Darren Criss Succeeding Daniel Radcliffe in 'How to Succeed'?

Darren Criss Succeeding Daniel Radcliffe in 'How to Succeed'?

Darren Criss may be making his Broadway debut succeeding Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying!

Deadline reports the 24-year-old Glee star will reportedly start negotiations for the lead role since Daniel will be finishing his run in early January to return to film.

Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy has “even encouraged [Darren], who made his professional stage debut at age 10, to fulfill his Broadway dream.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Darren Criss succeeding Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying?

Credit: Jason Merritt, Stephen Lovekin; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Daniel Radcliffe, Darren Criss

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Daniel > Darren, that’s simple.

Great for Darren, though I wonder how this will conflict with Glee’s upcoming season.

LET'S BE HONEST @ 07/21/2011 at 7:16 pm

DanRad is a bit of a crappy actor.

love darren but enough harry potter things . he has to have diffrent career. He has talent

What the bloody **** is this!?!?!??!! WTF. Nooooooo….DANIEL RADCLIFFE IS THE BEST ACTOR TO BE ON BROADWAY. No one can replace him and do better then him. Ugghhhh DARREN NO…..!! Stay in GLEE please. Even if Daniel leaves the show will go down, and no one will watch it as many times as they did when Daniel was on.

Daniel has to leave sometime. They should just leave it alone after that. Darren Criss is ok, but hes a bit too keen.

That’s hilarious, since he’s “Harry Freakin’ Potter”.

Seriously, though… is this serious?

Mhighland @ 07/21/2011 at 7:44 pm

Great choice! Maybe not as well known as Radcliffe, but he has musical theater background that would be good for htsibwrt

Darren is horrible. I fast forward him when he is on glee. Daniel is not the best actor but there is something about him I like.

Pip Pip De Doodly Do @ 07/21/2011 at 7:47 pm

Darren needs to stop taking DanRad’s roles.

Can you guys lay off all the darren hate?
You havent even have given him a chance.
His only only downfall if he has one at all is not as much experience as Dan.
So dont be little *******! (:

darren criss = harry potter from a very potter musical

daniel radcliffe = harry potter from the original HP film series.

instead of darren succeeding daniel in the musical, is there any way that we can incorporate darren in so that he and dan can perform together?

i would s**t rainbows and throw up sparkles from the amount of awesomeness that would emanate from that performance.

i think darren’s a better live performer than tv actor.
it may work, but daniel radcliffe will have left his mark on that show.

lilikoiluv @ 07/21/2011 at 8:48 pm

Dan has been doing a wonderful job, and I’m sure he will have left his mark on this production when his contract ends. Leaving a bit early to work on a film–must be a wonderful part.
Darren has a lot of musical theater background, so this would be a great fit for him. He is incredibly talented, and (if this rumor turns out to be true) I hope he is able to take advantage of this amazing opportunity. He would be a wonderful addition to the production.
Good for Ryan Murphy and company for being so supportive–Darren’s success would add yet another feather to their cap.
Here’s hoping this comes to fruition!

Not enough name recognition to carry a big show ang his acting sucks…

well he’s almost as tall as Daniel!

as;ldfkja;ldsf @ 07/21/2011 at 9:50 pm

I LOVE DARREN CRISS SO MUCH I HOPE THIS HAPPENS I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM.

darren criss is so talented and seems really charming!

why does he have haters?

Really? Even if Darren wants to do Broadway, he should do something unrelated to Daniel Radcliffe. It isn’t going to do his career any good.

I think Darren could be fantastic! He’s a great actor, and I think he really would deserve this part. Daniel was great at it too, I saw the show the night before it opened, and it was awesome! People should really stop hating on either of them, they are both GREAT at what they do. As for the thing about Darren following Daniel in roles or whatever, I’m sure it’s not really on purpose. AVPM is hilarious and just a funny think that they did in college, and as for the role in HTS, who would turn it down? If he’s good for the part, why shouldn’t he take it? I’m a big fan of both Darren and Daniel, and I hope this turns out for Darren; he deserves it. :)

I have watched this Broadway production… I feel as no one can do as well as Dan did. He’s just great!

am I the only one who doesn’t like darren criss?
love daniel.

Hey! What’s wrong with you people?! Why you’re judging Darren right, before even seeing a show with him?! I mean…you don’t know how he’s gonna performe. And besides…let me remind you that Darren is ACTUAL musician. He was in music theatre before and he did fantastic job there so…please, stop all this hate.

Iffy Miffy @ 07/22/2011 at 11:04 am

Love both those guys so I don’t see what is with the comments of hate or competition. Dan is leaving on his own and Darren is filling in before the permanent replacements steps in.
~
Also this has nothing to do with Harry Potter so stop already. I am sure even Dan is sick of it by now, he has talent which can be seen how he did this role so enough with constantly tying him to HP! Darren getting this has nothing to do with either Dan or HP except that AVPM is experience in theatre but he is quite qualified for this actually, considering his UoM degree.
~
Also it’ll be fine with Glee as this is a three weeks only deal so he’ll miss exactly one episode and it’ll mean a lot to his career. Stop with the hate guys, you haven’t even seen him in it and you’re pouring it on. He’s young, talented and is a hard worker – don’t people like that deserve a chance?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All