Vanessa Hudgens: I Have a 'Soccer Mom' Haircut!

Vanessa Hudgens: I Have a 'Soccer Mom' Haircut!

Vanessa Hudgens goes for a bike ride with her younger sis, Stella, on Tuesday (July 19) in Studio City, Calif.

The 22-year-old actress recently chatted about her new short hairdo, which is part of her dramatic makeover for her upcoming film, Gimme Shelter.

“Oh man, it’s really intense. I’m still getting used to it,” she told Access Hollywood. “Honestly, I kind of feel like a soccer mom, but we’re going to let that go. There’s nothing wrong with soccer moms, but I’m only 22!”

“I grabbed the scissors and started cutting my actual hair and then my director decided that he was going to grab the scissors. He grabs a chunk of my hair and just chops it,” she added.

15+ pictures inside of Vanessa Hudgens and Stella biking in Studio City…

vanessa hudgens bike ride stella 01
vanessa hudgens bike ride stella 17

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

soccer mom?
okay

Dumb girl @ 07/19/2011 at 7:30 pm

dumb idea. better head over and get jess simpson/paris hilton/jennifer aniston/KARDASHIANS extensions/WEAVE place ASAP

This is what dedication to a role is. You’re the dumb one. It’s hair. It’ll grow back.

@shank
You beat me to it I was about to say the same thing.
Vanessa didn’t cut her hair because she wanted to or fealt like it. She did it for her role and that’s what they wanted the character to be. You do what you gotta do.

It may be for a movie, but all this complaining is annoying. She wasn’t forced to take on the role.

I think she looks fine. There aren’t very many actresses willing to gain weight & chop all their hair off for a movie so props to her.

@Xox: No kidding…..tell me who has done it recently. None. They’re all too vain. Vanessa is working hard, and this shows her dedication to realism w/ this role. It’s such a socially relevant role…..I’m proud of her and the guts it took to do this.

@maria: anyway the movie will bomb. no one trusts vanessa’s acting or take her serioisly after the naked pictures. I am a Vanessa fan myself and even though I always stand up for her everyone that knows who she is doesn’t want to spend money on her movies. it’s so sad and I hope people could change their minds after seeing how hard our girl is working!

zac-is-wack @ 07/19/2011 at 8:36 pm

lauren and dumb girl is the same person. anyways, at least V doesn’t have a potato head like your idol’s current hook up.

zac-is-wack @ 07/19/2011 at 8:37 pm

em you mean the atomic bombs that your idol is chugging 24/7?

Boring i hate

I like any girl with long hair

lexy hates bilson @ 07/19/2011 at 8:53 pm

She looks nice with short hair. It will make her stand out as an actress! Not just another wanna be!!

It’s good that she wants to take roles playing a homeless crackhead or whatever. She just needs to be good in it. Even if the movie sucks which it probably will, she’ll do good for herself by being good in it.

Id like her if she proves to have talent.
hollywood could always use more truley talented actresses.

laverdadduele @ 07/19/2011 at 9:19 pm

I can’t believe she cut her gorgeous hair. That’s what wigs are for!

She is so irrelevent. No one cares about her except for a few immature fans.

Fail.

I don’t take her seriously as an actress. Just another person trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Don’t like her. End of story.

uh @ zac-is-wack
im not dumb girl, u dipshit,
dumb girl is a different person.
get over yourself.

jeccalovesV @ 07/19/2011 at 9:47 pm

she’s amazing..look how she change from being gabriella to blondie…and now she’s taking it seriously…and she looks younger now..than ashley!..i mean try something new!…it means vanessa’s not afraid to experiment..and that shows how pros she is!go v!

offtheproperty @ 07/19/2011 at 10:14 pm

She makes me happy by going for a bike ride and smiling !

@laverdadduele: she said in an interview that when she was shooting the scene with a wig on it didnt look like she was cutting her actual hair. And she may have had poor judgement in terms of sucessful movies but people do recognize her talent. People who are complaining about her “lack of talent” should really look it up she gets a lot of praises for her acting especially in Bandslam

♥ vanessa is awesome. i’m so proud of her. ♥

it’ll grow back, hon.
plus, long long hair seems to be on it’s way out anyway.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All