what I consider an amoral (not caring about right or wrong) choice. Again ,I do not hate JF. I just have no respect for her choices.
Calm down, YOU seem very UPSET and ANGRY. (Oh and calling me names is just so lame.)

@mary John C. Reilly recently said (in an interview) said they received word that Polanski wanted the four of them specifically for their parts. So I don’t think it was a case of all the actors begging him to cast them. It’s the director’s choice after all.

Nice Company, huh? @ 07/17/2011 at 6:43 pm

@mary How am I interfering with the rights of others to see this film? (I am making my choice ,what others do is their business) The last time I checked expressing an opinion was not against any law. Oh and I have seen the play .
I think you should calm down too!

@Nice Company Random people as in the general public. She defended her friend despite the constant amount of hate he received from the media, from random people on message boards, from a large majority. She didn’t care what others thought of him. Also, I didn’t dodge the question. I addressed my reasoning for not being able to answer it, so I didn’t ignore it altogether. I’m not in a position where I’d know my colleagues for their personal choices, so I can’t answer. I’m not in the entertainment industry either, so I can’t answer. You’re just trying to get a simple ‘no’ out of me to further support your point when in fact the question doesn’t apply to me, and I can’t possibly put myself in another situation unless I’m actually in it. Sorry, I’m not giving in to that. I don’t think so. I already addressed the issue in separating professional and personal opinions with plenty of depth, so I’m not going to repeat myself again. I’m not angry/upset either. What is it with people assuming an opposing opinion comes from a very upset person? I disagree with you, plain and simple, with the most monotone expression on my face. I’m not in an angry rage, and I don’t care for your thoughts on the ‘name calling’. I didn’t use name calling in an unfitted way as my words were very much suitable for your comments. You made it clear that you feel the same way about me, so you shouldn’t act as you’re so above name calling simply because you didn’t type out insults.

Roman Polanski is a man who drugged, raped and sodomized a little girl – someone who didn’t even serve him, someone who fled and is a FUGITIVE. Any and all who worked on this should be ashamed of themselves. I consider it aiding a child rapist. Disgusting.

Kate Winslet’s daughter is only a couple years younger than the girl who was raped and sodomized by this man. HOW COULD SHE? All these people are gross.

@Marisa:

Who cares if she shares the same views? She agreed to work with the man, she is participating in something that is going to make him money, allowing him to continue to live abroad where he fled to avoid being prosecuted for his crimes like a coward.

She is not responsible for his crimes, but she is condoning them by working with him. And considering her now FABULOUS track record of working with people who beat their girlfriends while they’re holding their babies and now a child rapist… I think it’s safe to say that she’s got the moral fortitude of scum.

@mary:

Well gee, I guess we should just forgive all the kiddie rapists that happen to be good at something. What the hell is wrong with you?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All