'Amazing Spider-Man': Teaser Trailer Released!

'Amazing Spider-Man': Teaser Trailer Released!

Check out the teaser trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man!

The film, starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, will hit theaters on July 3, 2012.

“I’ve seen the trailer, which I believe comes out [before] Captain America,” Emma told MTV News recently. “I thought it was pretty cool, but maybe I’m a little bit biased, contractually. I’m pretty excited about it! We’ll see how people respond to it.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the teaser trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man?

The Amazing Spider-Man: Teaser Trailer

Charley Gallay/Getty

Moves Like Jagger @ 07/20/2011 at 12:23 pm

is this movie really neccesairy?

Tobey Maguire’s orig. version looks more great & classic than this spoof … and the young Peter is much better looking too

wtf :S ‘amazing spider-man’

I’m confused hasn’t this already been done? We already know the story.

looks much better then i expected it to be. i’m actually looking forward to it now.

Emma, sorry girl this doesn’t look good…I agree almost like a parody it is hard to fill tobey maguires shoes…it was classic. Don’t mess w the original

I normally wouldn’t be very excited about this but Emma Stone is in it so… I will be going to the theater when it comes out

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 07/20/2011 at 12:37 pm

@Moves Like Jagger: …is any movie?

Can’t wait!!!!

it’s a reboot of the original.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 07/20/2011 at 12:40 pm

@linz: confused..really? …the whole reboot concept isn’t difficult.

not good spider man.and not amazing

it’s the same of original spider man movie,copy and failure¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

nobody cares about spiderman anymore. batman : the dark knight ftw!!!!!

Emma Stone is simply gorgeous!

sorry but andrew is way to hot to be peter parker, they shouldve picked someone who looks geekier than him.. and emma was an awful blonde in this,,i miss the old spidey movies

Another Green Lantern (FLOP) in the making…

Enough Time has Not Passed to start the series over again…It’s ridiculous ! We know the story, it was just told 10 years ago. and less then that for the last installment, SpiderMan 3

Tobey version of Peter Parker is much more charismatic & interesting…

@Moves Like Jagger: So sick of people saying this. It’s even worse when they mention the word ‘remake’. I’m sorry, but was Raimi’s Superman the original source material? NO, so it’s not a remake. It’s an adaptation, a reboot.

@sterling: LOL at you calling Tobey ‘charismatic’.

Christian K @ 07/20/2011 at 1:24 pm

Another origin story? really? and a cut scene from mirror’s edge? boooorrrriiiinnnngggg.

jacqueline @ 07/20/2011 at 1:26 pm

The Amazing Spider-Man is the title of the comic book, I’m glad they decided to keep it as the movie title. It looks A LOT like the comics, Gwen being the first love, web-shooters…
And I don’t get all these people, Tobey Maguire was a TERRIBLE Spider-Man, he was nothing like the character (go read the comic books and you’ll see how Peter’s a sarcastic, funny guy and not stupid, awkward, quiet).
I’m really liking this reboot! Go Andrew, go Emma, GO THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

They shouldn’t have even done this and handed the production money to DARK KNIGHT RISES it would be even more EPIIIC! but this.. gah I dont think I would pay to see this… Original with Tobey all the way :) Im just gonna sit back at home and watch it from a DVD and save my money.. I suggest other people to do the same!

Madhatter @ 07/20/2011 at 1:49 pm

I love comic book movies and agree with whoever said that Spider Man, as written, is supposed to be funny and sarcastic, not awkward.

But, I don’t know if I can take the motion sickness again that I experienced in the Toby M. version!
LOL.

this trailer wasn’t that interesting. it looks too much like the 2002 spiderman.

This looks good, I love Andrew and Emma together. Way better than Tobey and Kirsten. Even though this is a re-boot, people will still watch it and it will make millions.

I personally think this looks great! I’m sick of people saying that it will be terrible, simply because there hasn’t been a lot of time between the movies. Yes the Sam Raimi movies were good, but that doesn’t mean these can’t be great as well. I have complete faith in Andrew Garfield. Andrew is a great actor, and I feel he will fit Peter Parker more than Tobey did.

