Gerard Butler Jets Into JFK

Gerard Butler Jets Into JFK

Gerard Butler arrives at JFK International Airport on Thursday (July 21) in New York City.

The 41-year-old Scottish actor had been spending time in Italy, where he attended the Ischia Film Festival.

Gerry was honored at the annual event with the Actor of the Year Award but also squeezed in some time to go sightseeing around town.

Gerard has three upcoming movies, Machine Gun Preacher, Playing the Field, and Movie 43, but he’ll also soon start production on the How to Train Your Dragon sequel!

gerard butler jfk 01
gerard butler jfk 02
gerard butler jfk 03
gerard butler jfk 04
gerard butler jfk 05

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1016 » Show All
curious cat @ 07/23/2011 at 1:15 am

@Manny: @Manny:

Manny, all that I didn’t know. The way I understood the Gone with the Wind saga is that Margaret Mitchell or her estate forbade anyone to write a sequel, but the copyright expires after so many years–I should knowhow many but can’t think of it–so her heirs chose an author to write the sequel before the copyright expired, knowing somebody would do it once they had no control
I never heard or read that she had started a sequel herself.
Interesting.
I found the sequel disappointing. The writer set it in Ireland, she said, because the Reconstruction American South was boring. Really? And the writer recreated all the battles between Rhett and Scarlett, never allowing them to start growing up until the very bodice ripping end. Aagggh.

Here’s another unrelated tidbit that bothered me. Disney bought all the rights to the Winnie the Pooh stories and never gave a dime to Christopher Robin Milne, the son of author A.A. Milne, and the inspiration for the books along with his bevy of stuffed animals.
Christopher Robin worked in a modest paying bookstore in England all his adult life, never profiting at all from his father’s work.
I guess Disney wasn’t legally obligated if nothing was spelled out in author Milne’s will, and maybe acknowledging any rights Christopher might have would be opening the door to problems, (where are you OBND?) but if I’d been running Disney, I’d think it would be an act of morality to include Christopher Robin in a share of the riches.

@Swansong/Paisley:

I went to your site and read your chapter…… how you can call that writing is a disgrace!

Stop plugging your cr@p at Gerard Butler’s expense!!!!

curious cat @ 07/23/2011 at 1:29 am

@CorBlimey:

Holy moly, Cor. That’s exactly what I’d like to do right now. Pack up some sun lotion, ice water and a good book and drive clear across this island to my favorite country spot. Instead I have to stick to the grind.

@curious cat:
I agree that the sequel was disappointing. Margaret Mitchell had started the sequel when she was hit and killed crossing a street in Atlanta while accompanying her husband to see a movie. Like I said I was having a grand time today learning some new things.
As far as the Winnie the Pooh, that is what I found the most confusing. There are different copyright laws in every country and on top of that here in the U.S. various state statutes too. With Phantom, it was copyrighted when written in French in the newspaper and then again in book form. When the book was translated to English the copyright didn’t encompass that. So the publishers of the English version applied and were granted the copyright on the English version of the book in 1916. The info I read today said that publishing houses could copyright for 50, 80, or 120 years and most were granted the 120 year copyright.
I found it interesting that when the 1925 movie was be produced, they actually met with Leroux about using the characters in the movie. That is where I was really thrown. If the book wasn’t protected by the French copyright law why did the movie producers approach Leroux?
Like I said, I learned a lot today and enjoyed myself.

curious cat @ 07/23/2011 at 1:34 am

@Manny:

Historical research is fascinating. I really get off (no not REALLY!) on reading about things like the per capita consumption of rice in Cochin China in 2,000 B.C. I don’t consider myself a serious historian but people who can deduce a lot about the way people lived from the records kept then, and read the old languages are amazing.
GWTW and Pooh are much more recent.

zzzzzzzzzz @ 07/23/2011 at 2:15 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@Manny:

Well, Manny….if you are not interested in me and what I’m up to, why did you start following me on Twitter? What could I possibly have to say that would make you want to follow me? Of course, I blocked you, because I don’t want you watching me. You have no interest in me, and yet you had “someone” send you what was supposedly a selection from my book? You’ve also let it slip that you keep tabs on me when you asked how my husband was doing….and then you said “see, I do keep track.” You posted that crap about the copyright issue as another personal jab to me, and now you have resorted to name calling like a mean little bully. You ignored my post where I said that I had already researched the issue. Do you think I’m stupid enough to work my butt off on a project for 6 years without doing my homework? You get over yourself.