I think this looks interesting, and it has a great cast. I can’t wait to see it :)

Black-Dahlia @ 07/20/2011 at 2:18 pm

Everything looks just fine but the special effects at the end are kind of tacky, as expected. It’ s way more difficult to make a believable Spiderman than, let’s say, Batman.

jacqueline @ 07/20/2011 at 2:46 pm

@Black-Dahlia: it’s the first trailer, they’ll improve it until the movie comes out. It’ll look amazing then

The people who are saying that this is not right are idiots!
I don’t like remakes, and at first I say I didn’t want to know anything about it, but this is good because is more like the comic, it’s not perfect but for the comic readers, this is GREAT!

Y’all need to build a bridge and get over it! This movie isn’t even out, so many people will come crawling back and say how amazing it is next year.

And here we go again. I agree with others that it is too soon for a Spider-Man reboot. This isn’t like the Hulk where they had to do massive damage control after the first movie. The three Spider-Man movies had their problems, but they were far from failures. I’m glad Tobey Maguire is gone, but Andrew Garfield is only marginally better. They need to do a real cast search for these superhero movies and stop picking the hot guy in Hollywood at the moment.

themappy3 @ 07/20/2011 at 5:04 pm

Really? The same effing movie…again?!

guys shut up. The movie isn;t out yet and you are already judging. Emma looks gorgeous and Andrew actually looks and acts like spiderman. oh and also, how come no one is saying anything about friends with benefits copying no strings attached? get your asses out the past and move on. This movie will be better than the last.

A MUST SEE FOR ME NEXT YEAR!

GO READ THE COMIC BOOKS, stupids! the old spider-man was bad!
this is dark and sarcastic and that’s the way it should’ve be! the old movie was stupid bubble!

laverdadduele @ 07/20/2011 at 7:39 pm

WTF? Is this a sick joke? Nothing “amazing” about it. I’ll stick to Sam Raimi’s version. Remakes are stupid and unnecessary, stop making them!

testintgon @ 07/20/2011 at 7:55 pm

It looks like a made for 3D gimmick

also Peter Parker could use some tweezing

Not doing anything for me; I think the Parker angle was more interesting than the ***** computer generated spider man wall climbing bit. It really doesn’t look good in terms of special effects; very budget from the look and feel of it. And the costume … that’s not spideys costume. Why would they change that? Eh, I’m not feeling this at all – I think marvel made a mistake. It’s just too soon after the last three and now a reboot? The last three might not have been very loyal to the comics but it’s going to have a major impact on movie viewers.

Now we have to sit through at least a good 35 min and watch Parker discover himself all over again? We’ve seen that already now you guys want us to pay to see it again? Only difference is it’s gwen stacy instead of mary jane, and he has to invent his web shooters. I don’t know how well this will do – compared to Captain America or Iron man; I think Spiderman is just being milked dry and it’s sad.

There just hasn’t been enough time to forget the last three movies, people will go in with bored expressions because they already know the first half of the movie. And they’re going to be so fixated on comparing the first movie to this that it will do this movie a great injustice. I am reserved but I don’t see this breaking any other marvel comic records or even the last spiderman records. WE’ll see.

But thus far the Dark knight Rises teaser was a lot more gripping and compelling. This teaser was in no way a teaser it had way too much in it so it’s very much like a trailer and it was just bad.

Well, i don’t know about the movie but this Andrew guy is going to be a hell of a great actor!

The film has some good actors, butI feel it’s too soon for new Spider man films. I know the film is based closer to the comic books so it falls in line but…dunno. Also then end scene was dodgy, Is that a rip from a game?

yeh it feels like i’ve seen this before. and it’s by the same director so i’m not expecting anything amazing….. sam raimi can you work on a different movie with andrew garfield and emma stone? please?

I guess people don’t know that Disney bought Marvel and in order for Sony to keep the licensing rights from Disney for Spider Man movies, they need to keep making a new spiderman movie every few years otherwise the license reverts to Disney.

Honestly the effects in this look really bad, the second half of the video reminds me of a video game like Mirrors Edge and it takes out the realism of the film for me (even though comics are sensationalized you get what I mean I hope).

@InFamouslyCool Why reboot? Its just stupid! We’ve already seen this movie just with different actors. Hollywood needs to come up with something fresh! There’s only one Spiderman and that is Tobey Maguire

@Christian K:
Yes, that’s what it is. Not very original huh.