@Manny:

This is hilarious, since YOU are the one who took it upon yourself to jump into a conversation that I was having with another poster. She was asking ME about the copyright issue, not YOU. But you had to butt in, looking for another opportunity to slam me. I did answer her question. I told her that I had already looked into the legalities. No I did not provide the information for her, but it can be found on the web. YOU are the one who decided to investigate, and then supposedly it was “so much fun.” You are a sicko, Manny. Getting your thrills out of holding court on a gossip site.

@Deb:

Good for you. Glad you can read.

Swannie

@Swansong/Paisley:
Wow, I just clicked on your name. You’re very pretty. :)
Don’t pay any attention to the board bully. All of Gerry’s fans should feel free to post here without self-appointed thread monitors dictating what is acceptable fandom or not. Your posts are always respectful of Gerry and very thoughtful. You are as entitled to post here as anyone else. :)

@silva:

Thank you, Silva. Sadly, due to a lot of personal issues, I don’t look much like that photo anymore…but thanks for the compliment anyway. Nice to see a friendly post here on JJ. Speaking of Gerry, aside from his scowl at the paps, he looks great in these photos. I do have to confess though, that I’ll be glad when he goes back to his darker hair color. I think he looks handsome with the lighter hair too, but I kind of miss the dark brown. Wonder what he will look like the next time he’s photographed? It’s always fun to see!

Swannie

@Swansong/Paisley:
I think he looks great in these pictures, too!
I thought he didn’t look well when he was in Ischia. I was worried about him. I thought something was wrong. But what a difference a week makes! lol
Some R&R in Switzerland and Scotland and he looks fit as a fiddle and ready for mischief! lol
Even after a transatlantic flight, he’s looking great. :)
I like his hair dark, too. I think he’s using the sandy color to transition to Frosty’s, so it’s probably temporary. :)

italian girl @ 07/23/2011 at 3:39 am

So hooooooooot!!!
He is one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen.
I love Gerard, but why is he always alone? Has he any girlfriend yet?

@silva:

Silve, in my early years of GB fandom, I used to freak out a lot too by his sometimes drastically changing appearance. You’d see him in one set of photos and he would look amazing, and then the very next day there would be new ones where he would look awful. Now I just take it in stride. The man’s looks are very changeable…so you never know what you are going to get. It’s interesting that while some of the people here enjoy slagging his looks, people who meet him in person always say that photos do not do him justice, and that he’s much more handsome in person. I found that to be true as well.

Swannie

When I met Gerry I thought he was so handsome I let him feel me up. He was initially too shy to feel me up but I knew that was what he wanted so I grabbed his hands and rubbed them all over my bossoms and my derriere. It must have got him very excited because he looked almost stunned with his mouth hanging open and unable to speak. I really turned him on.

Now I write fanfic about things I know Gerry would like to do to me but Gerry is really the Phantom and I am really his Christine. I sometimes make my husband put on a phantom mask and speak with a scottish accent when we are “doing it”. I know he likes it too.

What else would you like to know about me? I have several cats.

Swannie

Gerry come to Denmark ….hot danish viking wanna meet you :0)

this man must be of steel. His work schedule is one of the most gruelling. Your looking beautiful Gerry and congrats on your award. Well deserved.
Can’t wait to see Machine Gun Preacher and Coriolanus looks fantastic. Both worthy of Oscars.

What a guy and a well esteemed actor.

Luvya

Joan (HUG) ***

@joan: How can you say the movies are worthy of Oscars if you haven’t seen them yet? He is not a well esteemed actor, he is a movie star. Big difference.

I just hope he doesn’t ruin Coriolanus, that sounds like it will be good. I could care less for the biker movie.

Swannie

Mellifera @ 07/23/2011 at 5:27 am

Bwaaaahahahahaha, my post got 6 thumbs down! Oh thats so funny. Guess no-one shares my dream of a short dark-haired, cigarette free Gerry. Mmmm, those were the days. Hey people, I’m allowed to have my own Gerry preferences!!!
Oh and those “FB” posts were so funny. Made my day.
On a more serious note, am thinking of everyone in Norway tonight…what a terrible thing that will affect the entire nation. I really feel for the families of the victims.

Whatever GB’s current looks his behaviour continually proves that there is much less to him than meets the eye. Plane girl’s mum says her daughter and GB due to meet up in a few days – fresh meat.

@WakeUp: Thanks, that woke me up in the nicest way. Gerry pass the sugar and cream.

@Mellifera: Good morning Melli, with all the heartache you have witnessed the last year, I now how the pain the Norwegian people are facing is effecting you. Your pain was an act of GOD. What on earth can possess a human to do such horrible acts. How can so much hate be in a person. It is so sad to know that people place no value on human life anymore.

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1016 » Show All